Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Information on place to stay and fun things to do in Madrid

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Information on place to stay and fun things to do in Madrid
I am booking a trip to Madrid the second weekend of September for 3 nights and 4 days.

I like to stay in the city center, or old town area. Anybody suggest a place to stay which is nice not too expensive?

Also how to get from the airport to the city, what are the must to see and do things there.

Thanks a lot

Jing

The text you are quoting:
I am booking a trip to Madrid the second weekend of September for 3 nights and 4 days.

I like to stay in the city center, or old town area. Anybody suggest a place to stay which is nice not too expensive?

Also how to get from the airport to the city, what are the must to see and do things there.

Thanks a lot

Jing
GVAInfoJul 23, 2008 @ 23:40

Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 2150 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Information on place to stay and fun things to do in Madrid
Post 1
Hi, there is a metro from the airport to the city. :) Enjoy this great city! Golareh :)
Hi, there is a metro from the airport to the city. :) Enjoy this great city! Golareh :)
Golareh, Aug 15, 2008 @ 01:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Hi Jing,
Where to stay depends if you are going alone or with someone else, and if you could use a shared bedroom.
This is a good spanish page to find hotels, althoug is in spanish, it's not complicated to navigate there:
http://www.atrapalo.com/hoteles/

About what to do, it depends on what you like:
cultural things:
Museo El Prado
Museo Reina Sofia
Museo Thyssen
Plenty of churches in the city

Sightseeing:
Plaza Mayor
Sol
Parque del Oeste
Templo de Debod

Eating out:
Go to "La Latina" or "La Cava Baja", "La Cava Alta" fofr dinner, there you can eat very nice tapas (just pick a bar you like). Ah, remember, spanish eating time is a little bit later than swiss times. You should go around 21:00.
There is also a food chain that seem to be very attractive for foreigners in spain, it's called "100 Montaditos"

Night
Go around "Plaza Santa Ana" and then through "Calle de Las Huertas", typicall spanish night life there.

Hope this helps :)

Javier

[quote]I am bookinga trip to Madrid the second weekend of September for 3 nights and 4 days.

Thanks a lot

Jing[/quote]

Hi Jing,
Where to stay depends if you are going alone or with someone else, and if you could use a shared bedroom.
This is a good spanish page to find hotels, althoug is in spanish, it's not complicated to navigate there:
http://www.atrapalo.com/hoteles/

About what to do, it depends on what you like:
cultural things:
Museo El Prado
Museo Reina Sofia
Museo Thyssen
Plenty of churches in the city

Sightseeing:
Plaza Mayor
Sol
Parque del Oeste
Templo de Debod

Eating out:
Go to "La Latina" or "La Cava Baja", "La Cava Alta" fofr dinner, there you can eat very nice tapas (just pick a bar you like). Ah, remember, spanish eating time is a little bit later than swiss times. You should go around 21:00.
There is also a food chain that seem to be very attractive for foreigners in spain, it's called "100 Montaditos"

Night
Go around "Plaza Santa Ana" and then through "Calle de Las Huertas", typicall spanish night life there.

Hope this helps :)

Javier

[quote]I am bookinga trip to Madrid the second weekend of September for 3 nights and 4 days.

Thanks a lot

Jing[/quote]
jpiscoya, Aug 15, 2008 @ 15:54

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Thanks a lot Javier. This is very useful. I cannot really understand the Spanish.

Just wondering which part of the city is considering as the old town therefore, easy walking around without taking bus or taxi?

I believe the city is big and charming.

Thanks

Jing

Thanks a lot Javier. This is very useful. I cannot really understand the Spanish.

Just wondering which part of the city is considering as the old town therefore, easy walking around without taking bus or taxi?

Thanks

Jing
GVAInfo, Sep 4, 2008 @ 17:35

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Hi jing,
I would say the old town is around Metro station Sol, you can easily walk from Sol to Callao, Plaza Mayor (no metro station), Gran Via, Cibeles (banco de España station), Paseo del Prado (near Ciebeles), Retiro Park, Opera/Royal Palace.

Here is the link to the metro plan:
http://www.metromadrid.es/acc_resources/pdfs/Plano_Metro_2008.pdf

Madrid is big, however, the touristic area is not that big, to go out apart from La Latina, Alonso Martinez, Chueca (gay neighbourhood but great place to find nice restaurants) are the best two areas.

If you need any help with the hotel booking, jusst let me know, it's not that difficult ;)

Have a nice trip to Madrid!

[quote]Thanks a lot Javier. This is very useful. I cannot really understand the Spanish.

Thanks

Jing[/quote]

Hi jing,
I would say the old town is around Metro station Sol, you can easily walk from Sol to Callao, Plaza Mayor (no metro station), Gran Via, Cibeles (banco de España station), Paseo del Prado (near Ciebeles), Retiro Park, Opera/Royal Palace.

Here is the link to the metro plan:
http://www.metromadrid.es/acc_resources/pdfs/Plano_Metro_2008.pdf

Madrid is big, however, the touristic area is not that big, to go out apart from La Latina, Alonso Martinez, Chueca (gay neighbourhood but great place to find nice restaurants) are the best two areas.

If you need any help with the hotel booking, jusst let me know, it's not that difficult ;)

Have a nice trip to Madrid!

[quote]Thanks a lot Javier. This is very useful. I cannot really understand the Spanish.

Thanks

Jing[/quote]
jpiscoya, Sep 4, 2008 @ 17:58

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Thanks for the map and Info. That is very helpful. Appreciate your help on hotels. All the sites I tried are showing very expensive 2-3 stars hotels those near old town.

I will be alone just want a place comfortable and near walking old town.

Can you reach me by my email [email protected] or my number 0795660308 for further help please?

Thanks a million

Thanks for the map and Info. That is very helpful. Appreciate your help on hotels. All the sites I tried are showing very expensive 2-3 stars hotels those near old town.

I will be alone just want a place comfortable and near walking old town.

Can you reach me by my email [email protected] or my number 0795660308 for further help please?

Thanks a million
GVAInfo, Sep 6, 2008 @ 22:23

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 2150 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form