Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > How to get a visa to China in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
How to get a visa to China in Geneva

Hello everyone.

I'm hoping somebody can help me here. I'm about to get tickets to fly through China and I'm doing a layover so I need a visa. Thing is, all the information I've been able to get is that I have to go to Bern to get one and I'm not even sure I can get the visa mailed back to me.

Is there a way to get a visa to China from Geneva ?

Thanks

The text you are quoting:

Hello everyone.

I'm hoping somebody can help me here. I'm about to get tickets to fly through China and I'm doing a layover so I need a visa. Thing is, all the information I've been able to get is that I have to go to Bern to get one and I'm not even sure I can get the visa mailed back to me.

Is there a way to get a visa to China from Geneva ?

Thanks

Alp_Jun 2, 2010 @ 14:09
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

27 Replies | 15457 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: How to get a visa to China in Geneva
Post 1

There is only one other place in Switzerland where you can get a visa, and since that's in Zurich, it's probably not going to help you much. It doesn't seem like there is one anywhere close in France either. And they don't do visa by mail.

It is however possible to have someone deliver it for you, it just requires a bit of additional paperwork. Try asking a travel agency in Geneva, they should be able to do it for you for a small fee.

There is only one other place in Switzerland where you can get a visa, and since that's in Zurich, it's probably not going to help you much. It doesn't seem like there is one anywhere close in France either. And they don't do visa by mail.

It is however possible to have someone deliver it for you, it just requires a bit of additional paperwork. Try asking a travel agency in Geneva, they should be able to do it for you for a small fee.

Jouni, Jun 2, 2010 @ 14:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thanks Jouni. I contacted some travel agencies and they do indeed offer the service. Thanks again for your help :)

Thanks Jouni. I contacted some travel agencies and they do indeed offer the service. Thanks again for your help :)

Alp_, Jun 2, 2010 @ 16:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

You can get your VISA in BERN in half a day (with rush option), be there at the opening hour.

You dont need an agency, unless you want to save the trip to BERN.

For touristist visa, with a Schengen passport, you dont need anything like invitation, flight ticket nor hotel booking...

You can get your VISA in BERN in half a day (with rush option), be there at the opening hour.

For touristist visa, with a Schengen passport, you dont need anything like invitation, flight ticket nor hotel booking...

fredle, Jun 2, 2010 @ 19:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Actually you can go to one of the Geneva based Chinese travel agencies to do it for you. Try search for Eurasia and give them a call. You simply need to drop your passport in their office with an application form, a picture and some cash (sorry can't remember how much it is), they will do it for you. There is an extra service cost but it's better than spending half a day going to Bern just for that. 

Have fun in China!

Actually you can go to one of the Geneva based Chinese travel agencies to do it for you. Try search for Eurasia and give them a call. You simply need to drop your passport in their office with an application form, a picture and some cash (sorry can't remember how much it is), they will do it for you. There is an extra service cost but it's better than spending half a day going to Bern just for that. 

Have fun in China!

leiyao, Jun 2, 2010 @ 21:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Thanks I will try Eurasia :)

Thanks I will try Eurasia :)

Alp_, Jun 3, 2010 @ 11:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

HI, I have the same problem! Boss need to get a visa to China but he (of course) doesn't bother to go to Bern. Anyone have the number of Eurasia or any other agency?

Thanks!

HI, I have the same problem! Boss need to get a visa to China but he (of course) doesn't bother to go to Bern. Anyone have the number of Eurasia or any other agency?

Thanks!

Ankai, Jun 10, 2010 @ 09:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

- u can try this one: 022 732 1559  (tian tan).

- Alternatively, go to bern in the morning and get yr visa on the same day.  With some extra fee, u get a one-year visa which is convenient for frequent "sinophile" travellers or businessman.

- u can try this one: 022 732 1559  (tian tan).

- Alternatively, go to bern in the morning and get yr visa on the same day.  With some extra fee, u get a one-year visa which is convenient for frequent "sinophile" travellers or businessman.

Jimmy123, Jun 10, 2010 @ 10:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

All, this tread has been very useful. I have a further complication and maybe some of you have experienced this.

My husband has UK and Colombian nationalities, swiss permit on the UK passport but has run out of empty pages on this one. Has free pages available on his Colombian passport. Question:

- Do you know if one can get the China visa in Bern on a passport different from the one with the permit? And can we get it same day?

Bit of a long shot but throught I would ask. Thanks! Cat

All, this tread has been very useful. I have a further complication and maybe some of you have experienced this.

My husband has UK and Colombian nationalities, swiss permit on the UK passport but has run out of empty pages on this one. Has free pages available on his Colombian passport. Question:

- Do you know if one can get the China visa in Bern on a passport different from the one with the permit? And can we get it same day?

Bit of a long shot but throught I would ask. Thanks! Cat

Catarina Silva, Nov 16, 2011 @ 22:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi Catarina.

As far as I know, you are obliged to use the same passport to exit and enter a country. This means that your husband would be asked a permit for Switzerland that is linked to the Colombian passport. The best would be to double-check with the Swiss immigration authoritiies, but I also think that you have to show your permit to the Chinese embassy when requesting a visa and that would need to be valid for the Colombian passport then.

