Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Provence Bed & Breakfasts / Cottages ?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Provence Bed & Breakfasts / Cottages ?
Hi everyone

I'm planning a trip to Provence, France with my girlfriend, and looking for some reccomendations for a nice place we could stay for a week.

We'd like to stay away from the bigger hotels and the tourist traps - idealy, we would rent a small house or a room in a local bed & breakfast.

Any reccomendations and/or general tips for traveling in Provence appreciated.

Thanks

Oded

The text you are quoting:
Hi everyone

I'm planning a trip to Provence, France with my girlfriend, and looking for some reccomendations for a nice place we could stay for a week.

We'd like to stay away from the bigger hotels and the tourist traps - idealy, we would rent a small house or a room in a local bed & breakfast.

Any reccomendations and/or general tips for traveling in Provence appreciated.

Thanks

Oded
SiteAdmin OdedOct 6, 2008 @ 15:22

Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1227 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Provence Bed & Breakfasts / Cottages ?
Post 1
http://www.lacarraire.com/

Not been there but recommended by a friend who also advises taking a hat (mistral wind)!

Luberon is a beautiful area - national park - lovely villages and markets.   Buy olive oil, taste and buy wine.   Avignon and Aix wonderful to visit......    

http://www.lacarraire.com/

Not been there but recommended by a friend who also advises taking a hat (mistral wind)!

Luberon is a beautiful area - national park - lovely villages and markets.   Buy olive oil, taste and buy wine.   Avignon and Aix wonderful to visit......    
mozambique, Oct 8, 2008 @ 16:49

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Hey, I spent lot of time and hollidays in Provence, so I probably can help you. As you said, I'm not a big fan of touristic hotels but there is plenty of beautiful and charming B&B in Provence, and I've tested a lot. The first question is : where do you want to go in Provence, because it's a large area... ;)
Hey, I spent lot of time and hollidays in Provence, so I probably can help you. As you said, I'm not a big fan of touristic hotels but there is plenty of beautiful and charming B&B in Provence, and I've tested a lot. The first question is : where do you want to go in Provence, because it's a large area... ;)
grasdubide, Oct 15, 2008 @ 12:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
[quote]Well, first thing to know about Provence : it's beautiful but unfortunately it's full of thiefs... everywhere, and more than anywhere else in the world. So be aware of your belongings.

[/quote]

Wow! Don't you think you are pretty harsh when you say that? :crying:

I know Provence by heart and I can tell you it is not more full of thiefs than some other places.

Marseille can sometimes be scaring, but it is the same for any big city.

Aix en Provence is a great safe and beautiful place, there is absolutely no risk there. :)
[quote]Well, first thing to know about Provence : it's beautiful but unfortunately it's full of thiefs... everywhere, and more than anywhere else in the world. So be aware of your belongings.

[/quote]

Wow! Don't you think you are pretty harsh when you say that? :crying:

I know Provence by heart and I can tell you it is not more full of thiefs than some other places.

Marseille can sometimes be scaring, but it is the same for any big city.

Aix en Provence is a great safe and beautiful place, there is absolutely no risk there. :)
Titecel, Oct 15, 2008 @ 12:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1227 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form