Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New to Lausanne

Hello glocals community! My name is Katie and I recently moved to Switzerland from California. My husband and I have been working in Copenhagen, DK the last few years and will be in the Lausanne area for at least a year. I am mostly writing this to find out more about the expat community here. I am currently unemployed, so I would love to get out and about to see what this city has to offer :) 

A few interests:

- I have a Springer Spaniel who loves other dogs, so if you also have a puppy it would be great to meet up for a "puppy play date"!

- I am a singer, so I'd love to know what the music scene is like here - or maybe there are some guitar players out there who would be up for a jam session?

- I love a good brewery - although I know Switzerland is known more for their wine, but maybe you could suggest a bar with a descent beer selection (definitely a plus if it is dog friendly)?

- And lastly - I am looking for a job while I am here! My background is in music education, but I am  always up for trying something new! Any suggestions for places that would be interested in a friendly (non-french speaking) American would be much appreciated! 

So if any of that seems up your alley, or if you have any good tips for a new expat in Switzerland - feel free to send me a message! Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine :)

The text you are quoting:

Hello glocals community! My name is Katie and I recently moved to Switzerland from California. My husband and I have been working in Copenhagen, DK the last few years and will be in the Lausanne area for at least a year. I am mostly writing this to find out more about the expat community here. I am currently unemployed, so I would love to get out and about to see what this city has to offer :) 

A few interests:

- I have a Springer Spaniel who loves other dogs, so if you also have a puppy it would be great to meet up for a "puppy play date"!

- I am a singer, so I'd love to know what the music scene is like here - or maybe there are some guitar players out there who would be up for a jam session?

- I love a good brewery - although I know Switzerland is known more for their wine, but maybe you could suggest a bar with a descent beer selection (definitely a plus if it is dog friendly)?

- And lastly - I am looking for a job while I am here! My background is in music education, but I am  always up for trying something new! Any suggestions for places that would be interested in a friendly (non-french speaking) American would be much appreciated! 

So if any of that seems up your alley, or if you have any good tips for a new expat in Switzerland - feel free to send me a message! Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine :)

Katie EngstromAug 12, 2016 @ 10:18
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 797 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 797 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form