Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Anyone going or been to Bali ??

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Anyone going or been to Bali ??

I am planning on Bali in April..

Is anyone is going to be there in April too ?  or..

Have you been to Bali ? got any advice, top tips, must see places, guides recommendations, anything that might be helpful to know before going Cool

The text you are quoting:

I am planning on Bali in April..

Is anyone is going to be there in April too ?  or..

Have you been to Bali ? got any advice, top tips, must see places, guides recommendations, anything that might be helpful to know before going Cool

uktheturtleMar 20, 2011 @ 17:29
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

24 Replies | 2021 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Anyone going or been to Bali ??
Post 1

Do you scuba dive - if yes there are some great resorts.

Don't spend your time in Denpasar.

Get out up the coast, I was up in Amed (small village but great hotel).

Try the restaurant Kudeta in Kuta (don't order wine or champagne as its a fortune)

Rent a bike and see the backside of villages, temples, etc

Go to duty free in Singapore and negotiate

Enjoy (mail me if you want more details)

Do you scuba dive - if yes there are some great resorts.

Don't spend your time in Denpasar.

Get out up the coast, I was up in Amed (small village but great hotel).

Try the restaurant Kudeta in Kuta (don't order wine or champagne as its a fortune)

Rent a bike and see the backside of villages, temples, etc

Go to duty free in Singapore and negotiate

Enjoy (mail me if you want more details)

Poster, Mar 22, 2011 @ 16:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I'm wanting to go to Bali/Singapore in May. I heard there's no need to prebook hotels as there's plenty of availability and it's cheap once you get out there.

Is it fairly safe for female travellers? Anywhere else in Indonesia you recommend.

What's Ubud like?

Where did you stay in Amed

I'm wanting to go to Bali/Singapore in May. I heard there's no need to prebook hotels as there's plenty of availability and it's cheap once you get out there.

Is it fairly safe for female travellers? Anywhere else in Indonesia you recommend.

What's Ubud like?

Where did you stay in Amed

Nesrin, Mar 22, 2011 @ 17:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

For some of the smaller resorts you may want to reserve. Hotels can be cheap, however the luxury ones are not that much of a bargain UNLESS you book in advance.

Travelling is very safe, fairly cheap but you must book and negotiate your taxi in advance (sur place) otherwise !!!

The best thing I did was to rent a bike and do some off road travelling through little villages, with a guide and a small group.  Just make sure you don't get into a totally un-fit group.

For some of the smaller resorts you may want to reserve. Hotels can be cheap, however the luxury ones are not that much of a bargain UNLESS you book in advance.

Travelling is very safe, fairly cheap but you must book and negotiate your taxi in advance (sur place) otherwise !!!

The best thing I did was to rent a bike and do some off road travelling through little villages, with a guide and a small group.  Just make sure you don't get into a totally un-fit group.

Poster, Mar 22, 2011 @ 19:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

I can strongly recommend the perfume which is fantastic but only if you are in Bali . . . . . .

715 AM in Bali    by Kenzo    Cool

I can strongly recommend the perfume which is fantastic but only if you are in Bali . . . . . .

715 AM in Bali    by Kenzo    Cool

Poster, Mar 22, 2011 @ 19:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Nesrin,

I lived in Indonesia for the last three years and we went to Bali many times it's a very nice place to for vacation and having fun.

I do recommend to have all your hotel reservations before leaving..even there are many many hotels there but still some time it would be hard to find empty room you can try this website www.agoda.com we usually make all our reservations through it.

if you are looking for something nice but quite expensive try Holiday inn resort in Kuta beach or discovery kartika hotel (more indonesian) and this one is just next to the mall and opposite of the water boom (huge and nice water park).

Ubud is the mountain part of bali island..if you like nice views and weather, stay at ubud..but if you want to spend the time by the beach you can have a one day tour in the island and ubud.

I do also recommend to go to Jogjakarta. it is a nice tradetional city where you can go to (burobodur and Pranpanan) tampels and also you can have a nice walk up to a vulcano mountain.

for singapore it is very easy to decide where to go at the airport as there are many brochures about the city and tours in it. but make sure to go to sentosa island and have long time (a whole day) there. also make sure to reserve your hotel before as singapore is much expensive..you can stay at littel india or china town hotels are cheaper.

I think this is it..if you want more informations please let me know. Hope you enjoy your time there.

Hi Nesrin,

I lived in Indonesia for the last three years and we went to Bali many times it's a very nice place to for vacation and having fun.

I do recommend to have all your hotel reservations before leaving..even there are many many hotels there but still some time it would be hard to find empty room you can try this website www.agoda.com we usually make all our reservations through it.

if you are looking for something nice but quite expensive try Holiday inn resort in Kuta beach or discovery kartika hotel (more indonesian) and this one is just next to the mall and opposite of the water boom (huge and nice water park).

Ubud is the mountain part of bali island..if you like nice views and weather, stay at ubud..but if you want to spend the time by the beach you can have a one day tour in the island and ubud.

