Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Never fly British Airways

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Never fly British Airways

You will never understand how precious your home country until you travel and be exposed to the world. Last night British Airways cancelled my son's internal flight Manchester London few hours before its departure without giving him an alternative or refund. He  had to take a six hours early bus from Sheffield to Heathrow to catch his international flight to Cairo. Guess what they refused to board him on the flight because he didn't start his journey with the internal flight which was cancelled by them! He is stuck in Heathrow airport without money! He asked for a manager and finally they will give him a night in an hotel near the airport and hopefully will place him on tomorrow's flight. How can this happen to a student returning alone with a confirmed ticke! How can we get refunded for the internal flight and compensated fo the worrying and this delay? Never fly British Airways.

The text you are quoting:

You will never understand how precious your home country until you travel and be exposed to the world. Last night British Airways cancelled my son's internal flight Manchester London few hours before its departure without giving him an alternative or refund. He  had to take a six hours early bus from Sheffield to Heathrow to catch his international flight to Cairo. Guess what they refused to board him on the flight because he didn't start his journey with the internal flight which was cancelled by them! He is stuck in Heathrow airport without money! He asked for a manager and finally they will give him a night in an hotel near the airport and hopefully will place him on tomorrow's flight. How can this happen to a student returning alone with a confirmed ticke! How can we get refunded for the internal flight and compensated fo the worrying and this delay? Never fly British Airways.

Nahed ZDec 18, 2016 @ 18:53
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1690 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Never fly British Airways
Post 1

Surprising.

A few years ago, I was in Tôkyô airport, ready to embark my BA flight back to CH when the volcano Eyjafjallajökull in Iceland interrupted aerial traffic in Europe.

BA took care of absolutely everything entirely free of charge.

First 3 days: they arranged a tranfer to a hotel near Narita airport (breakfast and supper included). Some of the people in our stranded group even complained that there was no shuttle back to the hotel for lunch (we were spending time at the airport seeing if we could get a way to get back home), so they gave us vouchers for free food at the airport.

Next 3 days: we couldn't stay in the hotel (fully booked), so they transfered us to the Hilton in Tôkyô Bay, with vouchers for their buffet (breakfast, lunch and supper - sushi, beef teriyaki burgers, chinese dumplings galore, to name only a few... Yum!)

Finally we could go back using a southern route. And although we landed in Rome around midnight, with flight for other parts of Europe early the next morning, they still managed to get us a hotel for the short night.

In short, BA has been phenomenally awesome.

Surprising.

A few years ago, I was in Tôkyô airport, ready to embark my BA flight back to CH when the volcano Eyjafjallajökull in Iceland interrupted aerial traffic in Europe.

BA took care of absolutely everything entirely free of charge.

First 3 days: they arranged a tranfer to a hotel near Narita airport (breakfast and supper included). Some of the people in our stranded group even complained that there was no shuttle back to the hotel for lunch (we were spending time at the airport seeing if we could get a way to get back home), so they gave us vouchers for free food at the airport.

Next 3 days: we couldn't stay in the hotel (fully booked), so they transfered us to the Hilton in Tôkyô Bay, with vouchers for their buffet (breakfast, lunch and supper - sushi, beef teriyaki burgers, chinese dumplings galore, to name only a few... Yum!)

Finally we could go back using a southern route. And although we landed in Rome around midnight, with flight for other parts of Europe early the next morning, they still managed to get us a hotel for the short night.

In short, BA has been phenomenally awesome.

Casuistik, Dec 19, 2016 @ 03:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I wish the same service was given to my son. As you mentioned this happened to you few years ago apparently there was a deterioration in the company or they are overwhelmed 

I wish the same service was given to my son. As you mentioned this happened to you few years ago apparently there was a deterioration in the company or they are overwhelmed 

Nahed Z, Dec 19, 2016 @ 07:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I too have had good experience with BA, American Airlines are the worst followed by Air France

I too have had good experience with BA, American Airlines are the worst followed by Air France

emadysh, Dec 19, 2016 @ 08:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

I would guess your son is entitled to several hundred euros of compensation. http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/air/index_en.htm

I would guess your son is entitled to several hundred euros of compensation. http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/air/index_en.htm

Neil D, Dec 19, 2016 @ 10:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

BA is ok when it works - Ive had great experiences with them and some bad experiences with them. i seem to have more issues with Heathrow rather than BA. 

BA is ok when it works - Ive had great experiences with them and some bad experiences with them. i seem to have more issues with Heathrow rather than BA. 

Eric Pallistrini, Dec 19, 2016 @ 11:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1690 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form