Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > New to Geneva/Gland from UK, originally from India;

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New to Geneva/Gland from UK, originally from India;

Greetings to lively members of the group,

I am relocating to Geneva / Gland (Vaud) after staying few years in the UK. We are a young family with two boys age 6 and 3. I am originally from Mumbai, India and looking forward to our move to one of the most romantic places on Earth.

Have been to Switzerland for business trips and covered a few sightseeing places. But moving with young family to a completely new country can be challenging. I will be looking for help on "Getting started" stuff like car, home finding (in Gland). I am yet to decide between a new 4wheel drive or used family car. This will be my first time Left hand drive and hopefully will adjust quickly. Any suggestions are welcome.

btw, I have figured out my temporary accomodation till I find my rental house. It will be in shared house at viayoga.com. Excited to learn beginner Yoga techniques. ;-)

Once settled down, look forward to meet with some of you and restart my habit of running or learn new skills like Ski :)

Cheers,

Prasad

The text you are quoting:

Greetings to lively members of the group,

I am relocating to Geneva / Gland (Vaud) after staying few years in the UK. We are a young family with two boys age 6 and 3. I am originally from Mumbai, India and looking forward to our move to one of the most romantic places on Earth.

Have been to Switzerland for business trips and covered a few sightseeing places. But moving with young family to a completely new country can be challenging. I will be looking for help on "Getting started" stuff like car, home finding (in Gland). I am yet to decide between a new 4wheel drive or used family car. This will be my first time Left hand drive and hopefully will adjust quickly. Any suggestions are welcome.

btw, I have figured out my temporary accomodation till I find my rental house. It will be in shared house at viayoga.com. Excited to learn beginner Yoga techniques. ;-)

Once settled down, look forward to meet with some of you and restart my habit of running or learn new skills like Ski :)

Cheers,

Prasad

Prasadkumar DetheSep 14, 2016 @ 00:09
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 850 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: New to Geneva/Gland from UK, originally from India;
Post 1

Hi Prasad,

Are you staying at ViaYoga in Saint-Cergue? I just moved a mile down the road! I go trail running most days, would be happy to show you a few routes I like and explore new ones. My boyfriend and I both work from home, so we can run whenever it's convenient; we'd love to meet people to do this with.

Cheers,

Sarah

Hi Prasad,

Are you staying at ViaYoga in Saint-Cergue? I just moved a mile down the road! I go trail running most days, would be happy to show you a few routes I like and explore new ones. My boyfriend and I both work from home, so we can run whenever it's convenient; we'd love to meet people to do this with.

Cheers,

Sarah

Sarah F, Sep 14, 2016 @ 11:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

For the parents, join the Nyon Group here.   For "being" parents, head over to facebook and search anything with Moms, Mums, Parents, Vaud, Geneva, and you'll find the groups you need to find other parents.

For the parents, join the Nyon Group here.   For "being" parents, head over to facebook and search anything with Moms, Mums, Parents, Vaud, Geneva, and you'll find the groups you need to find other parents.

Michelle W, Sep 14, 2016 @ 16:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Sarah,

Yes, I will be at viayoga in Saint-Cergue. Flying in tomorrow. Once settled in, let's catch up. Thanks for your per to show few running routes. Will be useful. 

Cheers,

Prasad

Hi Sarah,

Yes, I will be at viayoga in Saint-Cergue. Flying in tomorrow. Once settled in, let's catch up. Thanks for your per to show few running routes. Will be useful. 

Cheers,

Prasad

Prasadkumar Dethe, Sep 19, 2016 @ 05:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 850 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form