I do also recommend to go to Jogjakarta. it is a nice tradetional city where you can go to (burobodur and Pranpanan) tampels and also you can have a nice walk up to a vulcano mountain.

for singapore it is very easy to decide where to go at the airport as there are many brochures about the city and tours in it. but make sure to go to sentosa island and have long time (a whole day) there. also make sure to reserve your hotel before as singapore is much expensive..you can stay at littel india or china town hotels are cheaper.

I think this is it..if you want more informations please let me know. Hope you enjoy your time there.

lama chami, Mar 22, 2011 @ 18:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

ku de ta in seminyak for sunset cocktails

living room or  potato head for drinks after that

ku de ta in seminyak for sunset cocktails

living room or  potato head for drinks after that

Ben D, Mar 22, 2011 @ 20:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

The most amazing island, been there a million times...let me know what are you looking for.

The most amazing island, been there a million times...let me know what are you looking for.

Natalie H, Mar 22, 2011 @ 21:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

hippest area is Seminyak with the nicest bars & restaurants e.g. KuDeTa, Huu'Bar, The Living room, Sarong, Metis......happy to give more info ;-)

hippest area is Seminyak with the nicest bars & restaurants e.g. KuDeTa, Huu'Bar, The Living room, Sarong, Metis......happy to give more info ;-)

Natalie H, Mar 22, 2011 @ 21:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

lama chami, Mar 22, 2011 @ 21:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Thanks everyone!! I'll take your advice...i want a nice mixture of relaxing, adventure, and maybe a night out or too - but want to avoid the very touristy areas....hence I am thinking Ubud and then somewhere up North by the coast.

I've started several books but never seen them through...maybe I'll give them another go on the plane...

N

Thanks everyone!! I'll take your advice...i want a nice mixture of relaxing, adventure, and maybe a night out or too - but want to avoid the very touristy areas....hence I am thinking Ubud and then somewhere up North by the coast.

I've started several books but never seen them through...maybe I'll give them another go on the plane...

N

Nesrin, Mar 24, 2011 @ 12:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

have been last year in March, travelling alone for 10 days and lovaed it. always felt very safe, people are very nice and the food is great!

i loved ubud for scenery, massages and yoga and seminyak for shoppling and great sunset!

www.agoda.com is a great website for booking hotels

i can also really reccomend a hotel called desa seni which i booked via tablet hotels

let me know in case you need more specific advice!

have been last year in March, travelling alone for 10 days and lovaed it. always felt very safe, people are very nice and the food is great!

i loved ubud for scenery, massages and yoga and seminyak for shoppling and great sunset!

www.agoda.com is a great website for booking hotels

i can also really reccomend a hotel called desa seni which i booked via tablet hotels

let me know in case you need more specific advice!

Arcobaleno_2, Mar 24, 2011 @ 13:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Hello, I am going to Bali in 3 weeks for... 3 weeks... : I'd like to go to Lombok and Java as well go trekking, up the volcanoes, not much of a beach fan but enjoy the water though.

Any advice will be welcome!!

Thank you!

Hello, I am going to Bali in 3 weeks for... 3 weeks... : I'd like to go to Lombok and Java as well go trekking, up the volcanoes, not much of a beach fan but enjoy the water though.

Any advice will be welcome!!

Thank you!

Aline, Jul 31, 2013 @ 07:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Have travelled extensively around there. Traveling this week but happy to chat/post next week. 

Have travelled extensively around there. Traveling this week but happy to chat/post next week. 

Nesrin, Jul 31, 2013 @ 08:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

look out for this place - Build buy Hollywood Director Rob Cohen - bit expensive but you can also visit: it is stunning

http://www.architecturaldigest.com/decor/2009-08/green_amid_blue_slideshow_slideshow_item7_8

http://goo.gl/maps/ykdJl

look out for this place - Build buy Hollywood Director Rob Cohen - bit expensive but you can also visit: it is stunning

http://www.architecturaldigest.com/decor/2009-08/green_amid_blue_slideshow_slideshow_item7_8

Soul3Soul, Jul 31, 2013 @ 08:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

hi am not sure about your links.... r they working ?

not on my computer ... sorry!

hi am not sure about your links.... r they working ?

not on my computer ... sorry!

Aline, Jul 31, 2013 @ 19:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Mine?

Mine?

Soul3Soul, Jul 31, 2013 @ 19:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

you absolutely have to go to the nord of Bali LOVINABEACH

- watching Dolphins, Tunas and with a bit of chance wales ( 8 meter near the boat )

- full moon activities, so nice and quite

-UBUD the village with much artistique and soul ...

- on the way to Lovinbeach (best by moto) you find cold water springs, falls and also a nice vulcan

don't go to Kuta, Denpasar and the rest of the south ( to much hassle)

enjoy your stay

keep moving

Ueli

you absolutely have to go to the nord of Bali LOVINABEACH

- watching Dolphins, Tunas and with a bit of chance wales ( 8 meter near the boat )

- full moon activities, so nice and quite

-UBUD the village with much artistique and soul ...

- on the way to Lovinbeach (best by moto) you find cold water springs, falls and also a nice vulcan

don't go to Kuta, Denpasar and the rest of the south ( to much hassle)

enjoy your stay

keep moving

Ueli

wedi, Jul 31, 2013 @ 20:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

these?

these?

