Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Not so new to Geneva but new the Glo-community.

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Not so new to Geneva but new the Glo-community.
Hello all,

I am Dominic, originally from London, England - I have been in Geneva for almost 4 years now. Am loving my time here, mostly due to the outdoor living - there is so much to do.

Looking forward to getting involved in some outdoor activities and maybe some entrepreneurial ones too - I am a battle hardened e-business manager with a Product design and development past and am always looking for interesting extracurricular activities. 

Dom
The text you are quoting:
Hello all,

I am Dominic, originally from London, England - I have been in Geneva for almost 4 years now. Am loving my time here, mostly due to the outdoor living - there is so much to do.

Looking forward to getting involved in some outdoor activities and maybe some entrepreneurial ones too - I am a battle hardened e-business manager with a Product design and development past and am always looking for interesting extracurricular activities. 

Dom

Dominic WSep 7, 2009 @ 23:28
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 810 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Not so new to Geneva but new the Glo-community.
Post 1

Hope to see you on the Medieval Forest walk. After maybe we can get together and discuss entrepreneuralial stuff. I've been hooked up with a startup company that brought in $1.3M US to promote animated movies of childrens drawings. They also had novel ideas about virtual worlds designed specifically for kids. Positive gaming.

I'm an Oracle Database guy for over 20+ years. So I'm always putting in the infrastructure for new businesses and e-commerce sites etc.

Hope to see you on the Medieval Forest walk. After maybe we can get together and discuss entrepreneuralial stuff. I've been hooked up with a startup company that brought in $1.3M US to promote animated movies of childrens drawings. They also had novel ideas about virtual worlds designed specifically for kids. Positive gaming.

I'm an Oracle Database guy for over 20+ years. So I'm always putting in the infrastructure for new businesses and e-commerce sites etc.

dougcall, Sep 9, 2009 @ 05:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Not so new to Geneva but new the Glo-community.
Post 2
Hi Doug,

Sorry I missed the event yesterday. The project sounds interesting - I think there is huge potential for virtual worlds, especially edutainment for kids, Although, technically compex to implement and requires a high level of investment. Might make sense to start out with a 2d POC implementation, build the customer base and network and then seek further investment to fund development of the virtual experience.

Whilst being technically savvy, I lean towards online marketing - I have an MSc in e-business and have been an Internet guy since the mid 90's.

Best,

d.
Hi Doug,

Sorry I missed the event yesterday. The project sounds interesting - I think there is huge potential for virtual worlds, especially edutainment for kids, Although, technically compex to implement and requires a high level of investment. Might make sense to start out with a 2d POC implementation, build the customer base and network and then seek further investment to fund development of the virtual experience.

Whilst being technically savvy, I lean towards online marketing - I have an MSc in e-business and have been an Internet guy since the mid 90's.

Best,

d.

Dominic W, Sep 21, 2009 @ 12:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 810 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form