Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > new to glocals and Lausanne

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
new to glocals and Lausanne

Hi,

Been here about a month now, still in culture shock! Just started work at EPFL as a researcher. Came here from LA - I'm British but had left for the States. it's all about the job, which was too good to refuse, I still love California. I do philosophy of science and technology but can talk to humans as well!!

Looking to have some kind of social life while here. I also love sailing - I race mostly - so would be keen to get into that.

Anything good going on in Lausanne? My biggest problem right now is finding somewhere to live ...

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

Been here about a month now, still in culture shock! Just started work at EPFL as a researcher. Came here from LA - I'm British but had left for the States. it's all about the job, which was too good to refuse, I still love California. I do philosophy of science and technology but can talk to humans as well!!

Looking to have some kind of social life while here. I also love sailing - I race mostly - so would be keen to get into that.

Anything good going on in Lausanne? My biggest problem right now is finding somewhere to live ...

Kate FJan 11, 2011 @ 09:13
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 676 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: new to glocals and Lausanne
Post 1

"philosophy of science and technology"

No disassemble Johnny 5!  (just couldn't resist)

"philosophy of science and technology"

No disassemble Johnny 5!  (just couldn't resist)

richardm, Jan 11, 2011 @ 10:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hahaha - great movie! I wonder what happened to Ally Sheedy ...

Hahaha - great movie! I wonder what happened to Ally Sheedy ...

Kate F, Jan 11, 2011 @ 10:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi,

Jan 11, 11 09:13

Hi Kate!

Welcome to Lausanne and EPFL. I am sure that In few months you will feel comfortable with your new environment! I am also a postdoc at EPFL (at ENAC) and I found it very easy to adapt to my new work place when I moved here from Montreal in March 2010.

Good luck with your search for an apartment! Although it is said to be a tough task, but if you do your homework well, you will get somewhat (if not exactly) what you want! 

Hi Kate!

Welcome to Lausanne and EPFL. I am sure that In few months you will feel comfortable with your new environment! I am also a postdoc at EPFL (at ENAC) and I found it very easy to adapt to my new work place when I moved here from Montreal in March 2010.

Good luck with your search for an apartment! Although it is said to be a tough task, but if you do your homework well, you will get somewhat (if not exactly) what you want! 

Amin K, Jan 17, 2011 @ 15:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 676 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form