Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > South African arrives in Lausanne, uh oh. What now???

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
South African arrives in Lausanne, uh oh. What now???

Hello everyone! My name is Melissa and I'm new to Lausanne and for the first time in my life I discovered loneliness! So as not to let it get the better of me, I am joining glocals. I'm rather outdoorsy (no it's not quite a word but I'm sure we all understand :P) so I like activities in the sunshine or just sporty ones in general although i'm probably the clumsiest person around! I also like to watch movies and read and all those relaxing things. Hmm, what else do you say in an introduction? Erm, I'm 24 and I work in a laboratory of Neuroscience (believe it not, I'm quite far from the cliched profile such a profession might portray :P).

:)

The text you are quoting:

Hello everyone! My name is Melissa and I'm new to Lausanne and for the first time in my life I discovered loneliness! So as not to let it get the better of me, I am joining glocals. I'm rather outdoorsy (no it's not quite a word but I'm sure we all understand :P) so I like activities in the sunshine or just sporty ones in general although i'm probably the clumsiest person around! I also like to watch movies and read and all those relaxing things. Hmm, what else do you say in an introduction? Erm, I'm 24 and I work in a laboratory of Neuroscience (believe it not, I'm quite far from the cliched profile such a profession might portray :P).

:)

Melissa CJul 21, 2010 @ 14:55
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 770 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: South African arrives in Lausanne, uh oh. What now???
Post 1

Welcome to the city!

You arrived in the best time, lots of outdoor activities and great weather.

For example this week is Palleo festival (link), the biggest around, also in Mont Benon park they sometimes have small concerts.

Also on Saturdays in Mont Repos park there is a free open air cinema (link)

And with this weather the option of just staying in a terrace/park just having a drink is also very nice

Don't feel shy to join any event or create a new one, there's a lot of nice people around

Jose

Welcome to the city!

You arrived in the best time, lots of outdoor activities and great weather.

For example this week is Palleo festival (link), the biggest around, also in Mont Benon park they sometimes have small concerts.

Also on Saturdays in Mont Repos park there is a free open air cinema (link)

And with this weather the option of just staying in a terrace/park just having a drink is also very nice

Don't feel shy to join any event or create a new one, there's a lot of nice people around

Jose

Jose S, Jul 21, 2010 @ 18:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi there Jose,

Thank you for the message and all the advice :) I appreciate it a lot! And that outdoor cinema sounds great. I will definitely check that out. I am actually going to that festival, it's in nyon right? Yea and with this great weather, it is nice to just relax on a terrace somewhere. 

When did you move to lausanne?

mel :)

Hi there Jose,

Thank you for the message and all the advice :) I appreciate it a lot! And that outdoor cinema sounds great. I will definitely check that out. I am actually going to that festival, it's in nyon right? Yea and with this great weather, it is nice to just relax on a terrace somewhere. 

When did you move to lausanne?

mel :)

Melissa C, Jul 21, 2010 @ 19:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Well, its gonna make a year in August, it really passed fast! Still feel like just arrived for most things (maybe my poor level of french has something to do with that...)

I'm going to Paleo on Saturday with a friend, so if you are going in the same day let me know and maybe we can join forces. If not, I'm always easy to convince for a beer!

J

Well, its gonna make a year in August, it really passed fast! Still feel like just arrived for most things (maybe my poor level of french has something to do with that...)

I'm going to Paleo on Saturday with a friend, so if you are going in the same day let me know and maybe we can join forces. If not, I'm always easy to convince for a beer!

J

Jose S, Jul 21, 2010 @ 20:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Melissa

Take the boat from Ouchy and come over to sunny Evian! Lots to see and do here too. You'll love the whole area roundabouts. In winter there is heaps to do in the mountains too [this side is much cheaper than the CH side]! Are you from Joeys or Durbs?

Hamba gahle!

Hi Melissa

Take the boat from Ouchy and come over to sunny Evian! Lots to see and do here too. You'll love the whole area roundabouts. In winter there is heaps to do in the mountains too [this side is much cheaper than the CH side]! Are you from Joeys or Durbs?

Hamba gahle!

sheila c, Jul 21, 2010 @ 20:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 770 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form