Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Praha advices on what to visit, cheap accomdation ....

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Praha advices on what to visit, cheap accomdation ....

Hello,

I need somes advices :
-  Where to visite in Praha ? On what to visit there ?
-  Cheap accomodation with big suitcase ?
-  How to get Ostrava the cheapest from Praha ? How much fee ? Timetable ?

-  Where to visite in Ostrava ? On what to visit there ?

Thanks.

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

I need somes advices :
-  Where to visite in Praha ? On what to visit there ?
-  Cheap accomodation with big suitcase ?
-  How to get Ostrava the cheapest from Praha ? How much fee ? Timetable ?

-  Where to visite in Ostrava ? On what to visit there ?

Thanks.

lamping LApr 25, 2013 @ 02:50
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

12 Replies | 1611 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Praha advices on what to visit, cheap accomdation ....
Post 1

Last time in Prague, I stayed in the Three Crowns

http://www.tripadvisor.de/Hotel_Review-g274707-d276853-Reviews-Hotel_U_Tri_Korunek_Three_Crowns-Prague_Bohemia.html

which costs about 100 CHF per night. Not the cheapest place to stay and not too central (20 mins walk to center) but a nice hotel.

Some of my favourite restaurants were:

http://www.tripadvisor.de/Restaurant_Review-g274707-d793134-Reviews-Lehka_Hlava_Clear_Head-Prague_Bohemia.html

which is a vegitarien one, very small and very sought after, so don't go without a reservation during main meal times.

http://www.tripadvisor.de/Restaurant_Review-g274707-d781702-Reviews-Lemon_Leaf-Prague_Bohemia.html

which serves Thai food. Not cheap, but good value.

http://www.tripadvisor.de/Restaurant_Review-g274707-d819580-Reviews-U_Kroka-Prague_Bohemia.html

and last but not least, the place to go if you love pork, beer and want to eat traditional food.

What to see in Prague? Main attraction is the castle, I guess, there are some nice museums, depending on your interests. Mostly, I just like to walk around and do a mix of sightseeing and shopping.

Last time in Prague, I stayed in the Three Crowns

http://www.tripadvisor.de/Hotel_Review-g274707-d276853-Reviews-Hotel_U_Tri_Korunek_Three_Crowns-Prague_Bohemia.html

which costs about 100 CHF per night. Not the cheapest place to stay and not too central (20 mins walk to center) but a nice hotel.

Some of my favourite restaurants were:

http://www.tripadvisor.de/Restaurant_Review-g274707-d793134-Reviews-Lehka_Hlava_Clear_Head-Prague_Bohemia.html

which is a vegitarien one, very small and very sought after, so don't go without a reservation during main meal times.

http://www.tripadvisor.de/Restaurant_Review-g274707-d781702-Reviews-Lemon_Leaf-Prague_Bohemia.html

which serves Thai food. Not cheap, but good value.

http://www.tripadvisor.de/Restaurant_Review-g274707-d819580-Reviews-U_Kroka-Prague_Bohemia.html

and last but not least, the place to go if you love pork, beer and want to eat traditional food.

What to see in Prague? Main attraction is the castle, I guess, there are some nice museums, depending on your interests. Mostly, I just like to walk around and do a mix of sightseeing and shopping.

Alan S, Apr 25, 2013 @ 15:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thanks Seasch.

When I'll be there, I go out all day. That means max 30 frs a day just for sleeping.
As for food, I prefer the specialties of the country if they are not too expensive.
For the town, I'll buy a ticket for sightseeing tour first. But surely there are some very special areas to visit with the public transport.

And what a bout the standard of living compared to Switzerland ?

Thanks Seasch.

When I'll be there, I go out all day. That means max 30 frs a day just for sleeping.
As for food, I prefer the specialties of the country if they are not too expensive.
For the town, I'll buy a ticket for sightseeing tour first. But surely there are some very special areas to visit with the public transport.

And what a bout the standard of living compared to Switzerland ?

lamping L, Apr 25, 2013 @ 17:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

What are the specialties of food of this country?

