Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Swedish girl approaching Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Swedish girl approaching Geneva

Hello! 

My name is Amanda I'm 24 years old and originally from Sweden. I will embark on the adventure that is Geneva end of August of this year. This as I will be an intern at Geneva for human rights between 1 of September until 18th of January. Currently fearing I may be doing this adventure without a home but hopefully that part will sort itself out too! I'm so very in to human rights and baking. I watch way too many TV shows and drink a whole lot of tea. 

My academic background is firstly my bachelors in Llb law with international relations from university of Portsmouth and now I'm currently doing my masters in human rights At university of Gothenburg, Sweden. 

I'm very excited to be able to go to Geneva where so much of the action is happening when it comes to the human rights field. But also for meeting new people! I enjoy going for drinks or coffee ( well, tea) having dinner or movie nights equally. Also have a soft spot for live music. 

Im also on the lookout for a roommate or anyone with tips on how to find a place to live in this exciting area! Remember I do bake a lot and need someone to eat it, so lets be friends? 

Okay so that got a little side tracked perhaps but if you'd like to get to know an easy going baking obsessed human rights buff do drop me a line! 

The text you are quoting:

Hello! 

My name is Amanda I'm 24 years old and originally from Sweden. I will embark on the adventure that is Geneva end of August of this year. This as I will be an intern at Geneva for human rights between 1 of September until 18th of January. Currently fearing I may be doing this adventure without a home but hopefully that part will sort itself out too! I'm so very in to human rights and baking. I watch way too many TV shows and drink a whole lot of tea. 

My academic background is firstly my bachelors in Llb law with international relations from university of Portsmouth and now I'm currently doing my masters in human rights At university of Gothenburg, Sweden. 

I'm very excited to be able to go to Geneva where so much of the action is happening when it comes to the human rights field. But also for meeting new people! I enjoy going for drinks or coffee ( well, tea) having dinner or movie nights equally. Also have a soft spot for live music. 

Im also on the lookout for a roommate or anyone with tips on how to find a place to live in this exciting area! Remember I do bake a lot and need someone to eat it, so lets be friends? 

Okay so that got a little side tracked perhaps but if you'd like to get to know an easy going baking obsessed human rights buff do drop me a line! 

Amanda LJun 22, 2015 @ 23:32
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1285 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Swedish girl approaching Geneva
Post 1

Welcome to glocals and to Geneva in September.

Meantime, check the Classifieds for housing offers at least once or twice a day.  You can also place your own ad. in the “Housing wanted” section which will surely attract a positive response.

And to get your social life started, you’ll find plenty going on in both “Things to do” and “Groups”.  All that, combined with the very active UN interns network, and you’ll be all set for a happy stay in no time.

Best wishes,

R.

Welcome to glocals and to Geneva in September.

Meantime, check the Classifieds for housing offers at least once or twice a day.  You can also place your own ad. in the “Housing wanted” section which will surely attract a positive response.

And to get your social life started, you’ll find plenty going on in both “Things to do” and “Groups”.  All that, combined with the very active UN interns network, and you’ll be all set for a happy stay in no time.

Best wishes,

R.

Ritchie, Jun 23, 2015 @ 02:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Amanda

I will be with the WHO for 2 months from September 28th to November 30th. I am from Canada !

We should definitely touch base !

Shobhit

Hi Amanda

I will be with the WHO for 2 months from September 28th to November 30th. I am from Canada !

We should definitely touch base !

Shobhit

Rahul S, Jul 7, 2015 @ 00:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Yes for sure! 

I may also know a bit about Geneva by then! Give me a shout when you have arrived! 

Yes for sure! 

I may also know a bit about Geneva by then! Give me a shout when you have arrived! 

Amanda L, Jul 7, 2015 @ 14:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for detailing your profile.

I am not new to Geneve that I frequent since I am a child, but I do not live in the city. At least for now, but I have swiss work permit however.

I was a +3-year resident to Megève, a famous luxury mountain village-resort 70Km away where many Swiss people flock each wekend all year round.  See www.megeve.com

I am onto leaving this place to resume life shortly in my original place not very far ; and shall revert shortly after to Annemasse / Geneve. 

I have some friends in Geneve, all foreign ppl. We enjoy meeting along the lake for a stroll and a drink at evening, sometimes.

You will certainly enjoy the city too.

P.S.

If you are about human rights, please tell me which field you cover exactly. I have just helped a friend in a case involving abusive employers, maybe you can assist. Let's talk about in MP then.

Ask me for LI or personal webpage to figure out who I am, first. Normal that you check before my own very profile.

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for detailing your profile.

I am not new to Geneve that I frequent since I am a child, but I do not live in the city. At least for now, but I have swiss work permit however.

I was a +3-year resident to Megève, a famous luxury mountain village-resort 70Km away where many Swiss people flock each wekend all year round.  See www.megeve.com

I am onto leaving this place to resume life shortly in my original place not very far ; and shall revert shortly after to Annemasse / Geneve. 

I have some friends in Geneve, all foreign ppl. We enjoy meeting along the lake for a stroll and a drink at evening, sometimes.

You will certainly enjoy the city too.

P.S.

If you are about human rights, please tell me which field you cover exactly. I have just helped a friend in a case involving abusive employers, maybe you can assist. Let's talk about in MP then.

Ask me for LI or personal webpage to figure out who I am, first. Normal that you check before my own very profile.

Michael Blanc, Jul 27, 2015 @ 22:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Amanda,

Just found we have similiar intern dates and some hobbies too. Feel free to contact me if you want someone to trip with!

Best,

Mocun

Hi Amanda,

Just found we have similiar intern dates and some hobbies too. Feel free to contact me if you want someone to trip with!

Best,

Mocun

Mocun L, Jul 28, 2015 @ 10:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1285 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form