Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Serbia Advice

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Serbia Advice

Здраво. Zdravo. Hello!

Any Sebians or people who have lived/visited Serbia out there?

My friend and I are going to Belgrade for a visit, and I while there are a few things that we are going to see, I would love to get any advice on MUST sees in Belgrade. If you are from the city or know it well, what would you say in the ONE thing that a someone should see or do in town? It can be cultural, sporty, a building, a place, you name, and we just might go and do it. 

And for you Serbian speakers, would love some phrases to help us get through the trip. I have a phrase book so can figure out the usuals (Please, thank you, where is...) but would love to know a few more colloquial ones as well. Please, nothing (too) filthy. Although with my mash-up of an accent, I'm sure people will have difficulty understanding me regardless. LOL

Look forward to hearing from you.

Xвала. Hvala.

Kaylois 

The text you are quoting:

Здраво. Zdravo. Hello!

Any Sebians or people who have lived/visited Serbia out there?

My friend and I are going to Belgrade for a visit, and I while there are a few things that we are going to see, I would love to get any advice on MUST sees in Belgrade. If you are from the city or know it well, what would you say in the ONE thing that a someone should see or do in town? It can be cultural, sporty, a building, a place, you name, and we just might go and do it. 

And for you Serbian speakers, would love some phrases to help us get through the trip. I have a phrase book so can figure out the usuals (Please, thank you, where is...) but would love to know a few more colloquial ones as well. Please, nothing (too) filthy. Although with my mash-up of an accent, I'm sure people will have difficulty understanding me regardless. LOL

Look forward to hearing from you.

Xвала. Hvala.

Kaylois 

K HFeb 16, 2015 @ 19:46
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 2033 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Serbia Advice
Post 1

Hey there,

I visited Serbia often in the past, it's an amazing country. I'll let u know what I think are must-visit places in Beograd/Srbija:

1. KALEMEGDAN  (the castle on the jonction of the two rivers), it's a must-see, and specially on sunset... here it is on google maps.

2. Saint-Sava: A nice white church, it's considered as the main church in Belgrade, it's in the center of the city.

Try to enjoy the food there, it's a whole culture. Their main specialities are around bbq, and grilled pork (pechenija). Good luck and enjoy ur trip ;-)

Hey there,

I visited Serbia often in the past, it's an amazing country. I'll let u know what I think are must-visit places in Beograd/Srbija:

1. KALEMEGDAN  (the castle on the jonction of the two rivers), it's a must-see, and specially on sunset... here it is on google maps.

2. Saint-Sava: A nice white church, it's considered as the main church in Belgrade, it's in the center of the city.

Try to enjoy the food there, it's a whole culture. Their main specialities are around bbq, and grilled pork (pechenija). Good luck and enjoy ur trip ;-)

Sinan, Feb 16, 2015 @ 20:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Serbia Advice
Post 2

I guess it's bit late to respond to this one at the moment, but if anyone finds it again here are my 2 cents when it comes to Belgrade, Serbia, since I live there. 

First of all, if you are coming by airplane the last thing you want to do is to take a taxi from the airport as it costs 20 euros compared to buses which go every 10-15 minutes and cost 150 rsd (1.3 eur) and 300 rsd (2.6 eur) which are number 72 and A1, they both go around the city center.

If you use google chrome and you can translate in browser, I recommend reading the following article. It's in Serbian, but it will give you a good overview of the major things to do in Belgrade. 

Regarding the public transportation, it is pretty cheap and Belgrade is more or less well-connected, however, the buses are not always reliable. So if you have time to spare, daily ticket for all transportation is 290 rsd (2.5 eur). On the other hand, if you'd like some comfort rent a car services are pretty cheap in Serbia and you can order you car to get to the airport as well.

As Sinan said make sure you try some local food as it is delicious and you won't regret it.

I guess it's bit late to respond to this one at the moment, but if anyone finds it again here are my 2 cents when it comes to Belgrade, Serbia, since I live there. 

First of all, if you are coming by airplane the last thing you want to do is to take a taxi from the airport as it costs 20 euros compared to buses which go every 10-15 minutes and cost 150 rsd (1.3 eur) and 300 rsd (2.6 eur) which are number 72 and A1, they both go around the city center.

If you use google chrome and you can translate in browser, I recommend reading the following article. It's in Serbian, but it will give you a good overview of the major things to do in Belgrade. 

Regarding the public transportation, it is pretty cheap and Belgrade is more or less well-connected, however, the buses are not always reliable. So if you have time to spare, daily ticket for all transportation is 290 rsd (2.5 eur). On the other hand, if you'd like some comfort rent a car services are pretty cheap in Serbia and you can order you car to get to the airport as well.

As Sinan said make sure you try some local food as it is delicious and you won't regret it.

Dino Kukic, Sep 12, 2017 @ 09:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 2033 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form