What are the specialties of food of this country?

lamping L, Apr 25, 2013 @ 17:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Prague is still cheaper than Switzerland (which place isn't?) but many prices are similiar.

When I was younger, I stayed in Abitohotel. It is not in the center, but quite cheap:

http://www.tripadvisor.de/Hotel_Review-g274707-d2507706-Reviews-Hotel_Abito-Prague_Bohemia.html

I travel a lot and use tripadvisor.com

Czech cuisine is similiar to other Eastern European countries. Soups like goulash are followed by pork dishes, often served with dumplings and cabbage / Sauerkraut. Beer plays a major role! The U Kroka has a huge selection of beers and was the only restaurant I went to eat twice.

Most sights are in walking distance, so if you stay at the Abito, you ll just need to take the sub to the center and walk around.

Prague is still cheaper than Switzerland (which place isn't?) but many prices are similiar.

When I was younger, I stayed in Abitohotel. It is not in the center, but quite cheap:

http://www.tripadvisor.de/Hotel_Review-g274707-d2507706-Reviews-Hotel_Abito-Prague_Bohemia.html

I travel a lot and use tripadvisor.com

Czech cuisine is similiar to other Eastern European countries. Soups like goulash are followed by pork dishes, often served with dumplings and cabbage / Sauerkraut. Beer plays a major role! The U Kroka has a huge selection of beers and was the only restaurant I went to eat twice.

Most sights are in walking distance, so if you stay at the Abito, you ll just need to take the sub to the center and walk around.

Alan S, Apr 25, 2013 @ 17:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi ! I was there 3 years working there

Hotel, cheap clean and classy (which is impossible in prague, being inflationated): the only choice is Czech Inn and Miss Sophie; same owner, nice staff perfect location and very trustable, with possibility for an amazing breakfast at 5 euro!

Places to visit: well this is the most beautiful season to visit Prague.

Enjoy Visehrad, Letenske Sady and Riegrovy Sady. 3 amazing and well mantained gardens, with amazing view of the 2 castles of Prague, river and downtown.

Have a stroll in one of the islands, maybe by pedalo. Enjoy all the Golem Area (legendary, next to the castle) and the Royal Gardens, where you can taste good moravian or bohemian wine for 5 euro roughly

Dont miss the Charles Bridge, and try to avoid peak time, as it gets full and crowded

Still, have a visit to one of the 16 sinagogues and some historical cemeteries

Prague is beautiful when empty, and it offers best photo shots

Honestly, i love it all. If you have extra time, go to Zizkov/jiriho z podebrad, a very vital universitary area. Avoid red light district and Muzeum area, full of junkies and scamers

If you drive, beware alchool tolerance s zero! Fair enough, the metro runs all night long, almost

It's a city of contraddictions. Read a bit of it's history, derived from many influences. Medieval, baroque, liberty. Architectural looks amazing. Avoid all hostels and all hotels, apart sugested ones

And if you got time, visit Brno, i really worth a small tour!

pM me for more details and enjoy cheap beers (1€ pint)

Hi ! I was there 3 years working there

Hotel, cheap clean and classy (which is impossible in prague, being inflationated): the only choice is Czech Inn and Miss Sophie; same owner, nice staff perfect location and very trustable, with possibility for an amazing breakfast at 5 euro!

Places to visit: well this is the most beautiful season to visit Prague.

Enjoy Visehrad, Letenske Sady and Riegrovy Sady. 3 amazing and well mantained gardens, with amazing view of the 2 castles of Prague, river and downtown.

Have a stroll in one of the islands, maybe by pedalo. Enjoy all the Golem Area (legendary, next to the castle) and the Royal Gardens, where you can taste good moravian or bohemian wine for 5 euro roughly

Dont miss the Charles Bridge, and try to avoid peak time, as it gets full and crowded

Still, have a visit to one of the 16 sinagogues and some historical cemeteries

Prague is beautiful when empty, and it offers best photo shots

Honestly, i love it all. If you have extra time, go to Zizkov/jiriho z podebrad, a very vital universitary area. Avoid red light district and Muzeum area, full of junkies and scamers

If you drive, beware alchool tolerance s zero! Fair enough, the metro runs all night long, almost

It's a city of contraddictions. Read a bit of it's history, derived from many influences. Medieval, baroque, liberty. Architectural looks amazing. Avoid all hostels and all hotels, apart sugested ones

And if you got time, visit Brno, i really worth a small tour!

pM me for more details and enjoy cheap beers (1€ pint)

Massimiliano F, Apr 25, 2013 @ 22:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Thanks for the advices, but there are a lot for me.

