Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Officially Genevois now

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Officially Genevois now

Hi everyone

I've been browsing this forum for about a month now, but I thought I'd better do the "official" introduction that so many people like.

My husband, one year old son and I moved here from South Africa just over a month ago. I work at cern and am here for 2-3 years to complete my PhD.

We just got the phone call this morning that we have got our own apartment in Meyrin :) 

So, looking forward to a wonderful stay in Geneva, which will hopefully be longer than 3 years if things can go our way. 

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone

I've been browsing this forum for about a month now, but I thought I'd better do the "official" introduction that so many people like.

My husband, one year old son and I moved here from South Africa just over a month ago. I work at cern and am here for 2-3 years to complete my PhD.

We just got the phone call this morning that we have got our own apartment in Meyrin :) 

So, looking forward to a wonderful stay in Geneva, which will hopefully be longer than 3 years if things can go our way. 

Claire LJul 29, 2011 @ 10:40
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 594 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Officially Genevois now
Post 1

welcome to geneva. welcome to glocals. and congratulations on that apartment!

As I'm sure you are already aware, Geneva in the summer is a wonderful time. I hope you all get a chance to enjoy it - weather permitting of course!

welcome to geneva. welcome to glocals. and congratulations on that apartment!

As I'm sure you are already aware, Geneva in the summer is a wonderful time. I hope you all get a chance to enjoy it - weather permitting of course!

Zonker, Jul 29, 2011 @ 11:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thanks Zonker :) We've had some lovely days already at the beaches and places around the lake, it is a wonderful place to be in the summertime, and I love being out and about so much. What do people normally do on rainy days though?

Thanks Zonker :) We've had some lovely days already at the beaches and places around the lake, it is a wonderful place to be in the summertime, and I love being out and about so much. What do people normally do on rainy days though?

Claire L, Jul 29, 2011 @ 11:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Ah, so, we can blame you for the bad weather.... ;D

Welcome - enjoy

Ah, so, we can blame you for the bad weather.... ;D