Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Meeting friends in Zurich airport

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Meeting friends in Zurich airport

My good friend from the States is traveling with her family in December. On their way back, they'll stop in Zurich and will have a layover of 4 hours in the morning, before flying back to US. I'm planning to meet them in Zurich and was thinking about taking the train. Knowing that they won't have that much time to get out of the airport, and I will need to find them quickly in order to have a little bit of time with them, does anyone know where would be the best place to meet, between the airport and the train station (airport train station of course). I don't know Zurich at all and won't be able to go there beforehand, to check this myself.

Thanks in advance for any advice you could give me.

Myriam

The text you are quoting:

My good friend from the States is traveling with her family in December. On their way back, they'll stop in Zurich and will have a layover of 4 hours in the morning, before flying back to US. I'm planning to meet them in Zurich and was thinking about taking the train. Knowing that they won't have that much time to get out of the airport, and I will need to find them quickly in order to have a little bit of time with them, does anyone know where would be the best place to meet, between the airport and the train station (airport train station of course). I don't know Zurich at all and won't be able to go there beforehand, to check this myself.

Thanks in advance for any advice you could give me.

Myriam

Myriam AJul 5, 2014 @ 00:05
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 2193 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Meeting friends in Zurich airport
Post 1

Hey Myriam - the easiest (and nicest!) place to meet is the Radisson Blu Hotel - Zurich Airport.  The train station terminal (like GVA) is directly linked to the airport and the hotel is also actually in the Airport Terminal Building (well 2-minute walkway).  

I've held business meetings in the Hotel when we've all been travelling to and from Lausanne for the day and it's all very easy.

They have an amazing bar on the ground floor, called the Angel Tower Bar which is a massive, lit-up, tower of wine bottles with angels swinging around - you can't miss it!

Alternatively, if they have time to come out of the airport and take the train into Zurich Station, you could meet them at the famous Swarovski Christmas Tree in the station concourse.  

Personally, though, I think it would be stress-free to stay at the airport for a few hours.  

Hope it goes well! xx

Hey Myriam - the easiest (and nicest!) place to meet is the Radisson Blu Hotel - Zurich Airport.  The train station terminal (like GVA) is directly linked to the airport and the hotel is also actually in the Airport Terminal Building (well 2-minute walkway).  

I've held business meetings in the Hotel when we've all been travelling to and from Lausanne for the day and it's all very easy.

They have an amazing bar on the ground floor, called the Angel Tower Bar which is a massive, lit-up, tower of wine bottles with angels swinging around - you can't miss it!

Alternatively, if they have time to come out of the airport and take the train into Zurich Station, you could meet them at the famous Swarovski Christmas Tree in the station concourse.  

Personally, though, I think it would be stress-free to stay at the airport for a few hours.  

Hope it goes well! xx

Carolyn C, Jul 5, 2014 @ 12:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Meeting friends in Zurich airport
Post 2

Thank you Carolyn, for your suggestions, my friends are coming soon, and I'm looking forward to seeing them for a little while before they head back to the States.

I think the Raddisson hotel is a great place to find each other. Is that the place you can see on the picture?

Thank you Carolyn, for your suggestions, my friends are coming soon, and I'm looking forward to seeing them for a little while before they head back to the States.

I think the Raddisson hotel is a great place to find each other. Is that the place you can see on the picture?

Myriam A, Nov 29, 2014 @ 11:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 2193 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form