Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New to Lausanne!

Hi All, 

I am Megan and have just relocated to Lausanne from Australia with my husband.   I've been here for almost a month and Lausanne is beautiful but I would love to meet some new people and start to build a bit of a social group over here! We're here for at least four years. 

I am a high-school English teacher (although not work currently - I am the trailing spouse) and in my spare time I love reading, writing, baking and hanging out with my little dog. I love the parks here, even though I am not super sporty, sitting in the sun and stolling around the town is a favourite activity!  Currently studying french, but I am finding it very difficult! 

I would love to meet some new people, so if you know of any good book clubs or writers groups please let me know, or if you'd just like to join the dog and I are we go exploring Lausanne!

The text you are quoting:

Hi All, 

I am Megan and have just relocated to Lausanne from Australia with my husband.   I've been here for almost a month and Lausanne is beautiful but I would love to meet some new people and start to build a bit of a social group over here! We're here for at least four years. 

I am a high-school English teacher (although not work currently - I am the trailing spouse) and in my spare time I love reading, writing, baking and hanging out with my little dog. I love the parks here, even though I am not super sporty, sitting in the sun and stolling around the town is a favourite activity!  Currently studying french, but I am finding it very difficult! 

I would love to meet some new people, so if you know of any good book clubs or writers groups please let me know, or if you'd just like to join the dog and I are we go exploring Lausanne!

Meg HApr 10, 2017 @ 09:24
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1347 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: New to Lausanne!
Post 1

Hi Meg,

Fellow trailing spouse here, just relocated to Lausanne from London (via SF originally) a couple weeks ago!

Would love to find time to meet up and stroll around town, especially in this glorious weather we are currently experiencing.

Feel free to message me privately to arrange something or send an email to [email protected] - look forward to meeting you!

Hi Meg,

Fellow trailing spouse here, just relocated to Lausanne from London (via SF originally) a couple weeks ago!

Would love to find time to meet up and stroll around town, especially in this glorious weather we are currently experiencing.

Feel free to message me privately to arrange something or send an email to [email protected] - look forward to meeting you!

Abby Z, Apr 10, 2017 @ 09:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Meg and Abby.

Although not a trailing spouse, Im always happy to meet a friendly face or two. I'm also a teacher and I too have a dog. I am living in St Saphorin, near Vevey, but happy to pop into Lausanne for coffee or something stronger!

Look forward to meeting you both at some point soon,

Kate

Hi Meg and Abby.

Although not a trailing spouse, Im always happy to meet a friendly face or two. I'm also a teacher and I too have a dog. I am living in St Saphorin, near Vevey, but happy to pop into Lausanne for coffee or something stronger!

Look forward to meeting you both at some point soon,

Kate

Katy B, Apr 16, 2017 @ 00:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi All,

I'm Shirly and been in Lausanne for 2.5 years, moved to Turkey and now we're back. Let me know if you wanna catch up. we have small dog and a cat. 

Cheers

Hi All,

I'm Shirly and been in Lausanne for 2.5 years, moved to Turkey and now we're back. Let me know if you wanna catch up. we have small dog and a cat. 

Cheers

shirly j, Apr 16, 2017 @ 09:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Maybe we should arrange a coffee meet up somewhere near the train station? If you are all keen?

Maybe we should arrange a coffee meet up somewhere near the train station? If you are all keen?

Meg H, Apr 19, 2017 @ 13:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

I think it would be a great idea to all meet for coffee! Anyone free next week?

I think it would be a great idea to all meet for coffee! Anyone free next week?

Abby Z, Apr 20, 2017 @ 13:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hello ladies,

If you fancy a coffee and conversation, I run coffee morinings each Wednesday at Sratbucks outside of main ttrain station, Lausanne. The group is small, it is only three of us now but we have a laugh. Laughing I have been leaving in Nyon for a year and currently enjoy living in Switzerland.

More details about coffee meet ups on my website www.expatladies.us .

Patsy

Hello ladies,

If you fancy a coffee and conversation, I run coffee morinings each Wednesday at Sratbucks outside of main ttrain station, Lausanne. The group is small, it is only three of us now but we have a laugh. Laughing I have been leaving in Nyon for a year and currently enjoy living in Switzerland.

More details about coffee meet ups on my website www.expatladies.us .

Patsy

Patsy I, May 16, 2017 @ 17:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi All,

Probably you already settled in a bit. I'm officially moving this friday. My boyfriend got a job offer, so we are moving from Amsterdam to Lausanne. I don't have a job yet, but work in progress.

I would also love to meet new people. So curious if you already drank that coffee. And how you like Lausanne

Susan

Hi All,

Probably you already settled in a bit. I'm officially moving this friday. My boyfriend got a job offer, so we are moving from Amsterdam to Lausanne. I don't have a job yet, but work in progress.

I would also love to meet new people. So curious if you already drank that coffee. And how you like Lausanne

Susan

Susan Smit, May 30, 2017 @ 23:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1347 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form