Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Learning to drive in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Learning to drive in Geneva

Hi!

I am non french speaking and would like to learn how to drive. I heard that the exam is conducted in french in Geneva. If I want a english examination centre, it has to be at Bern. Is that true?

Also anyone has a rough estimation of the cost and the steps and time needed to complete learning?

The text you are quoting:

Hi!

I am non french speaking and would like to learn how to drive. I heard that the exam is conducted in french in Geneva. If I want a english examination centre, it has to be at Bern. Is that true?

Also anyone has a rough estimation of the cost and the steps and time needed to complete learning?

ellene khoMay 4, 2018 @ 18:21
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1615 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Learning to drive in Geneva
Post 1

HI Ellene,

I strongly advice not to do it unless you are planning to stay in GVA for a long period-years- and if you really need a car. The process it's really expensive, long, and over complicated, not to mention that it's "impossible" to pass the exam at the first try even if you are Michael Schumager. 
Even for swiss citicens to get the driving license it's difficult.

I suggest to find out if a driving license from your country could be valid in GVA, and try to get it there, or ask for an international driving license, I had one when i first arrived here and it's valid for around a year.

Cheers!

http://ge.ch/vehicules/permis-de-conduire-et-permis-deleve#

HI Ellene,

I strongly advice not to do it unless you are planning to stay in GVA for a long period-years- and if you really need a car. The process it's really expensive, long, and over complicated, not to mention that it's "impossible" to pass the exam at the first try even if you are Michael Schumager. 
Even for swiss citicens to get the driving license it's difficult.

I suggest to find out if a driving license from your country could be valid in GVA, and try to get it there, or ask for an international driving license, I had one when i first arrived here and it's valid for around a year.

Cheers!

http://ge.ch/vehicules/permis-de-conduire-et-permis-deleve#

Jacobo A, May 5, 2018 @ 10:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Learning to drive in Geneva
Post 2

Best is taking Singapore license exchange to Swiss one.

Best is taking Singapore license exchange to Swiss one.

Sam D, May 5, 2018 @ 23:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1615 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form