Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Politics & Current Affairs > Student Permit B, HELP!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Student Permit B, HELP!

Hey everyone, 

I am looking for the cheapest or best value french course in Geneva, that would provide me with the student permit. I heard it is possible to get a 1 year permit while studying French, but dont want to spend crazy amount for that every month either if there are budget options. 

Please help if anyone knows the school that provides permits.

Thank you!!!Laughing

The text you are quoting:

Hey everyone, 

I am looking for the cheapest or best value french course in Geneva, that would provide me with the student permit. I heard it is possible to get a 1 year permit while studying French, but dont want to spend crazy amount for that every month either if there are budget options. 

Please help if anyone knows the school that provides permits.

Thank you!!!Laughing

ana vNov 24, 2015 @ 18:59
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 2892 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Student Permit B, HELP!
Post 1

As far as I know, schools do NOT provide permits, but might help give attestations (of subscription) or information about how to apply for a student visa. Check the following link for an exmaple of a language school in Geneva:

http://www.elfi-geneve.com/visa.php?lang=en

If i remember correctly, a visa/permit request based on a language course should be for courses of at least 20 hours per week (translates to an intensive course of at leats 4 hours per day, 5 days per week). Such intensive courses would cost around 1000 chf per month (check https://www.ifage.ch/offre/langues/francais/francais-general) for courses' example in a well-reputed language school in Geneva).

Good luck! :-)

Sinan

As far as I know, schools do NOT provide permits, but might help give attestations (of subscription) or information about how to apply for a student visa. Check the following link for an exmaple of a language school in Geneva:

http://www.elfi-geneve.com/visa.php?lang=en

If i remember correctly, a visa/permit request based on a language course should be for courses of at least 20 hours per week (translates to an intensive course of at leats 4 hours per day, 5 days per week). Such intensive courses would cost around 1000 chf per month (check https://www.ifage.ch/offre/langues/francais/francais-general) for courses' example in a well-reputed language school in Geneva).

Good luck! :-)

Sinan

Sinan, Nov 25, 2015 @ 19:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thank you! but that sounds sad and way worse than the info i had.. :(

Thank you! but that sounds sad and way worse than the info i had.. :(

ana v, Nov 25, 2015 @ 20:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi,

Do check out the first language school Sinan recommended - ELFI . I am taking classes there and would recommend it to anyone interested in learning French. 

Classes are Mon -  Fri, 3 hours a day. Monthly tuition fees are chf 670 per month.

Please note, as with any legitimate school, you are required to attend your lessons, otherwise the school is obliged to inform the authorities that you aren't goi for lessons.

The school admin will also be able to guide you on the correct procedure to follow (the do's and don'ts ) of applying for your student permit.

Bon Courage

Hi,

Do check out the first language school Sinan recommended - ELFI . I am taking classes there and would recommend it to anyone interested in learning French. 

Classes are Mon -  Fri, 3 hours a day. Monthly tuition fees are chf 670 per month.

Please note, as with any legitimate school, you are required to attend your lessons, otherwise the school is obliged to inform the authorities that you aren't goi for lessons.

The school admin will also be able to guide you on the correct procedure to follow (the do's and don'ts ) of applying for your student permit.

Bon Courage

Eunice W, Dec 4, 2015 @ 20:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Translator, Jan 4, 2016 @ 05:45
Your Reply: