Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > new to geneva,seeking for language partner

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
new to geneva,seeking for language partner

Bonjour, i came to geneva two moths ago and will stay here years for work. Leaving family and friends below in China and starting a new life here is tough, let alone my poor french. If there is someone interested in language exchange, let me know.Smile

The text you are quoting:

Bonjour, i came to geneva two moths ago and will stay here years for work. Leaving family and friends below in China and starting a new life here is tough, let alone my poor french. If there is someone interested in language exchange, let me know.Smile

sylvia yJul 26, 2010 @ 10:49
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 639 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: new to geneva,seeking for language partner
Post 1

Hello Sylvia,

welcome to the wonderful world of glocals! :-) This is probably the best way to meet a lot of nice people who understand what it means to go to another country.

If you want to work on your French, you can attend the English-French language exchange that is happening every Saturday in the Maison des Arts de Grütli (Plainpalais).

And then just join a few activities (or post your own) and you will feel quickly feel less lost. Trust me. :-)))

Hello Sylvia,

welcome to the wonderful world of glocals! :-) This is probably the best way to meet a lot of nice people who understand what it means to go to another country.

If you want to work on your French, you can attend the English-French language exchange that is happening every Saturday in the Maison des Arts de Grütli (Plainpalais).

And then just join a few activities (or post your own) and you will feel quickly feel less lost. Trust me. :-)))

just_me, Jul 26, 2010 @ 11:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Sylvia,

I understand your feeling being alone as a "foreigner" here. But it is nice to accumulate rich experiences when one flies alone far from home country. China is also my hometown, but you believe it or not, "Sweeter land" could also be a “home-home-sweet-home".

Enjoy your stay, it is not a bad place to live in !

Hi Sylvia,

I understand your feeling being alone as a "foreigner" here. But it is nice to accumulate rich experiences when one flies alone far from home country. China is also my hometown, but you believe it or not, "Sweeter land" could also be a “home-home-sweet-home".

Enjoy your stay, it is not a bad place to live in !

Jimmy123, Jul 26, 2010 @ 15:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

xiexieni jimmy. i like switzerland, too. hope life will get better here

xiexieni jimmy. i like switzerland, too. hope life will get better here

sylvia y, Jul 26, 2010 @ 15:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

What time is the language exchange on Saturday?  I look forward to attending!     

What time is the language exchange on Saturday?  I look forward to attending!     

Sarah Houghton, Jul 26, 2010 @ 15:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi,

The language exchange on Saturday at 4:30PM (http://www.glocals.com/things-to-do/geneva/28750.htm)

Hi,

The language exchange on Saturday at 4:30PM (http://www.glocals.com/things-to-do/geneva/28750.htm)

Vincent C, Jul 26, 2010 @ 15:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 639 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form