Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > News from the Site Admin > Best place for New Year's Eve in Switzerland

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Best place for New Year's Eve in Switzerland

I was planning to celebrate New Year's eve in London (yes, you have to start early if you want to find good hotel rooms), but I just found out that my daughter is too young to be admitted in the ticketed area.

So, I need a plan B. It is not hard to find the (few) places where there are substantial celebrations in public places in Geneva, but what is harder is to find out which is best, specially with an 8 year old child.

Any suggestions?

The text you are quoting:

I was planning to celebrate New Year's eve in London (yes, you have to start early if you want to find good hotel rooms), but I just found out that my daughter is too young to be admitted in the ticketed area.

So, I need a plan B. It is not hard to find the (few) places where there are substantial celebrations in public places in Geneva, but what is harder is to find out which is best, specially with an 8 year old child.

Any suggestions?

JR MOct 22, 2017 @ 15:40
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 8312 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Best place for New Year's Eve in Switzerland
Post 1

It's kind of quiet in Geneva ... the summer festivals are where the big crowds are. Personally I'd try elsewhere ... Paris is pretty close on the train.

It's kind of quiet in Geneva ... the summer festivals are where the big crowds are. Personally I'd try elsewhere ... Paris is pretty close on the train.

Sean C, Nov 15, 2017 @ 23:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Check out Edinburgh! I spent last New Years at their Hogmanay festival, which is multiple days and probably includes child-friendly options. 

https://www.edinburghshogmanay.com/

Check out Edinburgh! I spent last New Years at their Hogmanay festival, which is multiple days and probably includes child-friendly options. 

Riley Barrett, Nov 2, 2018 @ 19:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Nov 2, 18 19:35

I guess (and hope) JR M found something for the  New Year of 2018 but maybe he’s now looking for ideas for the upcoming festivity.

Edinburgh is indeed a very good suggestion but early booking is essential.

Personally, I’d go to Paris.

R.

I guess (and hope) JR M found something for the  New Year of 2018 but maybe he’s now looking for ideas for the upcoming festivity.

Edinburgh is indeed a very good suggestion but early booking is essential.

Personally, I’d go to Paris.

R.

Ritchie, Nov 2, 2018 @ 20:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 8312 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form