Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Hotels in Paris, Restaurants to try.. etc..

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hotels in Paris, Restaurants to try.. etc..

We're (4 of us) planning to go to Paris for 4 nights .Can anyone please, recommend any cheap hotels (near metros) / appartment rentals (websites) there?

Other advices (restaurants to try, which sectors to avoid.. etc)  are very welcome!

Thank you.

The text you are quoting:

We're (4 of us) planning to go to Paris for 4 nights .Can anyone please, recommend any cheap hotels (near metros) / appartment rentals (websites) there?

Other advices (restaurants to try, which sectors to avoid.. etc)  are very welcome!

Thank you.

genevorineSep 7, 2013 @ 16:49
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1110 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hotels in Paris, Restaurants to try.. etc..
Post 1

genevorine, Sep 8, 2013 @ 00:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I always look at tripadvisor.com

you have all kind of rates and messages about what clients thought about the hotels and restaurants.

I always look at tripadvisor.com

you have all kind of rates and messages about what clients thought about the hotels and restaurants.

MARLISE B, Sep 8, 2013 @ 06:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hotels in the city center are expensive and the rooms are small, so consider taking one that's a bit further away but that takes you to the city center in 20-30 minutes by metro. I can't give you specific recommendations, but websites such as Booking.com can help you. 

Paris has great restaurants but also really bad ones, so don't leave things to chance. If you want to eat well plan ahead. Find some restaurants online (as Marlise suggests - TripAdvisor) and reserve a table. 

Some specific tips:

* Breakfast or brunch at La Duree at Champs-Elysees (close to the Arc). 

* Rather than a large museum (such as the Louvre), consider going to a couple small ones. There are lots, and they take much less time and are much less crowded. My favorite is the Musee Marmottan Monet, because I like the painter. 

* Walk. Don't take the metro for everything. For example, from the Notre Dame and the Champs-Elysees takes about 2 hours and  takes you past the Louvre and through parks. 

Hotels in the city center are expensive and the rooms are small, so consider taking one that's a bit further away but that takes you to the city center in 20-30 minutes by metro. I can't give you specific recommendations, but websites such as Booking.com can help you. 

Paris has great restaurants but also really bad ones, so don't leave things to chance. If you want to eat well plan ahead. Find some restaurants online (as Marlise suggests - TripAdvisor) and reserve a table. 

Some specific tips:

* Breakfast or brunch at La Duree at Champs-Elysees (close to the Arc). 

* Rather than a large museum (such as the Louvre), consider going to a couple small ones. There are lots, and they take much less time and are much less crowded. My favorite is the Musee Marmottan Monet, because I like the painter. 

* Walk. Don't take the metro for everything. For example, from the Notre Dame and the Champs-Elysees takes about 2 hours and  takes you past the Louvre and through parks. 

Edward B, Sep 8, 2013 @ 10:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

I'll have a look, thanks..

I'll have a look, thanks..

genevorine, Sep 9, 2013 @ 00:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

genevorine, Sep 9, 2013 @ 15:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1110 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form