Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > New on glocals, 4 years in Switzerland.

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New on glocals, 4 years in Switzerland.

Hello everyone, I would like to introduce myself, I am a young man looking to make new networks, I have been in Switzerland for 5 years in December and am very excited on being here.

I am an english speaker it being my first language becomes a very good way of communicating with people. I am 23 years old, and just graduated from Hotel institute Montreux, and am currently studying towards my new goal. my masters, in which I have been improved of a 30 percent scholarship for my masters in American Graduate School of Buiness in La Tour de Peiz. I have been acustomed to living here on a strict budget, which makes it a cause to do so. For example, I realized food prices in Switzerland are ridiulous, buying furniture here can be very over priced, buying it in France is less expencive, and folks in Geneva, a great hint is Carefour in France, the range of products are huge and the prices are around 45 percent cheaper then the discount stores in Geneva, Nyon or even the Swiss Riveira, you are able to move a drive for around 10 minutes from the central of Geneva if there is no traffic. Being resourcful also means knowing alot of ways to get things done for free, for example a friend of mine was in need of buying a car as he lived in the city of Bouveret to get to Montreux for courses, did you know people have cars which function which they just want to give up, my friend bought a BMW 1999 for 1 CHF and had to pay for the insurance, he did have to pay around 750 CHF in the garage to be honest, but the car works and fits its purpose. He got the car insured in France for 300 Euros and the insurance is also covering parts or cities close to the border like Geneva and Montreux Bouveret and so on. If your looking to save money on garages go to cities in Valais, or even in France on the border in cities like Thonon, Evian and so on. Message me if you want or need anything. I would be very happy to help anyone or advice anyone on anything and if I cannot answer you and do not know the answer to your questions, please do not state that it was pointless asking. As if I lie and give false advice it would just be disrespectful from me to state sometiing I do not know about. In topics of Swiss law, I am very limited other then a parking ticket is 40 CHF.

The text you are quoting:

Hello everyone, I would like to introduce myself, I am a young man looking to make new networks, I have been in Switzerland for 5 years in December and am very excited on being here.

I am an english speaker it being my first language becomes a very good way of communicating with people. I am 23 years old, and just graduated from Hotel institute Montreux, and am currently studying towards my new goal. my masters, in which I have been improved of a 30 percent scholarship for my masters in American Graduate School of Buiness in La Tour de Peiz. I have been acustomed to living here on a strict budget, which makes it a cause to do so. For example, I realized food prices in Switzerland are ridiulous, buying furniture here can be very over priced, buying it in France is less expencive, and folks in Geneva, a great hint is Carefour in France, the range of products are huge and the prices are around 45 percent cheaper then the discount stores in Geneva, Nyon or even the Swiss Riveira, you are able to move a drive for around 10 minutes from the central of Geneva if there is no traffic. Being resourcful also means knowing alot of ways to get things done for free, for example a friend of mine was in need of buying a car as he lived in the city of Bouveret to get to Montreux for courses, did you know people have cars which function which they just want to give up, my friend bought a BMW 1999 for 1 CHF and had to pay for the insurance, he did have to pay around 750 CHF in the garage to be honest, but the car works and fits its purpose. He got the car insured in France for 300 Euros and the insurance is also covering parts or cities close to the border like Geneva and Montreux Bouveret and so on. If your looking to save money on garages go to cities in Valais, or even in France on the border in cities like Thonon, Evian and so on. Message me if you want or need anything. I would be very happy to help anyone or advice anyone on anything and if I cannot answer you and do not know the answer to your questions, please do not state that it was pointless asking. As if I lie and give false advice it would just be disrespectful from me to state sometiing I do not know about. In topics of Swiss law, I am very limited other then a parking ticket is 40 CHF.

karan kachhwahaNov 9, 2014 @ 23:24
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 659 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: New on glocals, 4 years in Switzerland.
Post 1

1chf????? that can't be real

1chf????? that can't be real

Mayling l, Nov 10, 2014 @ 01:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Serious, their called give aways, u can find cars which the owner doesnt want or isnt bothered. My friend bought an Opel corsa 1999 it had 120k kilometers and it runs really well, he did spend 750 in a garage to change a few parts but it runs well. its been 2 years under his ownership. He did have minor issues in which he invested another 500 on the car for servicing and brake pads but till now nothing else.

Serious, their called give aways, u can find cars which the owner doesnt want or isnt bothered. My friend bought an Opel corsa 1999 it had 120k kilometers and it runs really well, he did spend 750 in a garage to change a few parts but it runs well. its been 2 years under his ownership. He did have minor issues in which he invested another 500 on the car for servicing and brake pads but till now nothing else.

karan kachhwaha, Nov 10, 2014 @ 03:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Oh and vehicle insurance is usually expencive but the car he bought he registered it in France and his insurance is 10 percent of what it is in Swiss.

Oh and vehicle insurance is usually expencive but the car he bought he registered it in France and his insurance is 10 percent of what it is in Swiss.

karan kachhwaha, Nov 10, 2014 @ 03:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 659 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form