Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Time for a major reboot

The current version of Glocas has been the same for years, and feels terribly outdated and not mobile-friendly at all. I know that a huge amount of work and effort is put on by volunteers, for which I am extremely thankful, but if Glocas wants to remain relevant I would strongly suggest a major do-over. 

The text you are quoting:

The current version of Glocas has been the same for years, and feels terribly outdated and not mobile-friendly at all. I know that a huge amount of work and effort is put on by volunteers, for which I am extremely thankful, but if Glocas wants to remain relevant I would strongly suggest a major do-over. 

b_karmaMar 28, 2016 @ 11:20
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 2699 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Time for a major reboot
Post 1

Mar 28, 16 11:20

Well...

It depends on what you´re looking for, maybe...
What are you using this site for in particular? What is missing?
I´ve been enjoying this site for about 4 years now and it´s always met my expectations, always helped and supported my needs and actions and I´ve been grateful that I found this site from almost a very beginning of my stay here in Switzerland. Thanks to this site I´ve lived great moments, met awesome people, some of them have become very important friends in my life, we had (and still have) a blast at plenty of hikes, we lived many new sport or outdoor experience, social events or evenings, I found plenty of useful and supportive information via various forums there, you name it...
Regarding the other features that Glocals site has to offer and that I also use often I seriously have nothing to complain about.
It may happen that you´re simply using a wrong site for what you really need or look for, that´s all!
Indulge yourself in your creativity and throw us a better quality site than Glocals is!

Well...

It depends on what you´re looking for, maybe...
What are you using this site for in particular? What is missing?
I´ve been enjoying this site for about 4 years now and it´s always met my expectations, always helped and supported my needs and actions and I´ve been grateful that I found this site from almost a very beginning of my stay here in Switzerland. Thanks to this site I´ve lived great moments, met awesome people, some of them have become very important friends in my life, we had (and still have) a blast at plenty of hikes, we lived many new sport or outdoor experience, social events or evenings, I found plenty of useful and supportive information via various forums there, you name it...
Regarding the other features that Glocals site has to offer and that I also use often I seriously have nothing to complain about.
It may happen that you´re simply using a wrong site for what you really need or look for, that´s all!
Indulge yourself in your creativity and throw us a better quality site than Glocals is!
Lucie S, Mar 28, 2016 @ 19:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

As far as I'm concerned, Glocals is clear, user-friendly and VERY relevant. It seems sometimes people take things like this website for granted and forget how helpful/entertaining/informative it has been/and is for so many of us (and let's not forget its free, too). 

In the past I have looked into other sites, but only briefly, because Glocals has all I need in a format that I like. Don't change something good just because someone feels "its time for a change."

As far as I'm concerned, Glocals is clear, user-friendly and VERY relevant. It seems sometimes people take things like this website for granted and forget how helpful/entertaining/informative it has been/and is for so many of us (and let's not forget its free, too). 

In the past I have looked into other sites, but only briefly, because Glocals has all I need in a format that I like. Don't change something good just because someone feels "its time for a change."

Wolfgang S, Mar 29, 2016 @ 00:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Seriously guys, I would not mind the site to be refreshed a bit and become more mobile-friendly. And I am sure the Glocals team has thought about it too. Nothing wrong in sharing the idea which I do find relevant.

Seriously guys, I would not mind the site to be refreshed a bit and become more mobile-friendly. And I am sure the Glocals team has thought about it too. Nothing wrong in sharing the idea which I do find relevant.

kruljungli, Mar 29, 2016 @ 00:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

hi there,

i have been on Glocals since 2006  and so far there is no competetion , neither there is another  better source of information in english that was ever created. Many other sites came and disappeared but Glocals is on Marathon. Uptodate website for me in 2016 :-)

hi there,

i have been on Glocals since 2006  and so far there is no competetion , neither there is another  better source of information in english that was ever created. Many other sites came and disappeared but Glocals is on Marathon. Uptodate website for me in 2016 :-)

Chap, Mar 29, 2016 @ 07:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

I don't know about a reboot but as I mentioned in a new thread, there are too many memebrs/groups which are inactive, people who have left the area probably and after several months /years of inactivity, admins and members should be removed, please!

I don't know about a reboot but as I mentioned in a new thread, there are too many memebrs/groups which are inactive, people who have left the area probably and after several months /years of inactivity, admins and members should be removed, please!

Karen M, Aug 9, 2017 @ 18:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Keep it the same... Simple and easy to use. 

Keep it the same... Simple and easy to use. 

William M, Aug 9, 2017 @ 19:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

For everyone who says "Keep it the same" and "up-to-date for me" and so on... please, try using the site on your smartphone. It's *not* up-to-date in that respect.

I love Glocals. I'm one of its biggest supporters and I'm constantly telling people to join glocals if they don't know about it already. I organize activities. My daily use has gone down in recent years, but I still use it a lot.

Which is why for about 5+ years, I've been offering - volunteer or paid - to work on the site. To work on an iOS app for Glocals. To work on making it "responsive" (so that it works well on all devices: computers, smart phones, tablets, etc.).

The original poster is not wrong. And it's remarkable that the admins have not commented on this post in the 18 months since he posted.

Guys, I'm still very eager to help with the site. Give me a call. 

For everyone who says "Keep it the same" and "up-to-date for me" and so on... please, try using the site on your smartphone. It's *not* up-to-date in that respect.

I love Glocals. I'm one of its biggest supporters and I'm constantly telling people to join glocals if they don't know about it already. I organize activities. My daily use has gone down in recent years, but I still use it a lot.

Which is why for about 5+ years, I've been offering - volunteer or paid - to work on the site. To work on an iOS app for Glocals. To work on making it "responsive" (so that it works well on all devices: computers, smart phones, tablets, etc.).

The original poster is not wrong. And it's remarkable that the admins have not commented on this post in the 18 months since he posted.

Guys, I'm still very eager to help with the site. Give me a call. 

Zonker, Sep 20, 2017 @ 17:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 2699 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form