Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hooray for Trump

A British comedian tonight pointed out that,if Trump's election represents an insult to women,Muslims,gay people,and many others,it still represents a progressive step in that the US has given power to someone who is obviously crazy.A step forward in the normalisation of mental disorders?

The text you are quoting:

A British comedian tonight pointed out that,if Trump's election represents an insult to women,Muslims,gay people,and many others,it still represents a progressive step in that the US has given power to someone who is obviously crazy.A step forward in the normalisation of mental disorders?

buzzcocksNov 11, 2016 @ 22:14
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

25 Replies | 3336 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hooray for Trump
Post 1

Eee seemz to be doin well out ov iz mental disorder. I ain't. Wots iz secret?

Eee seemz to be doin well out ov iz mental disorder. I ain't. Wots iz secret?

Jimmy F, Nov 16, 2016 @ 22:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

.........lots of people who are crazy who voted for him and....a shit load of money for his campaign?

.........lots of people who are crazy who voted for him and....a shit load of money for his campaign?

buzzcocks, Nov 16, 2016 @ 23:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Funny how quiet people have been on this forum page about Mr T.A bit eerie.....like there is a secret underground swell of Trump supporters here lying low.Hipe this is not the case!

Funny how quiet people have been on this forum page about Mr T.A bit eerie.....like there is a secret underground swell of Trump supporters here lying low.Hipe this is not the case!

buzzcocks, Nov 16, 2016 @ 23:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Maybe it's because there's a "secret underground swell" of people who find jokes about people with mental disorders, slightly more distateful than the thought of Trump in the White House?

Just saying.....

Maybe it's because there's a "secret underground swell" of people who find jokes about people with mental disorders, slightly more distateful than the thought of Trump in the White House?

Just saying.....

Carolyn C, Nov 17, 2016 @ 11:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Yes,you are right.I did think about that - but at the same time the joke is on him really and also on people who normally discriminate against people with mental health problems in the job market.Here,we have a man who has such a simplistic view of the solutions to major problems,who  has an inflated sense of his own importance,and such a lack of respect for others,that one might normally consider him to  be in need of some kind of therapy...........but instead he has been given a hugely important job in a very powerful country.

One way of coping with this is to laughingly see it as a step forward for the fight against discrimination - though,of course,it is totally the opposite of this.

Humour is a way to deal with distressing situations that we feel powerless to influence.

But I see your point totally.Normally,when I point out that jokes are sexist or racist or otherwise,I am told I have no sense of humour.sometimes,you can't win.

just saying....

Yes,you are right.I did think about that - but at the same time the joke is on him really and also on people who normally discriminate against people with mental health problems in the job market.Here,we have a man who has such a simplistic view of the solutions to major problems,who  has an inflated sense of his own importance,and such a lack of respect for others,that one might normally consider him to  be in need of some kind of therapy...........but instead he has been given a hugely important job in a very powerful country.

One way of coping with this is to laughingly see it as a step forward for the fight against discrimination - though,of course,it is totally the opposite of this.

Humour is a way to deal with distressing situations that we feel powerless to influence.

But I see your point totally.Normally,when I point out that jokes are sexist or racist or otherwise,I am told I have no sense of humour.sometimes,you can't win.

just saying....

buzzcocks, Nov 17, 2016 @ 11:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Would be nice if some Americans jumped in and shared their thoughts on Trump being sworn in as the next President of the USA. Amazed on general lack of comments on this forum considering a perma tanned version of Darth Vader will soon be presiding over the Whate House!

Would be nice if some Americans jumped in and shared their thoughts on Trump being sworn in as the next President of the USA. Amazed on general lack of comments on this forum considering a perma tanned version of Darth Vader will soon be presiding over the Whate House!

delseta9_, Dec 26, 2016 @ 22:50
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Remove Thanks
! Report to Admin
Post 7

GO TRUMP!!!

GO TRUMP!!!

Peter s, Jan 6, 2017 @ 20:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

What a great day! The real Black Friday?

What a great day! The real Black Friday?

buzzcocks, Jan 20, 2017 @ 18:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Dec 26, 16 22:50

Indeed.....a ghostly silence.Very strange for such an incredible event.

Indeed.....a ghostly silence.Very strange for such an incredible event.

buzzcocks, Jan 20, 2017 @ 18:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

How it all turns out will be up to the rest of the world. Self interest FTW. Sycophants line up. Brexit Britain first in line of course. Putains [sic] Russia doesn't even have to get in line.

How it all turns out will be up to the rest of the world. Self interest FTW. Sycophants line up. Brexit Britain first in line of course. Putains [sic] Russia doesn't even have to get in line.

Jimmy F, Jan 20, 2017 @ 20:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Hooray for Trump from the USA's silent majority.   He talked the talk and now he is walking the walk by keeping his promises to America.   Standing proud I am :)

Hooray for Trump from the USA's silent majority.   He talked the talk and now he is walking the walk by keeping his promises to America.   Standing proud I am :)

Gerald C, Feb 3, 2017 @ 22:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Interesting point of view- just a little difficult to understand the " proud" bit......unless you are being ironic?

Interesting point of view- just a little difficult to understand the " proud" bit......unless you are being ironic?

buzzcocks, Feb 3, 2017 @ 22:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Hee hee hee. That silent majority. ...the ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon, et al are most agitated at the mo. Have to say I'm very amused at the trashing of the Frank/Dodd financial regulations recently. Even better is the Theresa May show and her declared wish to build bridges with Europe while grovelling at Trumps, Erdogans (and any other despots) feet. Hilarious arrogance, contempt and hypocrisy.

