Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Daily commute between Geneva and Nyon cost effective transport option

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Daily commute between Geneva and Nyon cost effective transport option
Hi,

I am considering living in Nyon although I work in Geneva. Can you please share details of the most cost effective transport mode

The text you are quoting:
Hi,

I am considering living in Nyon although I work in Geneva. Can you please share details of the most cost effective transport mode
ShutaDec 30, 2008 @ 20:35

Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1285 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Daily commute between Geneva and Nyon cost effective transport option
Post 1

Bicycle! Flat as a pancake ride, with dedicated paths all the way, keeps you fit, saves the environment, saves you bucket loads of money. Raining/tired? Leave bike in o/n bike parking or take it on the train. Obviously more suited to spring-summer-autumn, but not at all impossible during winter too.

Bicycle! Flat as a pancake ride, with dedicated paths all the way, keeps you fit, saves the environment, saves you bucket loads of money. Raining/tired? Leave bike in o/n bike parking or take it on the train. Obviously more suited to spring-summer-autumn, but not at all impossible during winter too.
SlogFester, Dec 31, 2008 @ 12:19

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Daily commute between Geneva and Nyon cost effective transport option
Post 2
well for a pro like SlogFester the bike indeed is an option :P

but it would take about 1h30min even if you're reasonably fit!

I have been commuting by train for more than 2 years and it's definitely the fastest and probably cheapest way if you combine it with a bike that you leave at Geneva train station. For the train you can have an "abonnement" just for Nyon-Geneva, not sure how much it costs though (I had an abonnement général for the whole of Switzerland for around 3000 Fr per year).
well for a pro like SlogFester the bike indeed is an option :P

but it would take about 1h30min even if you're reasonably fit!

I have been commuting by train for more than 2 years and it's definitely the fastest and probably cheapest way if you combine it with a bike that you leave at Geneva train station. For the train you can have an "abonnement" just for Nyon-Geneva, not sure how much it costs though (I had an abonnement général for the whole of Switzerland for around 3000 Fr per year).
eva77, Jan 10, 2009 @ 14:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1285 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form