Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Looking for recommendations on my trip to Georgia

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Looking for recommendations on my trip to Georgia

I am planning to take my brother and sisters to Georgia for one week in September. Can you advise interesting places to visit and unique things to do? Thank you!

The text you are quoting:

I am planning to take my brother and sisters to Georgia for one week in September. Can you advise interesting places to visit and unique things to do? Thank you!

gulchatayJan 14, 2017 @ 21:19
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1359 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Looking for recommendations on my trip to Georgia
Post 1

Georgia is one of those trips I will never forget. I suggest you reach out Natalia Andronikashvili. She was a fantastic tour guide. We (a couple) arranged a few days with her and a private driver. One day they took us north of Tbilisi to Mt. Kazbegi. The next day we went into wine country (Kakheti). We really appreciated having someone drive us around. I doubt we would have seen as much otherwise. You can tell her Javier (who did her tours in August 2015) recommended her, so she knows she's remembered fondly: https://www.facebook.com/georgia.tourguide

In Tbilisi we stayed in a couple of areas. I recommend staying by Freedom Sq.: your feet will appreciate not having to climb a hill to get to your hotel. There are tons of great restaurants in Tbilisi, but one of our favorites was Gabriadze, not only for the food but also the beauty of the place.

Also, Entree, which is a café chain, has the most delicious, decadent, moisty brownies I've ever had. Never thought I'd find the best brownie somewhere other than the States.  

Georgia is one of those trips I will never forget. I suggest you reach out Natalia Andronikashvili. She was a fantastic tour guide. We (a couple) arranged a few days with her and a private driver. One day they took us north of Tbilisi to Mt. Kazbegi. The next day we went into wine country (Kakheti). We really appreciated having someone drive us around. I doubt we would have seen as much otherwise. You can tell her Javier (who did her tours in August 2015) recommended her, so she knows she's remembered fondly: https://www.facebook.com/georgia.tourguide

In Tbilisi we stayed in a couple of areas. I recommend staying by Freedom Sq.: your feet will appreciate not having to climb a hill to get to your hotel. There are tons of great restaurants in Tbilisi, but one of our favorites was Gabriadze, not only for the food but also the beauty of the place.

Also, Entree, which is a café chain, has the most delicious, decadent, moisty brownies I've ever had. Never thought I'd find the best brownie somewhere other than the States.  

Javier S, Jan 15, 2017 @ 02:36
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
Re: Looking for recommendations on my trip to Georgia
Post 2

Thank you, Javier!

Thank you, Javier!

gulchatay, Jan 15, 2017 @ 11:12