Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > WHO Intern in June

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
WHO Intern in June

Hi! I will be moving to Geneva in June for a few months and volunteering for WHO. I have never been to Switzerland but I do speak French. My priority right now is finding somewhere to live! If anyone reads this and has any suggestions, please send them my way. I am in Turkey right now so my access to internet is sporadic.

Thanks! Really looking forward to spending a few months in Geneva.

Lisa

The text you are quoting:

Hi! I will be moving to Geneva in June for a few months and volunteering for WHO. I have never been to Switzerland but I do speak French. My priority right now is finding somewhere to live! If anyone reads this and has any suggestions, please send them my way. I am in Turkey right now so my access to internet is sporadic.

Thanks! Really looking forward to spending a few months in Geneva.

Lisa

Lisa DMay 2, 2015 @ 17:07
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1076 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: WHO Intern in June
Post 1

Welcome to glocals and soon to Geneva! This is a great site for finding things to do and making friends.

For accommodation, I suggest that you click on the Classifieds tab where you will find offers under “Housing available”.  You can also place an ad. of your own under “Housing wanted”.

Good luck!

R.

Welcome to glocals and soon to Geneva! This is a great site for finding things to do and making friends.

For accommodation, I suggest that you click on the Classifieds tab where you will find offers under “Housing available”.  You can also place an ad. of your own under “Housing wanted”.

Good luck!

R.

Ritchie, May 2, 2015 @ 17:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

The real estate market is real tight in Geneva: not much supply and lots of demand. So it means the prices are high, and you have a to wait a while before you find a place. Just to manage expectations. 

The real estate market is real tight in Geneva: not much supply and lots of demand. So it means the prices are high, and you have a to wait a while before you find a place. Just to manage expectations. 

Nir Ofek, May 2, 2015 @ 19:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hello Lisa. This is Jose Luis. I´m in your same situation, but I will be moving on August to September. If you or me find something, please tell us (I´m very crazy with this matter). I´m very excited to be for the first time in Geneve, and in spite of my little free time on WHO, I would like to enjoy and learn in such a lovely place.

Thanks.

Hello Lisa. This is Jose Luis. I´m in your same situation, but I will be moving on August to September. If you or me find something, please tell us (I´m very crazy with this matter). I´m very excited to be for the first time in Geneve, and in spite of my little free time on WHO, I would like to enjoy and learn in such a lovely place.

Thanks.

jose luis carretero, May 6, 2015 @ 12:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Dear Lisa,

Please contact [email protected] ,She will help you out in finding the place.

Mahak

Dear Lisa,

Please contact [email protected] ,She will help you out in finding the place.

Mahak

mahak b, May 18, 2015 @ 23:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Try spamming emails to the various Foyers in Geneva! They cater to students and interns, so rent is much much cheaper than market value. You might just get lucky and find a room available! No harm in trying. Good luck good luck! :)

Try spamming emails to the various Foyers in Geneva! They cater to students and interns, so rent is much much cheaper than market value. You might just get lucky and find a room available! No harm in trying. Good luck good luck! :)

Alice M, May 19, 2015 @ 03:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

HI Lisa

Have you found a place (I'm guessing you did since it's end of July almost!). I'll also be interning at the WHO - would love to catch up when I'm there (mid August).  I, too, am having trouble finding accommodation! :( 

HI Lisa

Have you found a place (I'm guessing you did since it's end of July almost!). I'll also be interning at the WHO - would love to catch up when I'm there (mid August).  I, too, am having trouble finding accommodation! :( 

Mimi A, Jul 23, 2015 @ 13:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1076 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form