Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Do you want to be Swissed?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Do you want to be Swissed?

Dear Glocal Member,

I've been in CH and Berne for over a month now; it's time to explore the diversity of CH -- its beatiful landscapes and historic(al) cultures. I sit here in my room and study my Lonely Planet "Discover Switzerland" for the fourth time, and the pictures in the book get me so excited for reaching out to the sceneries, which CH has on offer! There are defintely places to be visited; but as you probably know it's somehow more interesting together with a travel partner.

Specifically, what I was thinking on was to do intensive travel in 14 days or so (the exact amount of days do not really matter) starting from the end of the coming week or later. So if anyone has the same basic sort of travel need like me, then let's join and benefit from it!

Therefore, if you're interested, then just write me an email, and we can take a look at our respective travel plans.

Best wishes,

Søren  

The text you are quoting:

Dear Glocal Member,

I've been in CH and Berne for over a month now; it's time to explore the diversity of CH -- its beatiful landscapes and historic(al) cultures. I sit here in my room and study my Lonely Planet "Discover Switzerland" for the fourth time, and the pictures in the book get me so excited for reaching out to the sceneries, which CH has on offer! There are defintely places to be visited; but as you probably know it's somehow more interesting together with a travel partner.

Specifically, what I was thinking on was to do intensive travel in 14 days or so (the exact amount of days do not really matter) starting from the end of the coming week or later. So if anyone has the same basic sort of travel need like me, then let's join and benefit from it!

Therefore, if you're interested, then just write me an email, and we can take a look at our respective travel plans.

Best wishes,

Søren  

Søren LundOct 13, 2013 @ 20:00
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1159 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Do you want to be Swissed?
Post 1

If you want my (swiss) opinion, the old town of Lucerne is the prettiest place of Switzerland. But in automn it get's a bit empty. Lugano is my second best liked place. The old town of Berne is very nice also. Typical mountain village : Grindelwald. The most lovely countryside : Emmental near Berne where you will find those typical bernese farms which are so beautiful with magnificient gardens in front of them, "capital" being Langnau im Emmental.

If you want my (swiss) opinion, the old town of Lucerne is the prettiest place of Switzerland. But in automn it get's a bit empty. Lugano is my second best liked place. The old town of Berne is very nice also. Typical mountain village : Grindelwald. The most lovely countryside : Emmental near Berne where you will find those typical bernese farms which are so beautiful with magnificient gardens in front of them, "capital" being Langnau im Emmental.

MARLISE B, Oct 14, 2013 @ 14:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Do you want to be Swissed?
Post 2

Dear Glocal Member,

Best wishes,

Søren  

Oct 13, 13 20:00

And Soren

Don't forget the Valais/Wallis, especially the Upper Wallis which incorporates the magnigicent Aletsch region. Unfortunately you have just missed a very special one day ticket [well, it actually runs out on 20.10] which permits you to go up and down as many Bergbahnen as well as the Matterhorn-Gotthardbahn in that area. We did this last week - fabulous. The ticket even includes lunch. But Wallis in general is fantastic. Bon voyage!

And Soren

Don't forget the Valais/Wallis, especially the Upper Wallis which incorporates the magnigicent Aletsch region. Unfortunately you have just missed a very special one day ticket [well, it actually runs out on 20.10] which permits you to go up and down as many Bergbahnen as well as the Matterhorn-Gotthardbahn in that area. We did this last week - fabulous. The ticket even includes lunch. But Wallis in general is fantastic. Bon voyage!

sheila c, Oct 18, 2013 @ 12:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1159 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form