In other words, sounds like it's too complicated and won't work. It would probably be easier to request an express-delivery passport from the UK, if it can be done on time.

Good luck.

Hi Catarina.

As far as I know, you are obliged to use the same passport to exit and enter a country. This means that your husband would be asked a permit for Switzerland that is linked to the Colombian passport. The best would be to double-check with the Swiss immigration authoritiies, but I also think that you have to show your permit to the Chinese embassy when requesting a visa and that would need to be valid for the Colombian passport then.

In other words, sounds like it's too complicated and won't work. It would probably be easier to request an express-delivery passport from the UK, if it can be done on time.

Good luck.

Alp_, Nov 16, 2011 @ 23:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

If anyone needs visa to China, you can contact me, I will do this service for you, even on the same day. But it is better to book asap. Tel: 0789714712 Cynthia Zhao from C and J Consulting Limited. 

If anyone needs visa to China, you can contact me, I will do this service for you, even on the same day. But it is better to book asap. Tel: 0789714712 Cynthia Zhao from C and J Consulting Limited. 

Cynthia Z, Aug 5, 2014 @ 14:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

We can even come to your office to pick up and drop off the passport for you. Any questions, please feel free to contact us 0789714712

We can even come to your office to pick up and drop off the passport for you. Any questions, please feel free to contact us 0789714712

Cynthia Z, Aug 5, 2014 @ 14:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Please note there is no any same day visa services from Chinese embassy in Bern anymore, please plan ahead, we need at least 4working days, or normaly 1 week to get your visa. If you need more info, please feel free to contact me anytime. 0789714712

Please note there is no any same day visa services from Chinese embassy in Bern anymore, please plan ahead, we need at least 4working days, or normaly 1 week to get your visa. If you need more info, please feel free to contact me anytime. 0789714712

Cynthia Z, Oct 10, 2014 @ 10:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Jun 2, 10 19:25

Rush option dosen't exist anymore. 

1 week delay is the minimum now.

Rush option dosen't exist anymore. 

1 week delay is the minimum now.

Philippe B, Oct 11, 2014 @ 21:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Due to big delay from the embassy, we now need at least 10 working days to get your visa. For urgent service, we need at least 7days to get your visa. Thanks for your understanding. 0789714712

Due to big delay from the embassy, we now need at least 10 working days to get your visa. For urgent service, we need at least 7days to get your visa. Thanks for your understanding. 0789714712

Cynthia Z, Oct 31, 2014 @ 10:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

U.S. citizens receive ten-year tourism and business visitor visas in China

U.S. citizens receive ten-year tourism and business visitor visas in China

Cynthia Z, Jan 5, 2016 @ 11:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Update: If you wish to apply for double entry to China, now the embassy request your air tickets and hotel bookings for both entries. 

It still request around 10 working days to process a normal tourist visa, so please apply as soon as possible. 

Update: If you wish to apply for double entry to China, now the embassy request your air tickets and hotel bookings for both entries. 

It still request around 10 working days to process a normal tourist visa, so please apply as soon as possible. 

Cynthia Z, Apr 25, 2016 @ 23:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Hi Cynthia,

Do you know anyone who can do this from Lausanne / Vaud area? 

Thanks. 

Hi Cynthia,

Do you know anyone who can do this from Lausanne / Vaud area? 

Thanks. 

Francis O, Jan 20, 2017 @ 10:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Sorry, not really, I can meet you at Geneva Train Station. Sorry.

Sorry, not really, I can meet you at Geneva Train Station. Sorry.

Cynthia Z, Jan 20, 2017 @ 10:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

Hi Cynthia, would I be able to get the 10 year tourist visa even though I'm living in Switzerland? (have a valid US passport)---also, how long would it take for you to get a visa for my husband and me (he has a Swiss passport)? We're traveling to China in early August. 

Hi Cynthia, would I be able to get the 10 year tourist visa even though I'm living in Switzerland? (have a valid US passport)---also, how long would it take for you to get a visa for my husband and me (he has a Swiss passport)? We're traveling to China in early August. 

Ann N, Jun 16, 2017 @ 08:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

Hi, Ann,

It is possible to get 10 years visa in Geneva, we have done several cases already for US citizen here. I will pm you my contact so you can send your information to our email. 

Talk to you soon. 

Cynthia

Hi, Ann,

It is possible to get 10 years visa in Geneva, we have done several cases already for US citizen here. I will pm you my contact so you can send your information to our email. 

Talk to you soon. 

Cynthia

Cynthia Z, Jun 19, 2017 @ 16:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Hi,

Does anyone knows the cost of the visa service done via agency ? thanks. 

Hi,

Does anyone knows the cost of the visa service done via agency ? thanks. 

Catalina A, Dec 19, 2017 @ 16:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

Hi. I'm from Viselio, an online visa agent.
Viselio is obtaining tourist and business visas for China. The office is in Bern, but you don't have to go there in person. You can just apply online on our website (http://viselio.com/visas/china) and the prices are starting from 75CHF. You only have to fill the online application forms, sign them and send them along with your passport to our address.
It's super easy and you won't waste time queuing yourself.
Plus, their shipping is free!

