Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Relocating to Geneva in late June-Searching Accomodation

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Relocating to Geneva in late June-Searching Accomodation

Hi everyone!

My name is Keya Saxena and I have got an internship with the ILO for six months starting from July 3rd.

Originally from New Delhi, I am 24 years old and have been living in the United States for past two years. Finishing up my Masters in Media Studies from University of Oregon, I am a huge movie buff who harbors ardent interest in outdoor activties and theater.

For my relocation, I am looking for a private room in a shared apartment in Geneva with a budget of 600-800 CHF per month. Would be great if I could get some help in finding a safe, suitable accomodation. Thanks a ton!

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone!

My name is Keya Saxena and I have got an internship with the ILO for six months starting from July 3rd.

Originally from New Delhi, I am 24 years old and have been living in the United States for past two years. Finishing up my Masters in Media Studies from University of Oregon, I am a huge movie buff who harbors ardent interest in outdoor activties and theater.

For my relocation, I am looking for a private room in a shared apartment in Geneva with a budget of 600-800 CHF per month. Would be great if I could get some help in finding a safe, suitable accomodation. Thanks a ton!

Keya SaxenaApr 24, 2017 @ 19:33
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 915 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Relocating to Geneva in late June-Searching Accomodation
Post 1

https://www.facebook.com/groups/327007357342406/?fref=nf

You will have to acitvely search for yourself on the various forums. On glocals you find add under classifieds.

your budget is really on the low end, likely that you will be able to find only a room in a shared appartments but not in the center.

Try to secure something temp before your arrival as finding accommodation in Geneve often proves to be difficult especially when you are a temp intern.

Be prepared that you may have to pay 3 months downpayment and get an "attestation" from the Office de Pousuit. If you google. you will find further info on renting in Switzerland. The rules are specific to the country.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/327007357342406/?fref=nf

You will have to acitvely search for yourself on the various forums. On glocals you find add under classifieds.

your budget is really on the low end, likely that you will be able to find only a room in a shared appartments but not in the center.

Try to secure something temp before your arrival as finding accommodation in Geneve often proves to be difficult especially when you are a temp intern.

Be prepared that you may have to pay 3 months downpayment and get an "attestation" from the Office de Pousuit. If you google. you will find further info on renting in Switzerland. The rules are specific to the country.

Reka Y, Apr 24, 2017 @ 19:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

https://en.comparis.ch/immobilien/marktplatz/details/show/16604379

https://en.comparis.ch/immobilien/marktplatz/details/show/16604379

Monique V, Apr 25, 2017 @ 02:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Monique,

I am interested in the apartment and would love to see more pictures of it. My email ID is [email protected]

Thanks!

Hi Monique,

I am interested in the apartment and would love to see more pictures of it. My email ID is [email protected]

Thanks!

Keya Saxena, Apr 25, 2017 @ 08:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Keya, sorry, it's not actually my apartment. I am just looking for myself and my move in is May 31. I came upon this thread around the same time that I found the link above. Hope you are able to connect with them about the apartment details. 

Hi Keya, sorry, it's not actually my apartment. I am just looking for myself and my move in is May 31. I came upon this thread around the same time that I found the link above. Hope you are able to connect with them about the apartment details. 

Monique V, Apr 25, 2017 @ 09:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

If you are staying for only 6 months in Geneva, your best bet is a flatshare with all included. This ranges from CHF800 to CHF1200, depending on location and quality of the place.

If you want a cheaper room, then you have to go a bit outside of Geneva, even in France (Ferney-Voltaire, Anemasse, St Julien).

If you are staying for only 6 months in Geneva, your best bet is a flatshare with all included. This ranges from CHF800 to CHF1200, depending on location and quality of the place.

If you want a cheaper room, then you have to go a bit outside of Geneva, even in France (Ferney-Voltaire, Anemasse, St Julien).

geojusto, Apr 25, 2017 @ 09:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 915 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form