Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Site improvement ideas & Bug reports > Ability to link directly to a classified post

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Ability to link directly to a classified post

Maybe I'm a numpty, but when I post something on the classiefieds and want to link to it from another site (like facebook for example) I do not get a "unique" link for my post. This means that even if I post the URL for the classifieds, my friends need to "hunt" for the post I'm referencing.

An idea would be to include the unique id for each post in the URL so we can link to it directly.

The text you are quoting:

Maybe I'm a numpty, but when I post something on the classiefieds and want to link to it from another site (like facebook for example) I do not get a "unique" link for my post. This means that even if I post the URL for the classifieds, my friends need to "hunt" for the post I'm referencing.

An idea would be to include the unique id for each post in the URL so we can link to it directly.

Jacobus CMar 4, 2015 @ 17:28
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1607 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Ability to link directly to a classified post
Post 1

It is actually possible with a bit of digging.

First you need the id of your post. Right click on the link to your ad, select copy link address. Paste it somewhere so you can read it. It will look something like javascript:details(88794). In this case the id is 88794

Then depending on where your ad is, for example in goods for sale, the direct link is
http://www.glocals.com/classifieds/geneva/goods-for-sale/88794.htm

The text you are quoting:

It is actually possible with a bit of digging.

First you need the id of your post. Right click on the link to your ad, select copy link address. Paste it somewhere so you can read it. It will look something like javascript:details(88794). In this case the id is 88794

Then depending on where your ad is, for example in goods for sale, the direct link is
http://www.glocals.com/classifieds/geneva/goods-for-sale/88794.htm

Ali Baba, Mar 4, 2015 @ 18:03
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 1607 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form