Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Italy beach

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Italy beach

What is the best closest seeside beach in Italy from Montreux for a long weekend? Any tips?

The text you are quoting:

What is the best closest seeside beach in Italy from Montreux for a long weekend? Any tips?

ayse uralMay 24, 2016 @ 17:51
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 3723 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Italy beach
Post 1

Go to GVA. Take Easyjet to Olbia, and drive a short ride to Cala Brandinchi, near San Teodoro (http://www.sardinianbeaches.com/beaches-of-sardinia/north-east/san-teodoro/cala-brandinchi-beach/). You won't be disappointed. It's going to take you few hours of traveling, but not more than you would need to drive to the nearer spots on Liguria's coast. Plus, in Sardinia the sea is way better and the beach is made of white sand (as opposed to small stones, like in Liguria).

Go to GVA. Take Easyjet to Olbia, and drive a short ride to Cala Brandinchi, near San Teodoro (http://www.sardinianbeaches.com/beaches-of-sardinia/north-east/san-teodoro/cala-brandinchi-beach/). You won't be disappointed. It's going to take you few hours of traveling, but not more than you would need to drive to the nearer spots on Liguria's coast. Plus, in Sardinia the sea is way better and the beach is made of white sand (as opposed to small stones, like in Liguria).

Diego T, May 24, 2016 @ 18:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Diego, looks awesome!

You got me.

thx

Diego, looks awesome!

You got me.

thx

ayse ural, May 24, 2016 @ 19:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thanks, Diego. Great tip about Cala Brandinchi. Looks great. Though whoever wrote the content of the page where the link takes you, must have fallen asleep during geography classes in school:

"Being one of the most beautiful and famous beaches of Sardinia, it is known as ‘Little Tahiti’, because of the Caribbean-style colors of its waters."

Ayse, Diego is right that the beaches in the Italian Riviera tend to be pebbly, even if some of the seaside towns are picturesque. Alassio, in Savona, is about the closest which has the closest thing to a sandy beach. It is about 500 kms from Montreux, unless you take the E62 and go through the mountain pass, which will slow you down. At least a 5 hour drive.

Thanks, Diego. Great tip about Cala Brandinchi. Looks great. Though whoever wrote the content of the page where the link takes you, must have fallen asleep during geography classes in school:

"Being one of the most beautiful and famous beaches of Sardinia, it is known as ‘Little Tahiti’, because of the Caribbean-style colors of its waters."

Ayse, Diego is right that the beaches in the Italian Riviera tend to be pebbly, even if some of the seaside towns are picturesque. Alassio, in Savona, is about the closest which has the closest thing to a sandy beach. It is about 500 kms from Montreux, unless you take the E62 and go through the mountain pass, which will slow you down. At least a 5 hour drive.

JR M, May 24, 2016 @ 20:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Mrb Ayse! I suggest you Cinqueterre (in Spezia), an authentic village ön the seaside. It is one my favorite places. Sardinia is also very nice but it is distant, it is not convenient for a w-end unless you take the flight. If you go by car Cinqueterre and other towns around is the best destination for a long w-end. Enjoy, 

Haluk 

Mrb Ayse! I suggest you Cinqueterre (in Spezia), an authentic village ön the seaside. It is one my favorite places. Sardinia is also very nice but it is distant, it is not convenient for a w-end unless you take the flight. If you go by car Cinqueterre and other towns around is the best destination for a long w-end. Enjoy, 

Haluk 

haluk h, May 25, 2016 @ 10:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Thanks guys! you gave me some food for thought over the weekend..

Thanks guys! you gave me some food for thought over the weekend..

ayse ural, May 27, 2016 @ 20:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

anyway the flight to south of italy are cheaps - Geneva-Zurich-Calabria (Lamezia Terme) for exemple in 4 hours.

anyway the flight to south of italy are cheaps - Geneva-Zurich-Calabria (Lamezia Terme) for exemple in 4 hours.

alessandro c, May 28, 2016 @ 10:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 3723 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form