Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Site improvement ideas & Bug reports > Event image lost when date is changed

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Event image lost when date is changed

Hey guys,

I sometimes post events that run for several days, like the run of a play. (Naturally they are entered as Event Announcements and not Member Activities.) I write the date range in the title (e.g. March 1-5) but of course an event on Glocals can only be one day long. So I first post the event date as March 1, and then every day, I change the event time to the next day.

I learned early on that if I managed to remember to change the event time before its start time (e.g. 6pm on 1 March for an 8pm event), then the event is updated, no problem. But if I change the event after its start time, then I lose the event image (everything else is preserved).

Definitely a bug, although not a major one. I can see why it hasn't really come up before. Curious to see if anyone else has had this, however. Important to note that event image is not lost in duplicated events, only in events where the date is changed after the entered time.

Of course the best solution would be the option for multi-day events, but given the nature of Glocals events I can see, too, why that is unlikely to be useful most of the time.

The text you are quoting:

Hey guys,

I sometimes post events that run for several days, like the run of a play. (Naturally they are entered as Event Announcements and not Member Activities.) I write the date range in the title (e.g. March 1-5) but of course an event on Glocals can only be one day long. So I first post the event date as March 1, and then every day, I change the event time to the next day.

I learned early on that if I managed to remember to change the event time before its start time (e.g. 6pm on 1 March for an 8pm event), then the event is updated, no problem. But if I change the event after its start time, then I lose the event image (everything else is preserved).

Definitely a bug, although not a major one. I can see why it hasn't really come up before. Curious to see if anyone else has had this, however. Important to note that event image is not lost in duplicated events, only in events where the date is changed after the entered time.

Of course the best solution would be the option for multi-day events, but given the nature of Glocals events I can see, too, why that is unlikely to be useful most of the time.

Viki LMar 3, 2016 @ 17:55
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1758 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Event image lost when date is changed
Post 1

I have noticed the same when I duplicate events that I have to re-upload the image. That could be a bug. Sometimes it works in my favour since I want to change the image anyway. It will also be good to be able to select multiple dates. I don't think this is a bug. An enhancement to the design will be required.

The text you are quoting:

I have noticed the same when I duplicate events that I have to re-upload the image. That could be a bug. Sometimes it works in my favour since I want to change the image anyway. It will also be good to be able to select multiple dates. I don't think this is a bug. An enhancement to the design will be required.

Janet G, Mar 4, 2016 @ 13:23
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 1758 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form