Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > New to Lausanne from Ireland

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New to Lausanne from Ireland

I moved to Lausanne from Dublin last weekend and have just finished my first week here and I am really like it so far! 

This is my first time working outside of Ireland and I am a pretty laid back relaxed kinda guy hehe. I left behind a big network of friends in Ireland and am looking forward to making some new ones here in Lausanne!

The text you are quoting:

I moved to Lausanne from Dublin last weekend and have just finished my first week here and I am really like it so far! 

This is my first time working outside of Ireland and I am a pretty laid back relaxed kinda guy hehe. I left behind a big network of friends in Ireland and am looking forward to making some new ones here in Lausanne!

Danny BMay 7, 2010 @ 19:30
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 700 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: New to Lausanne from Ireland
Post 1

Hi Danny i saw your post i moved here last saturday too from manchester and no noone yet!! i live in geneva though- how have you found it trying to meet new people? made what is any friends yet? Also have you been able to get English tv out here? i am really missing the soaps!!Zoe

Hi Danny i saw your post i moved here last saturday too from manchester and no noone yet!! i live in geneva though- how have you found it trying to meet new people? made what is any friends yet? Also have you been able to get English tv out here? i am really missing the soaps!!Zoe

Zoe Wright, May 7, 2010 @ 19:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Zoe, I have not been out too much so far so no new friends bar one or two people from work. My first week in work was really busy and I had just just finished my old job in Ireland on the Friday so I was wrecked each night so did not end up going out exploring just yet!

I have the bbc's and ITV in the place I'm in at the moment which is really handy :) I have not been watching the soaps, What ones ya missing the most?

Hi Zoe, I have not been out too much so far so no new friends bar one or two people from work. My first week in work was really busy and I had just just finished my old job in Ireland on the Friday so I was wrecked each night so did not end up going out exploring just yet!

I have the bbc's and ITV in the place I'm in at the moment which is really handy :) I have not been watching the soaps, What ones ya missing the most?

Danny B, May 7, 2010 @ 19:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Oh my god i am so jealous i miss eastenders, corrie, emmerdale, hollyoaks, them all really- how sad am i!

I havent been out either really, how far is Lusanne from Geneva, does it have an English community? I ventured round on Sunday went to an english bar which had friendly bar staff and was busy with expats watching the football so wasnt really chance to talk to people but i would recommend it if its not too far and you like sport as it has sky, its www.ladyg.ch then i might venture there on sunday again as all the shops are closed here on a sunday and there is not much else to do not knowing anyone!!!

Oh my god i am so jealous i miss eastenders, corrie, emmerdale, hollyoaks, them all really- how sad am i!

I havent been out either really, how far is Lusanne from Geneva, does it have an English community? I ventured round on Sunday went to an english bar which had friendly bar staff and was busy with expats watching the football so wasnt really chance to talk to people but i would recommend it if its not too far and you like sport as it has sky, its www.ladyg.ch then i might venture there on sunday again as all the shops are closed here on a sunday and there is not much else to do not knowing anyone!!!

Zoe Wright, May 7, 2010 @ 20:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Yeah there seems to be a bit of an expat community here, there are a few UK and Irish style bars but I have not gone to one yet.

Lusanne is about 30 - 40 minutes by train from Geneva I think, I've only been in the airport in Geneva so far but I'll have to get the train over there and take a good look hehe.

Yeah the shops being closed on a sunday is going to be a weird one to get used to again but there are some that do stay open in the train stations I think. 

I have the same plan for sunday myself, I'll take another look around the city (My relocation company rep actually gave me a really good driving tour of it) but this time I'll hopefully not get lost as much :)

Lausanne is a really pretty city although the hills do take some getting used to!

Yeah there seems to be a bit of an expat community here, there are a few UK and Irish style bars but I have not gone to one yet.

Lusanne is about 30 - 40 minutes by train from Geneva I think, I've only been in the airport in Geneva so far but I'll have to get the train over there and take a good look hehe.

Yeah the shops being closed on a sunday is going to be a weird one to get used to again but there are some that do stay open in the train stations I think. 

I have the same plan for sunday myself, I'll take another look around the city (My relocation company rep actually gave me a really good driving tour of it) but this time I'll hopefully not get lost as much :)

Lausanne is a really pretty city although the hills do take some getting used to!

Danny B, May 7, 2010 @ 21:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 700 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form