Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > SWISS - "Optional" Payment Charge

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
SWISS - "Optional" Payment Charge

Hi All,

I just discovered that SWISS Intl has implemented an "optional" charge for all ticket purchases made via credit card on their site.

The charge is 11CHF per ticket! for flights within Europe, 22CHF for flights beyond.

I called SWISS customer care and Miles & More. They told me that it's a financial transaction fee that can be avoided, if you pay using a debit card.

B.S.! Were it a transaction charge, it would not be levied on a ticket basis and there would be no differciation between inter and extra EU flights.

Call SWISS, complain. If they don't change their policy. Fly with other airlines.. or at least factor the extra charge in your travel decisions.

The text you are quoting:

Hi All,

I just discovered that SWISS Intl has implemented an "optional" charge for all ticket purchases made via credit card on their site.

The charge is 11CHF per ticket! for flights within Europe, 22CHF for flights beyond.

I called SWISS customer care and Miles & More. They told me that it's a financial transaction fee that can be avoided, if you pay using a debit card.

B.S.! Were it a transaction charge, it would not be levied on a ticket basis and there would be no differciation between inter and extra EU flights.

Call SWISS, complain. If they don't change their policy. Fly with other airlines.. or at least factor the extra charge in your travel decisions.

RianchikOct 1, 2013 @ 14:53
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 1347 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 1347 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form