Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Nyon room crisis.

Hi Frenz,

Iis over a month now that i have come to swiss...and unlike basel and other swiss cities i find it really tough n expensive to find an apartment in nyon or geneva for instance.i m currently staying in begnins paying a very high rent.(arnd 2000 chf)Any suggestions where to search for rooms on rent in nyon or if anyone interested to share the room.Please suggest...

The text you are quoting:

Hi Frenz,

Iis over a month now that i have come to swiss...and unlike basel and other swiss cities i find it really tough n expensive to find an apartment in nyon or geneva for instance.i m currently staying in begnins paying a very high rent.(arnd 2000 chf)Any suggestions where to search for rooms on rent in nyon or if anyone interested to share the room.Please suggest...

Abraham AsadAug 15, 2010 @ 13:47
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1015 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Nyon room crisis.
Post 1

Hi Abraham:

The problem: Quite a few multi-nationals are being given tax-breaks to set up EMEA HQ's in the canton of Vaud and the Development Board are placing these companies in Morges/Nyon/Gland/Rolle.  Their employees are being given large relocation packages and accommodation assistance to live in the area, so the rents are a) being unrealistically pushed up an b) given priority to relocation agents (and their clients) who have the big bucks to spend.

The solution: Look further along the lake, going East (Preverenges, St Sulpice etc) or move away from the lake (North) into the Jura (St Cergue for example).

You may find the competition a bit less fierce and rents a bit more realistic (by Swiss standards!).

Hope that helps and I wish you luck - perserverance is key :-).

Hi Abraham:

The problem: Quite a few multi-nationals are being given tax-breaks to set up EMEA HQ's in the canton of Vaud and the Development Board are placing these companies in Morges/Nyon/Gland/Rolle.  Their employees are being given large relocation packages and accommodation assistance to live in the area, so the rents are a) being unrealistically pushed up an b) given priority to relocation agents (and their clients) who have the big bucks to spend.

The solution: Look further along the lake, going East (Preverenges, St Sulpice etc) or move away from the lake (North) into the Jura (St Cergue for example).

You may find the competition a bit less fierce and rents a bit more realistic (by Swiss standards!).

Hope that helps and I wish you luck - perserverance is key :-).

Carolyn C, Aug 15, 2010 @ 14:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thanks a ton ...! Carolyn and Moonfleet...i thought ,just like the agencies no one will respond here as well....

Thanks a ton ...! Carolyn and Moonfleet...i thought ,just like the agencies no one will respond here as well....

Abraham Asad, Aug 16, 2010 @ 14:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Abraham i have just moved out a studio flat just over the border in ferney,

i can ask my landlord to contact you if you like?

750 sfr a month and it may do you until you get something else?

x

Abraham i have just moved out a studio flat just over the border in ferney,

i can ask my landlord to contact you if you like?

750 sfr a month and it may do you until you get something else?

x

lyndsey j, Aug 16, 2010 @ 14:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1015 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form