Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Site improvement ideas & Bug reports > Problem accessing glocals having closed it once.. cookies?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Problem accessing glocals having closed it once.. cookies?

I have a consistent problem with the glocals website for the last few days, maybe since you changed servers.  I'm using firefox on a mac in case that's relevant.  Basically, if i access the site and log in, and then at a point later close that tab down down, if I later try to reaccess glocals then the website just displays a blank screen.  It appears to connect but the only thing visible is the "friends online" tab at the bottom of the screen which is otherwise blank. Indeed it shows if i have any friends online so it's as if I'm half logged in.  The problem is repeatable and occurs every time I close the glocals tab on firefox and then later try to open the website on a new tab.  The only way to clear the problem is to restart firefox, and then glocals opens without trouble. 

The text you are quoting:

I have a consistent problem with the glocals website for the last few days, maybe since you changed servers.  I'm using firefox on a mac in case that's relevant.  Basically, if i access the site and log in, and then at a point later close that tab down down, if I later try to reaccess glocals then the website just displays a blank screen.  It appears to connect but the only thing visible is the "friends online" tab at the bottom of the screen which is otherwise blank. Indeed it shows if i have any friends online so it's as if I'm half logged in.  The problem is repeatable and occurs every time I close the glocals tab on firefox and then later try to open the website on a new tab.  The only way to clear the problem is to restart firefox, and then glocals opens without trouble. 

hucklewooApr 2, 2015 @ 20:00
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1742 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Problem accessing glocals having closed it once.. cookies?
Post 1

Hi Huck,

Are you still experiencing this problem?

If yes - does it only happen on FF or on other browsers too?

Thanks

Oded

Hi Huck,

Are you still experiencing this problem?

If yes - does it only happen on FF or on other browsers too?

Thanks

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Apr 7, 2015 @ 11:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Yes, its still the same.  I've tested it on firefox and google chrome on mac os x 10.10 and it's a consistent problem. Open up a tab with glocals, log in, open a second tab on the browser and go to any website, close the glocals tab  without logging out, then go back the remaining open briowser tab or a new tab and try to access glocals.  I end up with a grey page but with the friends logged in blue tab at the bottom.  Currently it shows i have two friends online so clearly it is recognising I'm logged in but the page isnt opening fully.  Hope that helps!

Yes, its still the same.  I've tested it on firefox and google chrome on mac os x 10.10 and it's a consistent problem. Open up a tab with glocals, log in, open a second tab on the browser and go to any website, close the glocals tab  without logging out, then go back the remaining open briowser tab or a new tab and try to access glocals.  I end up with a grey page but with the friends logged in blue tab at the bottom.  Currently it shows i have two friends online so clearly it is recognising I'm logged in but the page isnt opening fully.  Hope that helps!

hucklewoo, Apr 7, 2015 @ 13:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thanks Hucklewoo - very helpful and I was now able to reproduce this error on IE.

I'll have the techies look into it urgently.

Thanks again,

Oded

Thanks Hucklewoo - very helpful and I was now able to reproduce this error on IE.

I'll have the techies look into it urgently.

Thanks again,

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Apr 7, 2015 @ 13:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

This happened to me as well last evening. Am using Safari.

This happened to me as well last evening. Am using Safari.

TogJay, Apr 7, 2015 @ 13:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi guys,

The issue with accesing glocals after closing the browser window should now be solved.

Please let me know if you encounter this issue again.

Thanks

Oded

Hi guys,

The issue with accesing glocals after closing the browser window should now be solved.

Please let me know if you encounter this issue again.

Thanks

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Apr 14, 2015 @ 15:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1742 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form