Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Cell phone plan for traveling around Europe and US?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Cell phone plan for traveling around Europe and US?

Hi everyone,

We are moving to the Vevey area in August and have iPhones that we'd liek to use once we move- I'm not sure if we can use them there or will to buy new iPhones there- we're looking for the best company to use as we'll be traveling to the US oftena s well as throughout Europe- will need talk, text and internet. Thank you for your advice!

Lynn

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone,

We are moving to the Vevey area in August and have iPhones that we'd liek to use once we move- I'm not sure if we can use them there or will to buy new iPhones there- we're looking for the best company to use as we'll be traveling to the US oftena s well as throughout Europe- will need talk, text and internet. Thank you for your advice!

Lynn

Lynn BlankJun 9, 2013 @ 15:58
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1035 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Cell phone plan for traveling around Europe and US?
Post 1

Affordable global service is a pipe dream for the time being.  There are a few global resellers which are cheaper than roaming but they still cost a fortune.  Your best bet would be an unlocked phone and pre-paid SIM cards from whatever countries you will visit.  A dual-SIM phone can be helpful as well.

Affordable global service is a pipe dream for the time being.  There are a few global resellers which are cheaper than roaming but they still cost a fortune.  Your best bet would be an unlocked phone and pre-paid SIM cards from whatever countries you will visit.  A dual-SIM phone can be helpful as well.

richardm, Jun 9, 2013 @ 16:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Numbridge!

http://vimeo.com/60874365

Numbridge is the first international calling solution to offer the quality, affordability, and most importantly, the luxury of looking local -- while being global.
You’ll love it so much, you’ll want to call friends all over the world to tell them about us.

Numbridge!

http://vimeo.com/60874365

Numbridge is the first international calling solution to offer the quality, affordability, and most importantly, the luxury of looking local -- while being global.
You’ll love it so much, you’ll want to call friends all over the world to tell them about us.

Telassim A, Jun 9, 2013 @ 20:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Either get multiple SIM cards or find Wifi and use Skype.

Either get multiple SIM cards or find Wifi and use Skype.

Edward B, Jun 9, 2013 @ 20:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

I have a wiko dual sim android phone. I have a Swisscom sim and a worldsim card also. So far using it a year and its pretty good, with auto charge for credit from my credit card so when n china etc never run out of cash. A bit more expensive than local sims but saves the hassle if you travel a lot I reckon. 

I have a wiko dual sim android phone. I have a Swisscom sim and a worldsim card also. So far using it a year and its pretty good, with auto charge for credit from my credit card so when n china etc never run out of cash. A bit more expensive than local sims but saves the hassle if you travel a lot I reckon. 

Kevin M, Jun 9, 2013 @ 21:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1035 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form