Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Swiss guy - new to glocals

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Swiss guy - new to glocals

Hi there! Smile
Welcome to Switzerland...
I'm Swiss living in Geneva but actually I'm from the German part of Switzerland.
Like I wrote on my profile I'm an outside lover! Hiking, snowshoeing, crosscountryskiing, collecting and cooking wild plants Mother Earth offers,...
I'm newly a mountain leader and take out groups to discover and enjoy the beauties of this country.
I will soon propose some tours for expat around the Geneva area. If you are interested or have any wishes, please contact me...
Take care and see you soon

robert

The text you are quoting:

Hi there! Smile
Welcome to Switzerland...
I'm Swiss living in Geneva but actually I'm from the German part of Switzerland.
Like I wrote on my profile I'm an outside lover! Hiking, snowshoeing, crosscountryskiing, collecting and cooking wild plants Mother Earth offers,...
I'm newly a mountain leader and take out groups to discover and enjoy the beauties of this country.
I will soon propose some tours for expat around the Geneva area. If you are interested or have any wishes, please contact me...
Take care and see you soon

robert

robert kOct 20, 2010 @ 07:51
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 848 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Swiss guy - new to glocals
Post 1

Probably a stupid question but why not offer your services to one of the two SAC sections here or the Amis Montagnards, Piolet club, Geneve rando to mention but a few.  All of these clubs are taking out groups which are predominantly francophone (ie Swiss romand or France voisine) and forces people to be immersed in French/Swiss culture.  Whereas a group of glocals remains a group of glocals.  

Probably a stupid question but why not offer your services to one of the two SAC sections here or the Amis Montagnards, Piolet club, Geneve rando to mention but a few.  All of these clubs are taking out groups which are predominantly francophone (ie Swiss romand or France voisine) and forces people to be immersed in French/Swiss culture.  Whereas a group of glocals remains a group of glocals.  

Paul E, Oct 20, 2010 @ 10:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

There is also a group of accompagnateurs in Geneva which might be of interest to you.  I do not know what level you have but these are 'guides de moyenne montagne' who I think have followed a two year course which involves geology, botany etc but they charge for their outings as it is their full time employment.  

There is also a group of accompagnateurs in Geneva which might be of interest to you.  I do not know what level you have but these are 'guides de moyenne montagne' who I think have followed a two year course which involves geology, botany etc but they charge for their outings as it is their full time employment.  

Paul E, Oct 20, 2010 @ 10:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hallöchen, Willkommen bei Glocals!

It's a great place to meet nice international people. The best way indeed is to attend or organise an activity. Since I met some people who wish to improve/practise their German - you might organise an easy hike with German conversation. Just a thought.

So have fun!

Hallöchen, Willkommen bei Glocals!

It's a great place to meet nice international people. The best way indeed is to attend or organise an activity. Since I met some people who wish to improve/practise their German - you might organise an easy hike with German conversation. Just a thought.

So have fun!

just_me, Oct 20, 2010 @ 10:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Pauk,
Thanks for your suggestions. Actually I am an "accompagnateur de moyenne montagne" ("mountain leader" in English)!! Are you talking about the association "les passeurs de col" ?? I know some of them.
It is not yet my full time job, I'm starting slowly...

Hi Pauk,
Thanks for your suggestions. Actually I am an "accompagnateur de moyenne montagne" ("mountain leader" in English)!! Are you talking about the association "les passeurs de col" ?? I know some of them.
It is not yet my full time job, I'm starting slowly...

robert k, Oct 20, 2010 @ 11:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Well congratulations!! Hope those reading this understand the training you have had.  Yes les passeurs de col.  I know both Guy Trottet and Geneviève Fol because they are both members of the Geneva section of CAS and involved in the commission which is trying to create a maison de montagne in Geneva.  Both of them very nice but not sure hoiw they react to competition as they are full time accompagnateurs/lecturers. 

I will follow your posts with interest but unlikely to join as am heavily involved in organising walks myself but without the in-depth knowledge that you have.  You are welcome to come on any odf the CAS alpine tours I organise whether or not you are a member.  Some of them will give you a good introduction to the area esp Hte Savoie with which yo are maybe less familiar.  The walks are conducted in French/ English - leider kein Schwyyzerduutsch - sorry cannot spell that but then I believe spelling is up to the speaker.   

Well congratulations!! Hope those reading this understand the training you have had.  Yes les passeurs de col.  I know both Guy Trottet and Geneviève Fol because they are both members of the Geneva section of CAS and involved in the commission which is trying to create a maison de montagne in Geneva.  Both of them very nice but not sure hoiw they react to competition as they are full time accompagnateurs/lecturers. 

I will follow your posts with interest but unlikely to join as am heavily involved in organising walks myself but without the in-depth knowledge that you have.  You are welcome to come on any odf the CAS alpine tours I organise whether or not you are a member.  Some of them will give you a good introduction to the area esp Hte Savoie with which yo are maybe less familiar.  The walks are conducted in French/ English - leider kein Schwyyzerduutsch - sorry cannot spell that but then I believe spelling is up to the speaker.   

Paul E, Oct 20, 2010 @ 11:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Grüss Dich just_me,
Thanks for your interesting idea. I will think about it...
take care and see you!

Grüss Dich just_me,
Thanks for your interesting idea. I will think about it...
take care and see you!

robert k, Oct 20, 2010 @ 13:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Thanks for the invitation!
I know Guy Trottet, actually he is the one which gave me the lust to become a mountain leader.
Can you tell me more about the "maison de montagne" in Geneva ??
Take care

PS. your swiss-german is just perfect Wink

Thanks for the invitation!
I know Guy Trottet, actually he is the one which gave me the lust to become a mountain leader.
Can you tell me more about the "maison de montagne" in Geneva ??
Take care

PS. your swiss-german is just perfect Wink

robert k, Oct 20, 2010 @ 13:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 848 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form