I'll stay in Praha just for 4 days before go to Ostrava. I'll spend 11 days there and will come back to Praha for 1 day.

And how much by train or by bus return ticket Praha-Ostrava ? The travel time from Praha to Ostrava ?

Thanks a lot.

Thanks for the advices, but there are a lot for me.

I'll stay in Praha just for 4 days before go to Ostrava. I'll spend 11 days there and will come back to Praha for 1 day.

And how much by train or by bus return ticket Praha-Ostrava ? The travel time from Praha to Ostrava ?

Thanks a lot.

lamping L, Apr 25, 2013 @ 23:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

about Ostrava (according to wikitravel):

http://wikitravel.org/en/Ostrava

3½h, Czech Railway's IC/EC every two hours (CZK 457 regular fare, CZK 229 companions in a group of 2 or more people, but best price is CZK 230 with SporoTiket).

about Ostrava (according to wikitravel):

http://wikitravel.org/en/Ostrava

3½h, Czech Railway's IC/EC every two hours (CZK 457 regular fare, CZK 229 companions in a group of 2 or more people, but best price is CZK 230 with SporoTiket).

Alan S, Apr 26, 2013 @ 08:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

The cheapest and the best connection Praha-Ostrava is with regiojet (wi-fi, coffee for free, nice stevards lol) max 300,- CZK

http://www.regiojet.cz/cs/index.html

The cheapest and the best connection Praha-Ostrava is with regiojet (wi-fi, coffee for free, nice stevards lol) max 300,- CZK

http://www.regiojet.cz/cs/index.html

Zlata K, Apr 26, 2013 @ 09:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Thanks a lot for yours precious advices. All are importants. They gave me somes ideas.

Concluded :
- I'll buy at La Gare des Routière the "return ticket Geneva-Praha" = 100 CHF
- When I'll be there, I'll buy on site another "return ticket Praha-Ostrava", travel by bus. By this way, I can see the countryside.
- I'll ask if they have a ticket for "bus & underground" for 4 days in Praha
- I'll looking for the cheap accomodation on site

Thanks a lot for yours precious advices. All are importants. They gave me somes ideas.

Concluded :
- I'll buy at La Gare des Routière the "return ticket Geneva-Praha" = 100 CHF
- When I'll be there, I'll buy on site another "return ticket Praha-Ostrava", travel by bus. By this way, I can see the countryside.
- I'll ask if they have a ticket for "bus & underground" for 4 days in Praha
- I'll looking for the cheap accomodation on site

lamping L, Apr 26, 2013 @ 10:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Of course if there is no bus to Ostrava, I'll take regiojet.

Of course if there is no bus to Ostrava, I'll take regiojet.

lamping L, Apr 26, 2013 @ 11:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

I really don't reccomend bus - it takes up to 6 hours and you will see mostly highway. With this train its about three hours and costs the same...

Public transport ticket costs 110CZK for one day...there is also 3 days card for 310CZK or just single 90 min tickets for 36 CZK. 

more info: www.dpp.cz

I really don't reccomend bus - it takes up to 6 hours and you will see mostly highway. With this train its about three hours and costs the same...

Public transport ticket costs 110CZK for one day...there is also 3 days card for 310CZK or just single 90 min tickets for 36 CZK. 

more info: www.dpp.cz

Zlata K, Apr 26, 2013 @ 11:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

OK, I'll take the train. The site you gave me is very useful.

Thanks Zlata.

OK, I'll take the train. The site you gave me is very useful.

Thanks Zlata.

lamping L, Apr 26, 2013 @ 11:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
12 Replies | 1611 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form