Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > friendly South African-Daschund Loving-Tequila Drinking Girl coming to town...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
friendly South African-Daschund Loving-Tequila Drinking Girl coming to town...
Bonjour tout le monde or Howsit everybody as we say in sunny SA ,

Arriving July/Aug in this beautiful country and sooo excited , especially since discovering this website full of interesting , friendly peeps :)

Looking to meet some slightly mad , young  , old , decrepid , bouncy people...anybody who knows how to have a laugh (and the occasional homesick cry) is encouraged to make contact !

I am on the hunt for some fellow cocktail-sipping/tequila-downing/dance-till-the-birds-sing party animals , adventurers wanting to see some of europe over long weekends  , slightly out of shape but so wanting to get back in a decent shape exercising fanatics/dancers , shoppers in need of an all too qualified partner in crime (and accomplished bargain finder although i gather CH will be a challenge) , nature appreciating view absorbing outdoors people and anyone else that may induce laughter and brain exercising with debatable but interesting topics is welcome to my little world .

I really do love meeting new people and i am so new to europe and living away from home so some good friendships would be a hugemongous plus and make the experience all the more satisfying . I just think it will be a whole lot more exciting seeing snow for the first time when i actually have someone to gush to about it and then someone else to tell me to stop indulging my inner child with snow angels and come back inside before catching pneumonia .

Oh and i'm also hoping to start some Pilates classes (been a one-on-one instructor for past two years now and was previously pro ballet dancer) so if anyone is interested let me know . 

I'm not always so loopy , there is a sensible side to me  , i promise :)

Caitlin aka Cat  :D

ps. if anyone has a Daschie please get in touch!! going to miss mine horribly!

The text you are quoting:
Bonjour tout le monde or Howsit everybody as we say in sunny SA ,

Arriving July/Aug in this beautiful country and sooo excited , especially since discovering this website full of interesting , friendly peeps :)

Looking to meet some slightly mad , young  , old , decrepid , bouncy people...anybody who knows how to have a laugh (and the occasional homesick cry) is encouraged to make contact !

I am on the hunt for some fellow cocktail-sipping/tequila-downing/dance-till-the-birds-sing party animals , adventurers wanting to see some of europe over long weekends  , slightly out of shape but so wanting to get back in a decent shape exercising fanatics/dancers , shoppers in need of an all too qualified partner in crime (and accomplished bargain finder although i gather CH will be a challenge) , nature appreciating view absorbing outdoors people and anyone else that may induce laughter and brain exercising with debatable but interesting topics is welcome to my little world .

I really do love meeting new people and i am so new to europe and living away from home so some good friendships would be a hugemongous plus and make the experience all the more satisfying . I just think it will be a whole lot more exciting seeing snow for the first time when i actually have someone to gush to about it and then someone else to tell me to stop indulging my inner child with snow angels and come back inside before catching pneumonia .

Oh and i'm also hoping to start some Pilates classes (been a one-on-one instructor for past two years now and was previously pro ballet dancer) so if anyone is interested let me know . 

I'm not always so loopy , there is a sensible side to me  , i promise :)

Caitlin aka Cat  :D

ps. if anyone has a Daschie please get in touch!! going to miss mine horribly!
CatALiNa6Apr 16, 2009 @ 14:27

Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 1561 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: friendly South African-Daschund Loving-Tequila Drinking Girl coming to town...
Post 1
Hey Cat,

You've found the right site to join as your first order of priority in arriving to Switzerland. Now you just have to join or create one yourself and you'll have no shortage of people to enjoy the lovely sites of Switzerland!  til then, enjoy the wild wild sithafrica :)

Hey Cat,

You've found the right site to join as your first order of priority in arriving to Switzerland. Now you just have to join or create one yourself and you'll have no shortage of people to enjoy the lovely sites of Switzerland!  til then, enjoy the wild wild sithafrica :)
YouMeCo, Apr 17, 2009 @ 18:29

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: friendly South African-Daschund Loving-Tequila Drinking Girl coming to town...
Post 2
What about you do consulting for Glocal? glocal Consultant ? from NY ?

For advice you can work remotely , no need to be here, :-)

NB : Who is taking care of the birthday party now ?

[quote]Hi y'all. It's been almost 2 weeks since I arrived back in NY, and I know Glocals is still a Geneva-Lausanne-Zurich-Basel/Bern based site, but was hoping to connect with folks on Glocals who are back in the NY area, or have friends who recently moved from Switzerland to NY. Would be great to get my NY-Glocals network going :P Plus I'd love to continue practicing my French for when I return back to Switzerland one day.

Luckily my veryfirst Glocals connection is currently working at the NY UN mission, so I've my best friend out here :)

If anyone is planning to come visit NYC, feel free to drop me a line as well. I'm slowly rediscovering the names of the new skyscrapers and cool places out hang out. So I'd be happy to meetup for drinks.