Hee hee hee. That silent majority. ...the ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon, et al are most agitated at the mo. Have to say I'm very amused at the trashing of the Frank/Dodd financial regulations recently. Even better is the Theresa May show and her declared wish to build bridges with Europe while grovelling at Trumps, Erdogans (and any other despots) feet. Hilarious arrogance, contempt and hypocrisy.

Jimmy F, Feb 4, 2017 @ 15:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

This is mainstream politics- what else could you expect?

This is mainstream politics- what else could you expect?

buzzcocks, Feb 4, 2017 @ 16:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Feb 3, 17 22:24

http://www.chron.com/news/politics/article/Trump-may-be-setting-a-record-for-broken-promises-10623216.php

! Report to Admin
Post 16

http://www.chron.com/news/politics/article/Trump-may-be-setting-a-record-for-broken-promises-10623216.php

Feb 6, 17 14:46

Let's give the man some time... Mr. Trump has only just been inaugurated. Rome wasn't built in one day. Remember that POTUS cannot decide everything himself. OK, so there will not be a wall but at least a fence. Also hard to decontruct Obamacare in one go. And it wasn't Mr. Trump's fault that the travel ban he had promised was suspended.

Let's give the man some time... Mr. Trump has only just been inaugurated. Rome wasn't built in one day. Remember that POTUS cannot decide everything himself. OK, so there will not be a wall but at least a fence. Also hard to decontruct Obamacare in one go. And it wasn't Mr. Trump's fault that the travel ban he had promised was suspended.

Peter s, Feb 6, 2017 @ 22:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

It is rather comforting to see that "POTUS" cannot decide everything themselves.The USA ,with its system of checks and balances to prevent one person having too much power........reminds us of the ideals upon which the US was founded, and kind of restores one's faith in America.

It is rather comforting to see that "POTUS" cannot decide everything themselves.The USA ,with its system of checks and balances to prevent one person having too much power........reminds us of the ideals upon which the US was founded, and kind of restores one's faith in America.

buzzcocks, Feb 6, 2017 @ 23:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Feb 4, 17 15:51

Now now Jimmy that's too rich for me to pass up.  Right wingers never get agitated to the point of violence, destruction, and at times, murder.  And now it seems the radical left is shutting down freedom of speech at major universities such as U.Cal at Berkely and NYU.  These are the contemptuous hypocrites who claim Trump is a fascist dictator.

Now now Jimmy that's too rich for me to pass up.  Right wingers never get agitated to the point of violence, destruction, and at times, murder.  And now it seems the radical left is shutting down freedom of speech at major universities such as U.Cal at Berkely and NYU.  These are the contemptuous hypocrites who claim Trump is a fascist dictator.

Gerald C, Feb 7, 2017 @ 06:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

Feb 6, 17 23:20

The ideals upon which America was founded are the same ideal expoused by President Trump.

The ideals upon which America was founded are the same ideal expoused by President Trump.

Gerald C, Feb 7, 2017 @ 06:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

Feb 6, 17 14:46

The article is absurd in my opinion.  How do you compare an 8-year failed presidency to a brand new "one-month" presidency?

The article is absurd in my opinion.  How do you compare an 8-year failed presidency to a brand new "one-month" presidency?

Gerald C, Feb 7, 2017 @ 06:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

The camera never lies.....watch it till the end and you'll actually start feeling sorry for the guy.  Steve Bannon's puppet strings must hurt.....

The camera never lies.....watch it till the end and you'll actually start feeling sorry for the guy.  Steve Bannon's puppet strings must hurt.....

Carolyn C, Feb 7, 2017 @ 14:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

Feb 7, 17 14:10

I wouldn't feel too sorry for him, as not many billionaires are illiterate.  Think how much richer he would be if he could "read", lol.

I wouldn't feel too sorry for him, as not many billionaires are illiterate.  Think how much richer he would be if he could "read", lol.

Gerald C, Feb 8, 2017 @ 06:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

What if Trump voters weren't intellectually inferior, bigotted, racist, Islamophobic, homophobic, driven by hate, or mysogynistic?  What if their vision for the U.S. just starkly differed from that of the progressive Left?  On November 8th, the Left discovered just how mistaken (self-induced, mostly) it had been about Trump's supporters before the election and the Left looks like it still refuses self-examination and makes hysterical excuses for its defeat. 

Politico (generally Left leaning) reported that 91% of all media coverage of Trump during the campaign was negative.  That's off-the-wall insane, friends.  Media and popular culture have effectively become the political opposition party.  True Americans like many things, but being told how to think and feel aren't among them.

What if Trump voters weren't intellectually inferior, bigotted, racist, Islamophobic, homophobic, driven by hate, or mysogynistic?  What if their vision for the U.S. just starkly differed from that of the progressive Left?  On November 8th, the Left discovered just how mistaken (self-induced, mostly) it had been about Trump's supporters before the election and the Left looks like it still refuses self-examination and makes hysterical excuses for its defeat. 

Politico (generally Left leaning) reported that 91% of all media coverage of Trump during the campaign was negative.  That's off-the-wall insane, friends.  Media and popular culture have effectively become the political opposition party.  True Americans like many things, but being told how to think and feel aren't among them.

Austin H, Feb 9, 2017 @ 13:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24

http://fishintreee.blogspot.fr/2017/02/ivanka-trumpka-line-of-new-products.html

http://fishintreee.blogspot.fr/2017/02/ivanka-trumpka-line-of-new-products.html

fishintree, Feb 11, 2017 @ 22:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25

I don't think that was progress. Just an indictment on the U.S. education system. 

I don't think that was progress. Just an indictment on the U.S. education system. 

Richard R, Apr 21, 2021 @ 17:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
25 Replies | 3336 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form