Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Andalucia

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Andalucia
 ¡Hola ChicosI

I'm going to Andalucia for a week's holidays in October, with my two children. We are really looking forward to that.

We will stay 2 days in Malaga, 3 days in Granada, and then 2 more days... I don't know where... Cordoba?

All suggestions, tips and advice, welcome!

Muchas gracias.

The text you are quoting:
 ¡Hola ChicosI

I'm going to Andalucia for a week's holidays in October, with my two children. We are really looking forward to that.

We will stay 2 days in Malaga, 3 days in Granada, and then 2 more days... I don't know where... Cordoba?

All suggestions, tips and advice, welcome!

Muchas gracias.

Nadia SAug 27, 2009 @ 14:19
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1102 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Andalucia
Post 1
 Hi there,

Good choice for the holiday :)

It all depends on what do you prefer, Andalucia has lots of different things to offer:

-For beaches you have Cádiz and Almeria (Although its not the best month to go the beach, maybe you get some sunny days), even without that Cadiz city centre its really beautiful, one of the oldest cities in Europe and its twined with La Habana.

-For cities you have Sevilla (my hometown), with really lots of things to see, it would be a shame to be near and don't visit it. Cordoba has a really nice mosquite.

-If you prefer small towns, there are two small cities near Jaen: Ubeda and Baeza, they are very close and they are Unesco World Heritage places, so you can imagine they are nice enough.

-Also so you could rent a car and just go from small town to small town, specially in the Huelva and Sevilla hills, and enjoy the environment (and the great food!!)

So it really depends on your mood :) I would go for Sevilla, and if its a nice day get to Cadiz (its only 40 minutes by train)

Hope that helped you a bit
 Hi there,

Good choice for the holiday :)

It all depends on what do you prefer, Andalucia has lots of different things to offer:

-For beaches you have Cádiz and Almeria (Although its not the best month to go the beach, maybe you get some sunny days), even without that Cadiz city centre its really beautiful, one of the oldest cities in Europe and its twined with La Habana.

-For cities you have Sevilla (my hometown), with really lots of things to see, it would be a shame to be near and don't visit it. Cordoba has a really nice mosquite.

-If you prefer small towns, there are two small cities near Jaen: Ubeda and Baeza, they are very close and they are Unesco World Heritage places, so you can imagine they are nice enough.

-Also so you could rent a car and just go from small town to small town, specially in the Huelva and Sevilla hills, and enjoy the environment (and the great food!!)

So it really depends on your mood :) I would go for Sevilla, and if its a nice day get to Cadiz (its only 40 minutes by train)

Hope that helped you a bit

Jose S, Aug 27, 2009 @ 18:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
 Thanks a lot Jose.

In fact first I thought about renting a car and going from small town to small town. But then, we only have a week's holidays, and considering I want to see Malaga and the Picasso Museum, then spend some time in Granada, time will be too short for small town hopping.
But for another trip, I'll definitely do that.

I guess the two last days will be spent in Cordoba. One question: what is the best way to go from town to town if not by rented car? Say the roundtrip Malaga-Granada-Cordoba-Malaga (which is where the airport of our flight is)?

Thanks a lot Jose.

In fact first I thought about renting a car and going from small town to small town. But then, we only have a week's holidays, and considering I want to see Malaga and the Picasso Museum, then spend some time in Granada, time will be too short for small town hopping.
But for another trip, I'll definitely do that.

I guess the two last days will be spent in Cordoba. One question: what is the best way to go from town to town if not by rented car? Say the roundtrip Malaga-Granada-Cordoba-Malaga (which is where the airport of our flight is)?

Nadia S, Aug 27, 2009 @ 22:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
 Hello,

here some tips form my side as I have studied in Malaga and Granada some years ago:

Malaga -  I really liked it because I have never been to a place where people are so open minded and dynamic, even if the city itself does not have so many "tourist" attractions, it is a good place to visit - in Malaga itself you won't find many tourists, they just arrive at the airport and then go somewhere to the coast - therefore it is very authentic.

Granada -  I was quite disappointed, the city itself is not very beautiful but therefore the Alhambra is really breathtaking - I was told they have now limited the number of visitors in order to protect the historic constructions and you have to reserve tickets quite some time in advance.

Sevilla - a must in Andalucia, so many beautiful things to see, you should reserve some time for it.

Cordoba - quite calm, but also very nice, for sure worth a visit, especially the Mezquita.

Hope my advices are usefull, enjoy your trip.

Cheers,

Christoph
 Hello,

here some tips form my side as I have studied in Malaga and Granada some years ago:

Malaga -  I really liked it because I have never been to a place where people are so open minded and dynamic, even if the city itself does not have so many "tourist" attractions, it is a good place to visit - in Malaga itself you won't find many tourists, they just arrive at the airport and then go somewhere to the coast - therefore it is very authentic.

Granada -  I was quite disappointed, the city itself is not very beautiful but therefore the Alhambra is really breathtaking - I was told they have now limited the number of visitors in order to protect the historic constructions and you have to reserve tickets quite some time in advance.

Sevilla - a must in Andalucia, so many beautiful things to see, you should reserve some time for it.

Cordoba - quite calm, but also very nice, for sure worth a visit, especially the Mezquita.

Hope my advices are usefull, enjoy your trip.

Cheers,

Christoph
ChrisX, Aug 27, 2009 @ 22:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
 Hi,

I think the best way to move between those cities would be the train, its quite reliable and not quite expensive, and if you buy with some time in advance online I think you can get some discounts. There also buses, but they usually take more time because they make stops in smaller towns.

You can check the spanish railway company website at www.renfe.es

If you need anything else let me know,
Jose

Hi,

I think the best way to move between those cities would be the train, its quite reliable and not quite expensive, and if you buy with some time in advance online I think you can get some discounts. There also buses, but they usually take more time because they make stops in smaller towns.

You can check the spanish railway company website at www.renfe.es

If you need anything else let me know,
Jose

Jose S, Aug 28, 2009 @ 18:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
 Thanks a lot guys, finally I've changed my plans as Sevilla is a must, so it will be Malaga - Granada - Cordoba - Sevilla.

I'm stunned by the time it takes to plan it all. Up to now I've found and reserved two very nice guest houses, in the historic centers of Malaga and Granada, and will look for the same kind of accommodation in Cordoba and Sevilla.
 Thanks a lot guys, finally I've changed my plans as Sevilla is a must, so it will be Malaga - Granada - Cordoba - Sevilla.

I'm stunned by the time it takes to plan it all. Up to now I've found and reserved two very nice guest houses, in the historic centers of Malaga and Granada, and will look for the same kind of accommodation in Cordoba and Sevilla.

Nadia S, Aug 29, 2009 @ 22:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1102 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form