Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Looking for tips for a hike from Geneva to Jura mountains

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Looking for tips for a hike from Geneva to Jura mountains

Hello Cool,

I am planning for a day-long easy hike from Geneva Gare Cornavin to Jura Mountains on this Saturaday. What would be the best hiking route?

I found we can take bus F from Gare to Gex. Anyone knows how we get to la Faucille by public transport afterwards?

Thanks you and have a nice rest of the week.

The text you are quoting:

Hello Cool,

I am planning for a day-long easy hike from Geneva Gare Cornavin to Jura Mountains on this Saturaday. What would be the best hiking route?

I found we can take bus F from Gare to Gex. Anyone knows how we get to la Faucille by public transport afterwards?

Thanks you and have a nice rest of the week.

Xinyan LAug 19, 2015 @ 13:59
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1997 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Looking for tips for a hike from Geneva to Jura mountains
Post 1

As far as I know there is no public transport to Col de la Faucille at this time of year, only in the ski season. So you would have to walk up from Gex, or from Thoiry which is accessible on the Y bus.You can even link these two via the ridgeline of the 'crete de la neige', for a fantastic (but strenuous) day's hike.

To get to the top without climbing, the only option is to walk from Gex to Crozet (which is flat) and take the cablecar from there.

The text you are quoting:

As far as I know there is no public transport to Col de la Faucille at this time of year, only in the ski season. So you would have to walk up from Gex, or from Thoiry which is accessible on the Y bus.You can even link these two via the ridgeline of the 'crete de la neige', for a fantastic (but strenuous) day's hike.

To get to the top without climbing, the only option is to walk from Gex to Crozet (which is flat) and take the cablecar from there.

adam_jeff, Aug 19, 2015 @ 16:51
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 1997 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form