Hi. I'm from Viselio, an online visa agent.
Viselio is obtaining tourist and business visas for China. The office is in Bern, but you don't have to go there in person. You can just apply online on our website (http://viselio.com/visas/china) and the prices are starting from 75CHF. You only have to fill the online application forms, sign them and send them along with your passport to our address.
It's super easy and you won't waste time queuing yourself.
Plus, their shipping is free!

Nik Z, Dec 20, 2017 @ 12:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

Hi, Catalina,

We offer a little bit more expensive than the above online service, as we can provide door-to-door service within Geneva area, meanwhile, we will help you to fill the visa application form and check through all documents in person. Hassel free and super-fast! If you are interested, please feel free to contact us any time via 0789714712. We have done more than a few hundreds of applications. 100% successful rate so far. Welcome anyone to make enquiry.

Hi, Catalina,

We offer a little bit more expensive than the above online service, as we can provide door-to-door service within Geneva area, meanwhile, we will help you to fill the visa application form and check through all documents in person. Hassel free and super-fast! If you are interested, please feel free to contact us any time via 0789714712. We have done more than a few hundreds of applications. 100% successful rate so far. Welcome anyone to make enquiry.

Cynthia Z, Dec 20, 2017 @ 23:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24

I need to get a Chinese visa for my boss who is in Zurich on vacation. He is a US citizen from NY. He needs this visa by Friday the 23rd as he is traveling from Zurich to Japan and then traveling from Japan to China. 

Can he go to the Chinese consulate in Zurich himself to get this done even if he is not residing in Switzerland? How long will that take to process?

Are there any services that can do this on his behalf next week?

I need to get a Chinese visa for my boss who is in Zurich on vacation. He is a US citizen from NY. He needs this visa by Friday the 23rd as he is traveling from Zurich to Japan and then traveling from Japan to China. 

Can he go to the Chinese consulate in Zurich himself to get this done even if he is not residing in Switzerland? How long will that take to process?

Are there any services that can do this on his behalf next week?

Rod Riley, Mar 16, 2018 @ 18:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25

Hi, Rod,

The problem here is that he is US resident, only Swiss resident could apply for Chinese visa in Swizterland, so unfortunately Chinese consulate will not be able to accept his visa application. However, he might be eligiable for 72hour visa free transit in China, so please contact me via mobile 0789714712 to discuss further.

Hi, Rod,

The problem here is that he is US resident, only Swiss resident could apply for Chinese visa in Swizterland, so unfortunately Chinese consulate will not be able to accept his visa application. However, he might be eligiable for 72hour visa free transit in China, so please contact me via mobile 0789714712 to discuss further.

Cynthia Z, Mar 21, 2018 @ 10:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26

Great news, now you can apply for Chinese visa with G permit(cross-border commuter), please feel free to contact me if you wish to apply. 

Great news, now you can apply for Chinese visa with G permit(cross-border commuter), please feel free to contact me if you wish to apply. 

Cynthia Z, Sep 10, 2018 @ 17:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 27

Please note from 2019 March, all Geneva area Chinese visa applications should be submitted Chinese Visa Center, not Chinese embassy anymore. Please message us if you need any service from us. We can pick up your documents in Geneva area and return it back to you once we get your visa. 
Urgent case please call 0789714712

New Visa Center Address: 1st Stock, Murifeld, Weltpoststrasse 5, 3015, Bern, Switzerland

Business hours: 
Monday-Friday,Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.

Application submission and payment time:
Regular and Express service (Level 2) applications submission and payment: 9:00 to 15:00.
Express service (Level 1) applications submission and payment: 9:00 to 11:00.

Passport Collection time: 
Passport collection for regular and express service (Level 2): 9:00 to 16:00.
Passport collection for express service (Level 1): Next working day 12:00 to 16:00.
Please note: Applicants requesting express service will be charged an extra visa fee and service fee. Applications for express service(Level 1) must be lodged at the CVASC counter before 11:00 noon Monday to Friday.

Please note from 2019 March, all Geneva area Chinese visa applications should be submitted Chinese Visa Center, not Chinese embassy anymore. Please message us if you need any service from us. We can pick up your documents in Geneva area and return it back to you once we get your visa. 
Urgent case please call 0789714712

New Visa Center Address: 1st Stock, Murifeld, Weltpoststrasse 5, 3015, Bern, Switzerland

Business hours: 
Monday-Friday,Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.

Application submission and payment time:
Regular and Express service (Level 2) applications submission and payment: 9:00 to 15:00.
Express service (Level 1) applications submission and payment: 9:00 to 11:00.

Passport Collection time: 
Passport collection for regular and express service (Level 2): 9:00 to 16:00.
Passport collection for express service (Level 1): Next working day 12:00 to 16:00.
Please note: Applicants requesting express service will be charged an extra visa fee and service fee. Applications for express service(Level 1) must be lodged at the CVASC counter before 11:00 noon Monday to Friday.

Cynthia Z, Jun 27, 2019 @ 15:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
27 Replies | 15457 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form