Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Politics & Current Affairs > FRONTALIERS: Impact of February 9th immigration quotas vote?- Feedback wanted for a student's University dissertation.

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
FRONTALIERS: Impact of February 9th immigration quotas vote?- Feedback wanted for a student's University dissertation.

Hi all, 

My name is Lily White and I'm student studying at the University of Edinburgh having grown up in the Geneva region of France. 

I'm currently carrying out research for my dissertation on the effect of the February 9th immigartion vote in Switzerland which will inevitably impact not only on foreigners working in the Geneva region but also those living in neighbouring France commuting daily. 

I'm interested in how the introduction of immigration quotas will affect in particular frontaliers- their work and family life. 

If you  are a frontalier what impact will the vote have on your;  work security in Switzerland? Employmemt opportunities? Equal treatment of non-Swiss workers?  Perceived acceptance and integration into the Swiss workforce following an 'anti-immigration' movement? 

There is still much uncertainty surrounding the implication of these quotas for the future of Switzerland within the EU- what challenges do you forsee? 

Many thanks for any contributions to my research- it really is appreciated. (Desperate student here..approaching deadline!) 

Please send your comments/input along with your country of origin and nature of work to: [email protected] Or comment below.

All feedback will be used anonymously. 

Best Regards, Lily

The text you are quoting:

Hi all, 

My name is Lily White and I'm student studying at the University of Edinburgh having grown up in the Geneva region of France. 

I'm currently carrying out research for my dissertation on the effect of the February 9th immigartion vote in Switzerland which will inevitably impact not only on foreigners working in the Geneva region but also those living in neighbouring France commuting daily. 

I'm interested in how the introduction of immigration quotas will affect in particular frontaliers- their work and family life. 

If you  are a frontalier what impact will the vote have on your;  work security in Switzerland? Employmemt opportunities? Equal treatment of non-Swiss workers?  Perceived acceptance and integration into the Swiss workforce following an 'anti-immigration' movement? 

There is still much uncertainty surrounding the implication of these quotas for the future of Switzerland within the EU- what challenges do you forsee? 

Many thanks for any contributions to my research- it really is appreciated. (Desperate student here..approaching deadline!) 

Please send your comments/input along with your country of origin and nature of work to: [email protected] Or comment below.

All feedback will be used anonymously. 

Best Regards, Lily

Lily WAug 27, 2014 @ 12:46
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 1571 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 1571 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form