Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > By Road and Ferry - Montreux to Cork, Ireland - tips on route

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
By Road and Ferry - Montreux to Cork, Ireland - tips on route

Hello All,

I will be driving from Montreux to Cork, Ireland at the end of March 2017.

The route is ..

Montreux---road---Cherbourg(France)---ferry---Rosslare(Ireland)---road--Cork City

The general idea is to start early in the morning from Montreux and arrive late evening in Cherbourg(900 km) to take the ferry for a overnight trip(avoid hotel stay) arriving in Rosslare in the afternoon and then take a 3 hour(200 km) drive to Cork City.

I have done this trip before and I thought the tolls were on the higher side. I did travel mostly on the AutoRoutes though and actually prefer them.

Any suggestions on different routes to lower tolls, fill up with cheaper fuel maybe or just maybe try something different this time :-)

I kind of ruled out the route via UK, as that will involve 2 ferry crossings and a hotel stay, bumping up the costs, but will be interesting to hear others ideas in any case.

Hope to hear some interesting suggestions or anecdotes even! Either way, thanks for reading and have a nice weekend.

Ciao,

Suleman

The text you are quoting:

Hello All,

I will be driving from Montreux to Cork, Ireland at the end of March 2017.

The route is ..

Montreux---road---Cherbourg(France)---ferry---Rosslare(Ireland)---road--Cork City

The general idea is to start early in the morning from Montreux and arrive late evening in Cherbourg(900 km) to take the ferry for a overnight trip(avoid hotel stay) arriving in Rosslare in the afternoon and then take a 3 hour(200 km) drive to Cork City.

I have done this trip before and I thought the tolls were on the higher side. I did travel mostly on the AutoRoutes though and actually prefer them.

Any suggestions on different routes to lower tolls, fill up with cheaper fuel maybe or just maybe try something different this time :-)

I kind of ruled out the route via UK, as that will involve 2 ferry crossings and a hotel stay, bumping up the costs, but will be interesting to hear others ideas in any case.

Hope to hear some interesting suggestions or anecdotes even! Either way, thanks for reading and have a nice weekend.

Ciao,

Suleman

Suleman ShahMar 18, 2017 @ 11:51
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 1129 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 1129 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form