Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Newbie in Geneva next week!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Newbie in Geneva next week!

Hey all! I am a 27 year old female from the US, will be working at the WHO starting next Monday.  It is super last minute, but I haven't figured out a living situation yet! :( If anyone has any suggestions, or knows of a room-share, I'd appreciate it!!

Also, I'd love to explore the city with new friends- if you're interested in getting together for some adventure in the near future, let me know! I love to walk around, hike/bike, go on a weekend excursion, or just hit up a bar : )

The text you are quoting:

Hey all! I am a 27 year old female from the US, will be working at the WHO starting next Monday.  It is super last minute, but I haven't figured out a living situation yet! :( If anyone has any suggestions, or knows of a room-share, I'd appreciate it!!

Also, I'd love to explore the city with new friends- if you're interested in getting together for some adventure in the near future, let me know! I love to walk around, hike/bike, go on a weekend excursion, or just hit up a bar : )

Pryanka RMar 31, 2014 @ 01:24
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 953 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Newbie in Geneva next week!
Post 1

Welcome in Geneva !

Classifieds here are a good place to find a room, you can also look on easy-wg.ch or anibis.ch (but mostly in french).

Avoid craigslist, a lot of offers are scams - especially the ~400€/month fully furnished newly renovated 50sqm flats in city center, this would cost more like ~2000CHF in reality - and anyway, nobody would advertise in another currency. Never give / send any money before you got to see the flat, have the keys in hand and checked them. Feel free to ask a glocal if you have any doubt.

Good luck and don't hesitate to contact me if you need more info.

Welcome in Geneva !

Classifieds here are a good place to find a room, you can also look on easy-wg.ch or anibis.ch (but mostly in french).

Avoid craigslist, a lot of offers are scams - especially the ~400€/month fully furnished newly renovated 50sqm flats in city center, this would cost more like ~2000CHF in reality - and anyway, nobody would advertise in another currency. Never give / send any money before you got to see the flat, have the keys in hand and checked them. Feel free to ask a glocal if you have any doubt.

Good luck and don't hesitate to contact me if you need more info.

Yoann P, Mar 31, 2014 @ 12:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Pryanka!

I'm also new in the city, have u already arrived?

Cris

Hi Pryanka!

I'm also new in the city, have u already arrived?

Cris

cristina t, Apr 5, 2014 @ 19:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Cristina! Yes I have just arrived tonight, and am planning on checking out some apartments tomorrow.  How about you, are you here? It's be nice to have some company and explore the city, you are up for it sometime! 

Hi Cristina! Yes I have just arrived tonight, and am planning on checking out some apartments tomorrow.  How about you, are you here? It's be nice to have some company and explore the city, you are up for it sometime! 

Pryanka R, Apr 6, 2014 @ 00:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Don't forget to snatch up the last fondus of the season!

Have a great time in Geneva!

Don't forget to snatch up the last fondus of the season!

Have a great time in Geneva!

Sivan Writer, Apr 6, 2014 @ 08:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Moi aussi ! 

As you can see, I am trying to pick up some French and torture the local people here with my broken french ! :)

Just finished first week at work and pretty excited to be working abroad for the first time. 
I hope we make some plans of get together and explore Geneva !

Cheers

Rahul

Moi aussi ! 

As you can see, I am trying to pick up some French and torture the local people here with my broken french ! :)

Just finished first week at work and pretty excited to be working abroad for the first time. 
I hope we make some plans of get together and explore Geneva !

Cheers

Rahul

Rahul Jha, Apr 6, 2014 @ 14:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Pryanka,

Welcome to the city! I've been living here for 10 years now, but I'm from Switzerland. I love meeting new people. Let me know if you'd like to hang out sometimes!

Vanessa

Hi Pryanka,

Welcome to the city! I've been living here for 10 years now, but I'm from Switzerland. I love meeting new people. Let me know if you'd like to hang out sometimes!

Vanessa

Vanessa C, Apr 26, 2014 @ 14:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 953 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form