YouMeCo[/quote]
What about you do consulting for Glocal? glocal Consultant ? from NY ?

For advice you can work remotely , no need to be here, :-)

NB : Who is taking care of the birthday party now ?

[quote]Hi y'all. It's been almost 2 weeks since I arrived back in NY, and I know Glocals is still a Geneva-Lausanne-Zurich-Basel/Bern based site, but was hoping to connect with folks on Glocals who are back in the NY area, or have friends who recently moved from Switzerland to NY. Would be great to get my NY-Glocals network going :P Plus I'd love to continue practicing my French for when I return back to Switzerland one day.

Luckily my veryfirst Glocals connection is currently working at the NY UN mission, so I've my best friend out here :)

If anyone is planning to come visit NYC, feel free to drop me a line as well. I'm slowly rediscovering the names of the new skyscrapers and cool places out hang out. So I'd be happy to meetup for drinks.

YouMeCo[/quote]
PatrickN, Apr 18, 2009 @ 23:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
don't worry , after one month you will know the entire Geneva, will travel the entire planet in one night and will be on your way to a hiking trip with people you just met 2 hours ago..

[quote]Bonjour tout le monde or Howsit everybody as we say in sunny SA ,

Looking to meet some slightly mad , young , old , decrepid , bouncy people...anybody who knows how to have a laugh (and the occasional homesickcry)is encouraged to make contact !

I am on the hunt for some fellow cocktail-sipping/tequila-downing/dance-till-the-birds-singparty animals , adventurers wanting to see some ofeurope over longweekends , slightly out of shape but so wanting to get back in a decent shape exercising fanatics/dancers , shoppers in need of an all too qualified partner in crime(and accomplished bargain finder although i gather CH will be a challenge) , nature appreciating view absorbing outdoors people and anyone else that may induce laughter and brain exercising with debatable but interesting topics is welcome to my little world .

Oh and i'm also hoping to start some Pilates classes (been a one-on-oneinstructor for past two years now and was previously pro ballet dancer) so if anyone is interested let me know .

I'm not always so loopy , there is a sensible side to me , i promise :)

Caitlin aka Cat :D

ps. if anyone has a Daschie please get in touch!! going to miss mine horribly![/quote]
don't worry , after one month you will know the entire Geneva, will travel the entire planet in one night and will be on your way to a hiking trip with people you just met 2 hours ago..

[quote]Bonjour tout le monde or Howsit everybody as we say in sunny SA ,

Looking to meet some slightly mad , young , old , decrepid , bouncy people...anybody who knows how to have a laugh (and the occasional homesickcry)is encouraged to make contact !

I am on the hunt for some fellow cocktail-sipping/tequila-downing/dance-till-the-birds-singparty animals , adventurers wanting to see some ofeurope over longweekends , slightly out of shape but so wanting to get back in a decent shape exercising fanatics/dancers , shoppers in need of an all too qualified partner in crime(and accomplished bargain finder although i gather CH will be a challenge) , nature appreciating view absorbing outdoors people and anyone else that may induce laughter and brain exercising with debatable but interesting topics is welcome to my little world .

Oh and i'm also hoping to start some Pilates classes (been a one-on-oneinstructor for past two years now and was previously pro ballet dancer) so if anyone is interested let me know .

I'm not always so loopy , there is a sensible side to me , i promise :)

Caitlin aka Cat :D

ps. if anyone has a Daschie please get in touch!! going to miss mine horribly![/quote]
PatrickN, Apr 19, 2009 @ 00:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
PattyN, JackieChen and his group of friends will be taking over the birthday parties in their own unique way :)

As for consulting from NY, yes will start this as soon as I take a break from blissfully doing 'nothing' for awhile :)

PattyN, JackieChen and his group of friends will be taking over the birthday parties in their own unique way :)

As for consulting from NY, yes will start this as soon as I take a break from blissfully doing 'nothing' for awhile :)
YouMeCo, Apr 19, 2009 @ 00:39

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Thanks for the warm welcome you guys :)

shame you wont be around youmeco! maybe a visit to geneva?

Thanks for the warm welcome you guys :)

shame you wont be around youmeco! maybe a visit to geneva?
CatALiNa6, Apr 19, 2009 @ 10:54

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
Howzit!  We will welcome you with a lekker braai!

Howzit!  We will welcome you with a lekker braai!

Luli, Apr 20, 2009 @ 23:29

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
yay! that will be fabulous...nothing like a braai to make u feel at home :) looking forward to comng over even more now !
yay! that will be fabulous...nothing like a braai to make u feel at home :) looking forward to comng over even more now !
CatALiNa6, Apr 23, 2009 @ 14:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

In case you are looking for a nice tequila have look at www.mezcal.ch ;.)

In case you are looking for a nice tequila have look at www.mezcal.ch ;.)

Piero Mondada, Dec 8, 2009 @ 18:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 1561 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form