Aline, Aug 1, 2013 @ 09:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

Hi, i'm indonesian, even me i really do love Bali so much! beautiful island. Just want to say, hope you all enjoyed your time in my country ^_^

Hi, i'm indonesian, even me i really do love Bali so much! beautiful island. Just want to say, hope you all enjoyed your time in my country ^_^

Mita i, Aug 1, 2013 @ 09:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

Ok then is it safe to travel there alone?

Ok then is it safe to travel there alone?

Aline, Aug 1, 2013 @ 09:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Hi, I welcome u to Indonesia. If u go to Bali, southern area (Kuta, Sanur, etc)  yea it is too crowded already, specially this time of the year. Lovina n Ubud are recommended in Bali.

I suggest Lombok more,beatiful island(s) and less crowded. Visit Kuta Lombok (don't mix up with Kuta Bali), another beach less crowded, with 'crystal' sand. And there Rinjani Mountain, with lake above it. Theres trekking route around.

In Java, I suggest Yogyakarta, traditional Java city, with all sweet food.

All those places are touristic, and you'll find people there very friendly and speaks english :)

You dont have to go to Jakarta, sorry to say, nothing to see there :D

Well, hope u'll enjoy your holiday.

Hi, I welcome u to Indonesia. If u go to Bali, southern area (Kuta, Sanur, etc)  yea it is too crowded already, specially this time of the year. Lovina n Ubud are recommended in Bali.

I suggest Lombok more,beatiful island(s) and less crowded. Visit Kuta Lombok (don't mix up with Kuta Bali), another beach less crowded, with 'crystal' sand. And there Rinjani Mountain, with lake above it. Theres trekking route around.

In Java, I suggest Yogyakarta, traditional Java city, with all sweet food.

All those places are touristic, and you'll find people there very friendly and speaks english :)

You dont have to go to Jakarta, sorry to say, nothing to see there :D

Well, hope u'll enjoy your holiday.

Roseline S, Aug 1, 2013 @ 10:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

id say it is safe

for the place to see maybe google:

Drawing on Indigenous Forms, an Eco-Friendly House Rises on Bali
Architectural, Interior  Design by Linda Garland - Rob Cohen

id say it is safe

for the place to see maybe google:

Drawing on Indigenous Forms, an Eco-Friendly House Rises on Bali
Architectural, Interior  Design by Linda Garland - Rob Cohen

Soul3Soul, Aug 1, 2013 @ 10:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

Very safe. Ive been there alone. No problem if you are not looking for troubles:-)

Very safe. Ive been there alone. No problem if you are not looking for troubles:-)

Abigail White, Aug 24, 2013 @ 18:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24

Hi Aline? 

Have you been yet? Bali is lovely, the people are so nice, but almost ruined by tourism, certainly in the South. Even Ubud has become a tourist trap, but still worth seeing as it's real Bali, and you can get out of the city pretty quickly. It depends what you want out of your holiday?

Personally I would go to Bali to experience the unique Balinese culture and the people, and get into Central and Northern Bali...a week there is more than enough, and if you are looking for wild nature, go to Lombok, Papua area. After coming back from Papua, Raja Ampat, it was hard to see a beach the same way....the combed fake beaches did not seem exciting, and the water in the tourist resorts just felt dirty. But I had been spoiled. Gili Islands are nice, Trawalgan if you want to party - i found it dirty and tacky. Gili Air and Gili Meno in particular were much nicer. 

I didnt explore Java but I hear there are beautiful places to see. 

In any case you always find what you look for :-) If you're not happy in one place just move on..and travel super light - then you go wherever you want immediately. 

Indonesia is a fascinating unique place - and so much to see it would take a lifetime to see it all :-)

Hope this helps - even if a little late - perhaps you are already travelling and if so..enjoy!

Best, 

Nesrin 

Hi Aline? 

Have you been yet? Bali is lovely, the people are so nice, but almost ruined by tourism, certainly in the South. Even Ubud has become a tourist trap, but still worth seeing as it's real Bali, and you can get out of the city pretty quickly. It depends what you want out of your holiday?

Personally I would go to Bali to experience the unique Balinese culture and the people, and get into Central and Northern Bali...a week there is more than enough, and if you are looking for wild nature, go to Lombok, Papua area. After coming back from Papua, Raja Ampat, it was hard to see a beach the same way....the combed fake beaches did not seem exciting, and the water in the tourist resorts just felt dirty. But I had been spoiled. Gili Islands are nice, Trawalgan if you want to party - i found it dirty and tacky. Gili Air and Gili Meno in particular were much nicer. 

I didnt explore Java but I hear there are beautiful places to see. 

In any case you always find what you look for :-) If you're not happy in one place just move on..and travel super light - then you go wherever you want immediately. 

Indonesia is a fascinating unique place - and so much to see it would take a lifetime to see it all :-)

Hope this helps - even if a little late - perhaps you are already travelling and if so..enjoy!

Best, 

Nesrin 

Nesrin, Aug 25, 2013 @ 15:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
24 Replies | 2021 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form