Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Politics & Current Affairs > World's 'most racist' countries

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
World's 'most racist' countries

Map shows world's 'most racist' countries (and the answers may surprise you)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2325502/Map-shows-worlds-racist-countries-answers-surprise-you.html

The text you are quoting:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2325502/Map-shows-worlds-racist-countries-answers-surprise-you.html

brad hOct 8, 2013 @ 15:46
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

13 Replies | 5687 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: World's 'most racist' countries
Post 1

Oct 8, 13 15:46

Unfortunately not in our experience! We have lived all over the world in three different continents. The most racist country we lived in was one of those marked as 0-4.9% which just goes to show how wrong these statistics can be, and how people can be influenced if they do not know any better or have not experienced racism at first hand.

Unfortunately not in our experience! We have lived all over the world in three different continents. The most racist country we lived in was one of those marked as 0-4.9% which just goes to show how wrong these statistics can be, and how people can be influenced if they do not know any better or have not experienced racism at first hand.

sheila c, Oct 11, 2013 @ 15:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I find it very difficult to measure the level of tolerance of a society. Think about how some polls results can be misleading due to non representative samples, question including implicit answers, recent news impacting mood on short term...

Also, culture is highly influencing answer to above question. You always fear what you do not know. It does not mean that you hate it!

Finally it would be easier to ask people whether they are racist or not. However, racist usually tend to hide...

I find it very difficult to measure the level of tolerance of a society. Think about how some polls results can be misleading due to non representative samples, question including implicit answers, recent news impacting mood on short term...

Also, culture is highly influencing answer to above question. You always fear what you do not know. It does not mean that you hate it!

Finally it would be easier to ask people whether they are racist or not. However, racist usually tend to hide...

Henri K, Oct 11, 2013 @ 20:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Personally, the results of the poll do not surprise me much.

Personally, the results of the poll do not surprise me much.

TheOmegaMan, Oct 16, 2013 @ 19:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

If one feels that some races make better neighbors than others, how does one answer that question (hypothetically speaking)?  Different cultures will have different ideas about this and I think it confounds the study enough to invalidate it.

If one feels that some races make better neighbors than others, how does one answer that question (hypothetically speaking)?  Different cultures will have different ideas about this and I think it confounds the study enough to invalidate it.

richardm, Oct 17, 2013 @ 15:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Simply put, if one feels that some races make better or worse neighbors than others, then he's a racist.

Simply put, if one feels that some races make better or worse neighbors than others, then he's a racist.

TheOmegaMan, Oct 25, 2013 @ 14:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Wow this survey must of cost a fortune to carry out. For a group of people to visit all these countries, stay in expensive hotels and then go round and ask these question to all the sectors of those individual countries aint cheap

no wonder news papers are losing money

or they just made it up and based it, guesswork.

Wow this survey must of cost a fortune to carry out. For a group of people to visit all these countries, stay in expensive hotels and then go round and ask these question to all the sectors of those individual countries aint cheap

no wonder news papers are losing money

or they just made it up and based it, guesswork.

Guy B, Oct 30, 2013 @ 11:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

The results are not surprising at all. India being the most racist is something even Indians agree with. They have the system of cast and creed among them, they dont even dine on same table with people from lower cast, forget about marriage and friendship. Just see their news, how many people are killed because they tried to marry outside thier cast. I am not surprised at all. Similarly, arabs can be very racist. Some arabs think its a sin to even shake hands with a "non believer" (whatever that means). I myself being a muslim know how much they can be racist, which is NOT in Islam, its purely cultural but now mixed with religion.

The results are not surprising at all. India being the most racist is something even Indians agree with. They have the system of cast and creed among them, they dont even dine on same table with people from lower cast, forget about marriage and friendship. Just see their news, how many people are killed because they tried to marry outside thier cast. I am not surprised at all. Similarly, arabs can be very racist. Some arabs think its a sin to even shake hands with a "non believer" (whatever that means). I myself being a muslim know how much they can be racist, which is NOT in Islam, its purely cultural but now mixed with religion.

Mona Hadi, Oct 30, 2013 @ 11:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

This map and this survey are a joke; I don't understand on which basis it was drawn, and how the quality of answers was measured, the people didn’t say what they think.

In the other way I believe that this map shows very well the country where people tend to not say what they think when it comes to sensitive questions.

This map and this survey are a joke; I don't understand on which basis it was drawn, and how the quality of answers was measured, the people didn’t say what they think.

In the other way I believe that this map shows very well the country where people tend to not say what they think when it comes to sensitive questions.

Bechir Y, Oct 31, 2013 @ 11:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi all

as a Jordanian I am really surprised, because in Jordan we do not have any remarkable other "races", all people living there speak the same language and have the same culture and "race", even they are coming from neighbouring Arabic countries. More over if some body would apply for apartment e.g. in Jordan , he has not to fill a form in which he needs to give his origin or religion etc....

At the other hand, maybe people in Jordan are more honest, because they say what they think without two much diplomatic. I think racism what man feels when he lives in another place and sees how people look to him and accept his different live style or  different clothes , then man realizes exactly if there is a racism or not.

Moreover saying and answering a surveys is not like real practice, man can say something (probably nice) and practice on street or by choosing a room mate differently.

