Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Seven years

Hello Glocals

I arrived in CH on April 1 2004.(I like to make major life changes on April Fool's Day. Spices things up no end.)

Moved to Wollishofen. Best: cool neighbours - orange-haired reflexologist, gay Russian pianist. Worst: Revelation that Migros doesn't sell beer.

Moved to Langnau. Worst: Uptight neighbours who proved the toilet flushing after 10pm myth is true. Best: Wildpark creatures - deer, hare, black squirrels, wildschwein and one solitary murmeltier.

Moved over the Albis. Best: Neighbours very quiet (we live next door to the cemetery), views of three different peaks, fields, forests, rivers and yodelling festivals. Worst: Farmers spread the stinky stuff just when we've planned a grill.

I hate skiing, dislike chocolate and love Cheddar but still haven't been deported. How about that for tolerance?

I'm happy to be here and plan to stay. If they'll have me.

The text you are quoting:

Hello Glocals

I arrived in CH on April 1 2004.(I like to make major life changes on April Fool's Day. Spices things up no end.)

Moved to Wollishofen. Best: cool neighbours - orange-haired reflexologist, gay Russian pianist. Worst: Revelation that Migros doesn't sell beer.

Moved to Langnau. Worst: Uptight neighbours who proved the toilet flushing after 10pm myth is true. Best: Wildpark creatures - deer, hare, black squirrels, wildschwein and one solitary murmeltier.

Moved over the Albis. Best: Neighbours very quiet (we live next door to the cemetery), views of three different peaks, fields, forests, rivers and yodelling festivals. Worst: Farmers spread the stinky stuff just when we've planned a grill.

I hate skiing, dislike chocolate and love Cheddar but still haven't been deported. How about that for tolerance?

I'm happy to be here and plan to stay. If they'll have me.

Jill PJul 3, 2011 @ 21:41
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 746 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Seven years
Post 1

You dislike chocolate? :O

Didn't know that was within human capabilities! :D

You dislike chocolate? :O

Didn't know that was within human capabilities! :D

Vijay K, Jul 4, 2011 @ 00:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Seven years
Post 2

Do not know if you have watched the film Dei Schweizermacher (les faiseurs suisses) but, if you have, you will realise that, having posted your penutlitmate paragraph, you will never have an application for Swiss citizenship accepted.   

Do not know if you have watched the film Dei Schweizermacher (les faiseurs suisses) but, if you have, you will realise that, having posted your penutlitmate paragraph, you will never have an application for Swiss citizenship accepted.   

Paul E, Jul 4, 2011 @ 10:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 746 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form