Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > GPS in UAE

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
GPS in UAE

Does anyone know if the European GPSs also work in UAE. I'm travelling to UAE end of this month and am unsure if I should rent a car with GPS or just take my own GPS.

Your advice is greatly appreciated,

SEAn

The text you are quoting:

Does anyone know if the European GPSs also work in UAE. I'm travelling to UAE end of this month and am unsure if I should rent a car with GPS or just take my own GPS.

Your advice is greatly appreciated,

SEAn

emadyshOct 7, 2013 @ 08:40
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1001 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: GPS in UAE
Post 1

Depends on the make and which maps you have downloaded on them.

On garmin you can download additional maps, but that costs a lot. I would just rent it - so you know for sure that you have the right maps.

The GPS unit it self will work - its just a question of maps.

PS - forget about entering street names in the UAE - ask for the coordinates, and enter those in the GPS.... 

On garmin you can download additional maps, but that costs a lot. I would just rent it - so you know for sure that you have the right maps.

PS - forget about entering street names in the UAE - ask for the coordinates, and enter those in the GPS.... 

martin, Oct 7, 2013 @ 09:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: GPS in UAE
Post 2

Oct 7, 13 09:16

Thanks very much Martin, I think I'll take your advice and rent a car with GPS, it's not that much more expensive, whether or not it works it's another question!

Merci, SEAn

Thanks very much Martin, I think I'll take your advice and rent a car with GPS, it's not that much more expensive, whether or not it works it's another question!

Merci, SEAn

emadysh, Oct 8, 2013 @ 08:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1001 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form