Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > New life here in Geneva.

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New life here in Geneva.

Hi everyone,

Well I just moved to Geneva, around a week or so ago - I'm French, but lived my entire life abroad (and born in the UK) - so English is pretty much my mother tounge, which makes life pretty difficult being here! 

Finding people to talk to who speak English is rather hard until I found this place earlier today. I'm looking forward to meeting new people, doing new things and whatever else. I have no idea what else to be saying but yeah, god bless the english language haha!

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone,

Well I just moved to Geneva, around a week or so ago - I'm French, but lived my entire life abroad (and born in the UK) - so English is pretty much my mother tounge, which makes life pretty difficult being here! 

Finding people to talk to who speak English is rather hard until I found this place earlier today. I'm looking forward to meeting new people, doing new things and whatever else. I have no idea what else to be saying but yeah, god bless the english language haha!

Louay MApr 5, 2015 @ 21:15
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 736 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: New life here in Geneva.
Post 1

so what brings you to geneva from sunny UK?

so what brings you to geneva from sunny UK?

nikkisawyer, Apr 5, 2015 @ 22:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

The sun!

The sun!

Louay M, Apr 5, 2015 @ 23:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Best thing to do do is check the events and attend the ones you might be interested in. It's a great way to meet people and get to start your own social network. I myself live in Lausanne and organize hikes from time to times. It's fun and you always meet new people. There are also drinks organized or parties... just anything, name it and you'll find it... or just post it!!

Best thing to do do is check the events and attend the ones you might be interested in. It's a great way to meet people and get to start your own social network. I myself live in Lausanne and organize hikes from time to times. It's fun and you always meet new people. There are also drinks organized or parties... just anything, name it and you'll find it... or just post it!!

Myriam A, Apr 6, 2015 @ 10:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thanks Myriam, great help! This place already has me speaking to people! Message me if you are planning on other hikes soon, wouldn't mind joining! :-)

Thanks Myriam, great help! This place already has me speaking to people! Message me if you are planning on other hikes soon, wouldn't mind joining! :-)

Louay M, Apr 6, 2015 @ 11:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 736 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form