Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Driving to Nice: which way to take

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Driving to Nice: which way to take
 Hello guys,

I'm driving to Nice on Monday during the day. I'm wondering which route to take as there are several possible routes. Any suggestions?

Cheers
The text you are quoting:
 Hello guys,

I'm driving to Nice on Monday during the day. I'm wondering which route to take as there are several possible routes. Any suggestions?

Cheers

RasputinAug 30, 2009 @ 14:03
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 769 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Driving to Nice: which way to take
Post 1

If you are in a rush, then via Italy is probably the quickest route - either the Chamonix-MB-Aoste-Turino route or the Chambery-SB-Turino route.

But if you have time and like beautiful mountain drives, try the Grenoble-N85 route via Gap, Sisteron, Dinge-Les-Bains and Grasse.  Plan for 6 hours driving.

Have used both many times to Monaco.  Cost used to be about the same, but with the prices increases on the peage maybe the N85 route is cheaper now! 

For the N85 route, remember a French eating regime applies - nothing much available in the little towns after 14h00.  But time it right and you'll find places to eat lunch en route (particularly in Gap and Dinge-Les-Bains).

- K.

The text you are quoting:

If you are in a rush, then via Italy is probably the quickest route - either the Chamonix-MB-Aoste-Turino route or the Chambery-SB-Turino route.

But if you have time and like beautiful mountain drives, try the Grenoble-N85 route via Gap, Sisteron, Dinge-Les-Bains and Grasse.  Plan for 6 hours driving.

Have used both many times to Monaco.  Cost used to be about the same, but with the prices increases on the peage maybe the N85 route is cheaper now! 

For the N85 route, remember a French eating regime applies - nothing much available in the little towns after 14h00.  But time it right and you'll find places to eat lunch en route (particularly in Gap and Dinge-Les-Bains).

- K.

Sandokan, Aug 30, 2009 @ 15:55
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 769 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form