Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Tica and kiddo coming to Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Tica and kiddo coming to Geneva

Hello!

After my first failed attempt last year I was finally accepted into my dreamt University. I'll be coming along with my wonderful son -no idea how the student/single-parent life will work out, but we'll manage.

I will be more than grateful for tips, advice, good vibes, prayers or a friendly smile...

The text you are quoting:

Hello!

After my first failed attempt last year I was finally accepted into my dreamt University. I'll be coming along with my wonderful son -no idea how the student/single-parent life will work out, but we'll manage.

I will be more than grateful for tips, advice, good vibes, prayers or a friendly smile...

Mariana RMay 11, 2017 @ 13:01
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 846 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Tica and kiddo coming to Geneva
Post 1

If you are from Costa Rica, you will find it somewhat difficult with the change of lifestyle from your home country to Geneva, especially with regard to finding accommodation and battling with the high cost of living. But you seem to have a positive attitude, so perhaps some more information on what you will be doing to give us some idea how best to help?

If you are from Costa Rica, you will find it somewhat difficult with the change of lifestyle from your home country to Geneva, especially with regard to finding accommodation and battling with the high cost of living. But you seem to have a positive attitude, so perhaps some more information on what you will be doing to give us some idea how best to help?

sheila c, May 17, 2017 @ 16:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

If you’ve already spent eight years as a career diplomat, you will surely find your way around Geneva pretty quickly.  Fellow students will help of course and so will the activities and ideas posted by members of the glocals community.  For housing offers, check the Classifieds every day and post an ad. of your own.  The “Groups” and “Things to do” tabs will give you leads for leisure and sports opportunities, and the University’s own site will also provide further suggestions and pointers.

True, you may find some of the Genevans rather reserved at first but there are plenty of expats around who will be happy to share their solutions to this facet of Swiss life.

As Sheila commented, you sound a very positive person so it shouldn’t take you too long before you’ll be taking any local idiosyncrasies into your stride.

Best wishes, R.

If you’ve already spent eight years as a career diplomat, you will surely find your way around Geneva pretty quickly.  Fellow students will help of course and so will the activities and ideas posted by members of the glocals community.  For housing offers, check the Classifieds every day and post an ad. of your own.  The “Groups” and “Things to do” tabs will give you leads for leisure and sports opportunities, and the University’s own site will also provide further suggestions and pointers.

True, you may find some of the Genevans rather reserved at first but there are plenty of expats around who will be happy to share their solutions to this facet of Swiss life.

As Sheila commented, you sound a very positive person so it shouldn’t take you too long before you’ll be taking any local idiosyncrasies into your stride.

Best wishes, R.

Ritchie, May 17, 2017 @ 22:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi!

Went to Geneva a couple of years ago and believe it or not, it wasn't that expensive compared to CR... Although then I was working... with a student's budget, we'll see :)

Thanks a lot for reaching out!

Hi!

Went to Geneva a couple of years ago and believe it or not, it wasn't that expensive compared to CR... Although then I was working... with a student's budget, we'll see :)

Thanks a lot for reaching out!

Mariana R, May 19, 2017 @ 12:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Best wishes, R.

May 17, 17 22:27

Thank you so much Ritchie!

That is very kind of you... Besides from finding housing, what would you say would be the most difficult about adjusting to Geneva?

Warm regards,

Mariana.

Thank you so much Ritchie!

That is very kind of you... Besides from finding housing, what would you say would be the most difficult about adjusting to Geneva?

Warm regards,

Mariana.

Mariana R, May 19, 2017 @ 12:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 846 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form