Hi all

as a Jordanian I am really surprised, because in Jordan we do not have any remarkable other "races", all people living there speak the same language and have the same culture and "race", even they are coming from neighbouring Arabic countries. More over if some body would apply for apartment e.g. in Jordan , he has not to fill a form in which he needs to give his origin or religion etc....

At the other hand, maybe people in Jordan are more honest, because they say what they think without two much diplomatic. I think racism what man feels when he lives in another place and sees how people look to him and accept his different live style or  different clothes , then man realizes exactly if there is a racism or not.

Moreover saying and answering a surveys is not like real practice, man can say something (probably nice) and practice on street or by choosing a room mate differently.

Ghalib J, Oct 31, 2013 @ 17:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

In my experience, this graphic is totally wrong. I have lived in India, where I never felt discriminated and also in the southeast of USA where we alI could breath racism... and check the numbers... what is that?

Of course, they don't say "people of another race", but "inmigrants" (plus illegal) or "aliens"... Many know very well how to hide their racism by using political correct words and phrases...

Maybe the indicator just measures the level of sincerity and of lack of verbal political correctness?

In my experience, this graphic is totally wrong. I have lived in India, where I never felt discriminated and also in the southeast of USA where we alI could breath racism... and check the numbers... what is that?

Of course, they don't say "people of another race", but "inmigrants" (plus illegal) or "aliens"... Many know very well how to hide their racism by using political correct words and phrases...

Maybe the indicator just measures the level of sincerity and of lack of verbal political correctness?

Julio A, Oct 31, 2013 @ 19:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

I want to add that making and publishing these wrong surveys is a smart way of expressing racism not more. I can not publish any report or essay in  a newspaper about a country and deal with it as a fact and let people take wrong impressions.

New Nazis in some European countries use anti-Nazi symbols as a way of expressing their hidden belonging to Nazis, e.g. a picture shows the thronging of a Nazi Swastika (Hackenkreuz) in recycle bin, can be interpreted by them as taken it from recycle bin  etc..

so I would not be surprised of I see somebody hanging an anti Nazis symbols on his clothes and he is actually a new Nazi. It is a smart way to reminding people about them without confronting the law.

I can find many reports about new Nazi in European countries ( made by professional European institutes) and shared them in Gloacals.

I want to add that making and publishing these wrong surveys is a smart way of expressing racism not more. I can not publish any report or essay in  a newspaper about a country and deal with it as a fact and let people take wrong impressions.

New Nazis in some European countries use anti-Nazi symbols as a way of expressing their hidden belonging to Nazis, e.g. a picture shows the thronging of a Nazi Swastika (Hackenkreuz) in recycle bin, can be interpreted by them as taken it from recycle bin  etc..

so I would not be surprised of I see somebody hanging an anti Nazis symbols on his clothes and he is actually a new Nazi. It is a smart way to reminding people about them without confronting the law.

I can find many reports about new Nazi in European countries ( made by professional European institutes) and shared them in Gloacals.

Ghalib J, Nov 1, 2013 @ 08:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Good point Ghalib J, wasn't it Churchill who said that the new fascists will call themselves anti fascists. 

And now you see it is actually coming true, the black block and extreme leftists who say they fight fascism are actually using the exact same tactics and are not open to debate or different opinion. Much like the regular right wingers..

Guess the point I'm making is no matter what extreme side you are part of, they both blow!

Good point Ghalib J, wasn't it Churchill who said that the new fascists will call themselves anti fascists. 

And now you see it is actually coming true, the black block and extreme leftists who say they fight fascism are actually using the exact same tactics and are not open to debate or different opinion. Much like the regular right wingers..

Guess the point I'm making is no matter what extreme side you are part of, they both blow!

smile2sandro, Mar 31, 2015 @ 11:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

I think the most rasism Ihave  ever observe , it is in the  eastern coutries as Russia, Ukraine, Belorrusia, Moldova , especially men overthere , that is not doubt , now is better but  20 years ago  foreigners were like aliens , well as someone mention above people do not show and know how to behave but not always ,  though 90% of people are rasist , even my mother she could be so nice with evryone but she wil never accept that her doughter will marry to some black or indian etc but eropean it is fine ) it is attitude to certain nationalities 

when I lived in Russia i noticed that they even have cpecial word for people who come there "ponaegali" it is like come here but in bad way to say , moreover I have never feel so big rasism as there , even more than in Ukraine 

About India or Arabic countries i woulds say that there is more like the rules or culture , the don't hate everyone, they just very traditional  and very religious it is way how the were broght up

I think the most rasism Ihave  ever observe , it is in the  eastern coutries as Russia, Ukraine, Belorrusia, Moldova , especially men overthere , that is not doubt , now is better but  20 years ago  foreigners were like aliens , well as someone mention above people do not show and know how to behave but not always ,  though 90% of people are rasist , even my mother she could be so nice with evryone but she wil never accept that her doughter will marry to some black or indian etc but eropean it is fine ) it is attitude to certain nationalities 

when I lived in Russia i noticed that they even have cpecial word for people who come there "ponaegali" it is like come here but in bad way to say , moreover I have never feel so big rasism as there , even more than in Ukraine 

About India or Arabic countries i woulds say that there is more like the rules or culture , the don't hate everyone, they just very traditional  and very religious it is way how the were broght up

perevala a, May 10, 2015 @ 19:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
13 Replies | 5687 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form